|Zed & Shabbir|
|Hometown:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Occupation:|| Vice President Sales - Healthcare (Zed)|
|Roadblock Count:|| Zed: 1|
Zed Dhalla and Shabbir Dhalla are a Father and Son team on The Amazing Race Canada 5.
Retrieved from CTV.com
Zed and Shabbir are a fiercely competitive father/son duo that love to bicker and tease each other. They have a deep respect and love for each other, but are both stubborn, which can create conflict between them. However, what bonds them together is their drive and motivation to succeed in life.
Shabbir had a challenging upbringing, living in Congo, Tanzania, Zambia, and Ghana, while his mom worked for the UN. Eventually his parents immigrated to Canada, a country that he loves with all his heart. In 2009, Shabbir was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon cancer and given a 50/50 chance to live. By focusing on the positive, and making healthy choices and changes to his lifestyle, Shabbir overcame cancer and has since been in remission. While it was a hard experience for their family, it has brought them all closer together. Shabbir, thankful to be alive and with a new lease of life, looks forward to tackling THE AMAZING RACE CANADA with his son.
Zed is a very driven individual with a successful career in medical device sales. Shabbir says that when Zed sets his mind on something, he goes for it 100%. Zed's approach is tackling problems head-on while Shabbir prefers to take the time to asses situations. Together they think they are the perfect combination of wisdom and strength and are ready to give THE AMAZING RACE CANADA their best shot.
"Zed: "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" (Babe Ruth) | Shabbir: "Fear is a natural reaction, courage is a choice"
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Painfully Average
Walk on Song:
- Zed: "Bring 'Em Out" by T.I. | Shabbir: "Are you Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz
Team they most associate with from previous seasons: Simi and Ope
If you could be an animal what would you be?
- Zed: Cheetah | Shabbir: Lion
- Age: 27
- Occupation: Vice President Sales - Healthcare
- Current City: Vancouver, BC
- Hometown: Squamish, BC
- Strengths: Drive, quick learner, leadership
- Fears/Phobia: Fish
- Favourite Travel Destination: Thailand
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: Gets frustrated and irritated easily.
- Age: 57
- Occupation: Self-employed
- Current City: Vancouver, BC
- Hometown: Katwa, Congo
- Strengths: Kindness, Leadership, Organization
- Fears/Phobia: Heights, snakes and letting his son down
- Favourite Travel Destination: Zanzibar
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: Stubborn, he thinks he knows it all.
The Amazing Race Canada 5
|Zed & Shabbir's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Newfoundland and Labrador → British Columbia||Pedal / Paddle||Shabbir||5 of 10|
|2||2||British Columbia → Alberta||Pump It / Pull It||Shabbir||6 of 9|
|3||3||Alberta → British Columbia||Strike It / Throw It||Zed||1 of 8|
|4||4||British Columbia → China||In Sync / In Line||Shabbir||2 of 7|
|5||5||China → Thailand||Bling It / Shred It||No Roadblock||7 of 7|
- Mark Daniell at Toronto Sun (08/02/2017): "Fan Faves Shabbir and Zed wish they had quit surfing challenge earlier"
- Amber Dowling at The Loop (08/02/2017): "Duo reveals what made them physically fall apart"
Social Media Profiles
- Zed's Instagram: /cheddarburg
- Zed & Shabbir's Twitter: @BeardandtheBald
- Zed's Twitter: @zeddhalla
|The Amazing Race Canada 5 Teams|