|Zach & Rachel|
|Members|| Zach King|
|Hometown|| Portland, Oregon (Zach)|
McHenry, Illinois (Rachel)
|Occupation|| Filmmaker (Zach)|
|Roadblock Count|| Zach: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Zach King
- Age: 25
- Twitter: @finalcutking
- Instagram: zachking
- YouTube: finalcutking
- Vine: zachking
- How many total followers do you have across all platforms? 19 million across Instagram, Vine, YouTube and Facebook.
- Hometown: Portland, Ore.
- Connection to your teammate: Spouse
- Current occupation: Filmmaker
- Describe what you do: I tell short stories for people around the world, thanks to the Internet.
- 3 words to describe you: Daring, confident and blunt/honest.
- Favorite hobbies: Flying airplanes and game nights with friends.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Marriage to my lovely wife.
- What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers and getting ripped off.
- What excites you most about traveling? I'm excited to travel with the Race because I know we will be getting to do activities we normally wouldn't think to do on our own. There will be many unique challenges based on the culture we are experiencing, that's what's so fun about the Race.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Rachel loves to think and take time to make decisions. I think we will have to find a balance with each other's thought processes. Pet peeve about your teammate: She is a clean freak and organization police.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to spend more time in Europe. I've also never been to Southeast Asia so that would be cool.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope my wife and I come out of the race with a stronger marriage. We will obviously have many great memories and laughs to share for the rest of our lives, but we still will have many more "amazing races" ahead of us called "life."
- Name: Rachel King
- Age: 25
- Instagram: rachelmking
- How many total followers do you have across all platforms? 171,000
- Hometown: McHenry, Ill.
- Connection to your teammate: Spouse
- Current occupation: Self-employed
- Describe what you do: I work alongside my husband and his team producing online content. I mostly manage the behind-the-scenes work, but you can find me in a few videos here and there.
- 3 words to describe you: Caring, adventurous and funny.
- Favorite hobbies: Traveling, trying new food and hiking.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am very proud of being accepted into my master's program for social work.
- What scares you most about traveling? What scares me most about traveling is getting lost by myself in an unfamiliar country.
- What excites you most about traveling? I am excited to experience new cultures and meet new people.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He tends to make decisions really fast and I like to think things through so we will have to meet halfway on that when racing.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He bites his nails.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to travel to New Zealand. I've heard it's absolutely breathtaking.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope the race brings Zach and me even closer together and we grow stronger as a married couple because of it.
The Amazing Race 28
|Zach & Rachel's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Mexico||Mariachi Madness / Great Bulls of Fire||Zach||3 of 11|
|2||2||Mexico → Colombia||Pop-Up / Parrilla||Rachel||6 of 11|
|3||3||Colombia||Tickets / Tejo||Zach||9 of 10|
|4||4||Colombia → Switzerland → France||Work Bench / Bench Work||Rachel||5 of 9|
|5||5||France||Dynamite / Campsite||Rachel||5 of 8|
|6||6||France → Armenia||Thread / Bread||Zach||3 of 7|
|7||7||Armenia → Georgia||Clean / String||Zach||1 of 7|
|8||8||Georgia → United Arab Emirates||Races / Oasis||Zach||4 of 6|
|9||9||United Arab Emirates → Indonesia||No Detour||Rachel||6 of 6|||
1: Leg 9 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at RealityTV World (04/25/2016): "Exclusive: The Amazing Race eliminees Zach King and Rachel King talk" (Parts 1 & 2)
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (04/25/2016): "Amazing Race 28 | Exit Interview with the Sixth Team Eliminated"
- Saba Hamedy at Mashable (04/27/2016): "We became really good friends"
Social Media Profiles
- Zach's Facebook: /finalcutking
- Zach's Twitter: @finalcutking
- Zach's Vine: /Zach.King
- Zach's YouTube Channel: /finalcutking
- Zach's Instagram: /zachking
- Rachel's Facebook: /rachel.holm.71
- Rachel's Instagram: /rachelmking
|The Amazing Race 28 Teams|