|"We're Coming For You, Phil!"|
|Episode Number||1/12 (331)|
|First Broadcast||March 30, 2017|
|Viewership (in millions)||4.30|
|Previous|| "The Only First That Matters"|
We're Coming For You, Phil! is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 29.
Racers must run to a luggage store and pick up a piece of luggage with a tag that has the flag of Panama () on it and return to Grand Hope Park to show the luggage to Phil. The sooner a person returns with the correct piece of luggage, the sooner they will get to pick their partner.
The teams that were formed are:
- Seth & Olive
- Matt & Redmond
- Shamir & Sara
- Brooke & Scott
- Becca & Floyd
- Vanck & Ashton
- Tara & Joey
- London & Logan
- Kevin & Jenn
- Liz & Michael
- Jessie & Francesca
Since neither racer was chosen, Jessie & Francesca got to ride to Los Angeles International Airport with Phil Keoghan. In addition, inside their luggage, one of the teams would find the Express Pass. Becca & Floyd found the Express Pass.
Teams must drive to Gamboa and make their way to the Panama Rainforest Discovery Center and make their way to the top of the canopy tower to find their next clue.
Choice A: Shoot
In a traditional dugout canoe, teams must use bows and arrows to knock over two silver fish to receive their next clue.
Only Becca & Floyd chose this task.
Choice B: Scoot
Teams must paddle themselves along a marked course in a modern dugout canoe, and race against a pair of professional rowers to receive their next clue. If a team loses to the professional rowers, they must start the course again, but will start at a buoy closer to the finish line.
Due to safety concerns, Kevin & Jenn were given their clue automatically and received a two-hour penalty.
Teams drive themselves to Cinta Costera Tres and find Phil under the Panamanian flag to check in.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • ϵ Used the Express Pass• ⊂ User of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⊃ Recipient of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⋐ User of the second Double U-Turn slot • ⋑ Recipient of the second Double U-Turn slot
- This episode's title was said by Seth.
- Liz & Michael arrived 45 minutes into Kevin & Jenn's penalty.
- Andy Dehnart at realityblurred (03/30/2017): "Thoughts on new premiere and stranger twist"
- Lisa de Moraes at Deadline (03/31/2017): "Amazing Race Takes Hit In Season Opener Thursday"
- Jessica Liese at Previously.tv (03/31/2017): "A Man, A Plan, A Canal, The Amazing Race"
- Donna Marie Lapena Padua at iTech Post (04/03/2017): "TAR 29 Premiere Lost Millions of Viewers"
- Lauren Wood on WKBN-TV (04/06/2017): "Amazing Race wrap: Week 1 with Jessie Shields"
- Maria Sciullo at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (04/07/2017): "Reality check: Contestants with Pittsburgh ties advance"
|The Amazing Race 29 Episode List|
"We're Coming For You, Phil!" · "Scared Spitless" · "Bucket List Type Stuff" · "Another One Bites the Dust" · "Have Faith in Me, Broski" · "Double U-Turn Ahead" · "Have Fun and Get It Done" · "Good Job, Donkey" · "I Thought We Were Playing It Nice" · "Riding a Bike is Like Riding a Bike" · "As Easy As Stacking Cups" · "We're Going to Victory Lane"