|Uchenna & Joyce|
|Teammates|| Uchenna Agu|
- Age: 40 (Season 7), 42 (Season 11)
- Hometown: Houston, Missouri
- Age: 44 (Season 7), 46 (Season 11)
- Hometown: Horseton, Alabama
Uchenna & Joyce are a married Team from Houston, Texas, who are going through an extremely challenging period in their lives. Both worked for now-bankrupt companies that experienced highly publicized accounting scandals: Uchenna worked for Enron and Joyce worked for WorldCom. Uchenna and Joyce's primary motivation for participating in the Race is to regain some of the closeness they've lost during these trying times.
Uchenna grew up in Los Angeles and now works as an energy broker in Houston. Uchenna and his wife have been through some challenging financial and emotional times as of late. After several failed attempts to get pregnant, they tried in-vitro fertilization, but it was unsuccessful. Uchenna describes himself as competitive and extroverted, and he enjoys basketball, scuba diving and horseback riding.
Joyce was born in Mississippi and raised in San Diego, California. Following her own layoff from WorldCom, Joyce now works in sales in Houston. Joyce and Uchenna desperately want children, and their numerous failed attempts has caused tension within their relationship.
Both are adventurous and ready to compete. Both have hinted that if they won the Race they would use the prize money for additional in-vitro fertilization procedures.
Uchenna and Joyce are one of the most beloved Teams from any season of Race. The winners of Season 7, Uchenna and Joyce were relentless and stopped at nothing to win the $1 million prize...including shaving their heads.
They have known each other for 16 years and have been married for seven of those. Both have admitted that the continued inability to start a family has caused a strain on their marriage, but are looking to the Race to get their relationship back on track.
This thrill seeking duo will stop at nothing to win the Race as they proved in Season 7, when without hesitation, they shaved their heads for good luck after partaking in the "Fast Forward" task. A decision that moved these tough competitors to the front of the pack and no doubt granted them a stroke of luck for the rest of the Race.
Uchenna describes himself as competitive, fair and charismatic, while Joyce claims to be caring, determined and sensitive. Will their competitive nature and luck be enough to propel them to another victory this time around?
- Leg 1: 8th
- Leg 2: 4th
- Leg 3: 2nd
- Leg 4: 3rd
- Leg 5: 6th
- Leg 6: 3rd
- Leg 7: 3rd
- Started the leg in 3rd place.
- Move Logs: Uchenna
- Originally arrived at the pit stop in 3rd, but were informed that they did not complete the Roadblock correctly and were told to finish it before they check in.
- They discovered that Uchenna took the flag off the post without taking the post itself.
- They corrected their mistake
- Because of a sizeable lead over the other three teams, this mistake did not affect their placement.
- Leg 8: (3rd) 1st (Fast Forward)
- Leg 9: 1st
- Leg 10: 3rd
- Leg 11: 3rd (Non-Elimination)
- Leg 1: 7th
- Leg 2: 5th
- Leg 3: 2nd
- Leg 4: 6th
- Started the leg in 2nd place.
- Find Team Letter: Joyce
- Arrived 6th
- Helped Charla & Mirna arrive in 7th place
- Leg 5: 7th (Non-Elimination)
- Started the leg in 6th place.
- Uchenna performed the Roadblock
- Leg 6: 3rd (30-minute penalty)
- Started the leg in last place.
- Uchenna performed the Roadblock
- Arrived 3rd and were assessed a 30-minute penalty for not arriving in 1st after being marked for elimination. It didn't affect their placement since Dustin & Kandice hadn't arrived yet.
- Leg 7: 3rd
- Leg 8: 1st (Fast Forward w/ Oswald & Danny)
- Leg 9: 5th (Eliminated)
- Started the leg in 1st place with Oswald & Danny.
- Unfortunately, their flight to Frankfurt landed ten minutes late and couldn't make their connecting flight to Kuala Lumpur in time and had to wait the next day for the next earliest flight
- Arrived at the pit stop last and were eliminated.
- Joyce having her head shaved for the fast forward
- Passed Rob & Amber and found the cigar shop first, and overcame being hung up by paying a cab driver and won The Amazing Race.
- Eliminated because they missed their connecting flight in Frankfurt due to their flight from Warsaw landing ten minutes late.
- The only former winning team to participate in the all-stars edition.
- The only former winning team to be eliminated in their second race.
- Highest finish by a male/female team, 1st Place (tied with Flo & Zach, Chip & Kim, Freddy & Kendra, Linz Family, Eric & Danielle, TK & Rachel, Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Ernie & Cindy, Rachel & Dave, Tamara & Matías, Charlie & Rachel, Lily & Jan, and Anthony & Sonja).
- The only former winning team to win two Fast Forwards in a career.
- Most legs traveled by a former winning team in a career, 21 legs.
- Most legs traveled by a male/female team in a career, 21 legs.
- Highest finish by a team with an age average of over 40, 1st place (tied with Chip & Kim and Josh & Brent).
- Lowest average placing male/female team with four legs won in a career, 3.67
- First team to survive the "marked for elimination" penalty (and still hold their placement).
- Oldest team in the Final Three, 42.
- Lowest average placing team in the final three, 3.17
- Lowest average placing team who won a leg, 4.33
- Last team from Season 7 standing.
After the race, they founded a charitable children's organization in Houston, Texas. THe hold, "The Great Raise," a Houston-version of the Amazing Race, where teams compete around the Houston area to win money for the charities. In a 2011 interview, Joyce revealed that her and Uchenna were divorced.
- Season 7 Biography
- All-Stars Biography
- Uchenna & Joyce - Amazing Race Wetpaint
- Facebook: Facebook.com/uchenna.agu.98
- Facebook: Facebook.com/jragu
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24)
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|
|The Amazing Race Winners|
US Winners: Rob & Brennan · Chris & Alex · Flo & Zach · Reichen & Chip · Chip & Kim · Freddy & Kendra · Uchenna & Joyce · Linz Family · BJ & Tyler · Tyler & James · Eric & Danielle · TK & Rachel · Nick & Starr · Tammy & Victor · Meghan & Cheyne · Dan & Jordan · Nat & Kat · Kisha & Jen · Ernie & Cindy · Rachel & Dave · Josh & Brent · Bates & Anthony · Jason & Amy