|Tyler & James|
|Members|| Tyler Denk|
|Age|| 29 (Tyler)|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Roadblock Count|| Tyler: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Tyler Denk and James Branaman are a team of Models on The Amazing Race 10.
Models and recovering drug addicts from California. Despite being a fairly physically competent team, James's tendency to struggle in any other tasks that didn't include brute forces and general unwillingness to make any kind of decision caused them to underperform against Dustin & Kandice. They made it to the Final 3, where they won because their cab had an E-Z Pass toll collection system, allowing them to get a lead on Rob & Kimberly.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Tyler & James are best friends who have each had their share of hard knocks. Several years ago, both men found themselves in rehab for addiction problems and were forced to get to sober. Tyler & James have since embraced their sobriety and have a new lease on life, working as models in Los Angeles, California.
Tyler is admittedly the more intense of the two and has a shorter fuse than James. Since he has traveled the world as a model, Tyler is right at home in any foreign location. He considers himself to be athletic and intelligent and enjoys surfing and golfing.
James has also trekked around the globe as a model. He claims that he can handle stressful situations better than Tyler, a skill that will surely be tested from the moment Phil says the word "go." He describes himself as artistic and reliable and enjoys painting and photography.
Although their traveling experience certainly gives these charming guys a leg up on the competition, will their fun-loving personalities and big smiles be enough to carry them across the finish line first?
The Amazing Race 10
|Tyler & James's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||James||1 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Tyler||2 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||James||2 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Tyler||3 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Tyler||6 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Tyler||6 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Tyler||2 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Used Fast Forward||2 of 6►|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||James||1 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||James||1 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||James||1 of 4|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||James||3 of 4|
1: Leg 7 featured an unaired Roadblock which Tyler completed the Roadblock. At the Skydiving Roadblock in Leg 12, James was shown saying that he had completed more Roadblocks than Tyler up to that point.
2: Leg 9 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
- Both are friends with Survivor: Panama winner, Aras Baskauskas.
- James even appeared in Aras's hometown video that was played in that season's finale.
- First former drug addicts to win the race.
- Tyler's Wikipedia page: Tyler Denk
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (12/10/2006): "Tyler & James are Race Champs"
- Jessica Shaw at EW (12/11/2006): "The Amazing Race winners tell all"
- amNewYork (12/11/2006): "Amazing Race winners talk"
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (12/12/2006): "Amazing Race 10 Exclusive Winners Interview: Tyler & James"
- Jenn Brasler at Reality News Online (01/08/2007): "I Don't Think We Doubted Ourselves in Any Way" (with James)
Social Media Profiles
- Tyler's Facebook: /tyler.denk.39
- James's Facebook: /jbranaman
- James's YouTube Channel: /jeber78
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|