|Tim & Tim|
|Relationship||Father & Son|
|Teammates|| Tim Hague Sr.|
Tim Hague Jr.
Tim & Tim are a Father & Son team on the 1st season of The Amazing Race Canada.
Tim Hague Sr.Edit
- Age: 48 (Nov 26, 1964)
- Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
- Connection to Teammate: Father
- Current Occupation: Registered Nurse
- Nickname: n/a
- Place of Birth: Robstown, Texas, USA
- Couldn’t live without: Coffee
- Strengths: Endurance, physical activity, trivia, medical treatments, reading people
- Fears/Phobias: Slight claustrophobia
- Favourite travel destination: New York City
Tim Hague, Jr.Edit
- Age: 23 (Jan 28, 1990)
- Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
- Connection to Teammate: Son
- Current Occupation: Sales
- Nickname: n/a
- Place of Birth: Winnipeg, MB
- Couldn’t live without: “My NBA app”
- Strengths: Solid all-around athlete, talkative, friendly
- Fears/Phobias: “Committing (overcame when I proposed to my wife!)”
- Favourite travel destination: “A cabin on the lake...doesn’t matter where”
Tim Sr.’s wife Sheryl, and mother to Tim Jr., had the idea that this father and son duo would make a great team for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. As the eldest of four children, Tim Jr. and his father spend a lot of time together and he shares his father ’s positive outlook. “I relish the chance to work with my dad,” says Tim Jr. “We get along great but we have never truly pushed each other. I can’t wait to do that.”
Three years ago Tim Sr. was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, which he has attacked with incredible optimism. Tim Sr. refuses to yield to the condition, and states “It doesn’t mean you can’t still compete...or have to go quietly into the night.” Currently Tim Sr. has completed a triathlon, and multiple half marathons, with his sights on many more this summer, while Tim Jr. just completed his first half marathon.
This energetic and highly confident pair has never travelled east of Manitoba, and hope to see Quebec City as one of the destinations on the Race.
Motto: “Just because you’ve been given a diagnosis does not mean the end of your life.”
How will they plan to win The Race: “Have an amazingly fun time and see how far we can get. Build each other up at all times!”
Number one roadblock as team: “Both of us have pretty strong personalities so it will be a challenge to make sure we’re always positive with each other.”
Canada Season 1Edit
- Leg 1: 6th (30-minute penalty)
- Leg 2: 6th
- Leg 3: 7th (Non-elimination leg)
- Leg 4: 5th
- Leg 5: 2nd
- 1st U-Turned Hal & Joanne
- Leg 6: 5th (Non-elimination leg)
- Leg 7: 2nd
- Leg 8: 2nd
- Leg 9: 3rd
- Leg 10: 1st
- Tim Sr. taking many attempts to finish Leg 3 roadblock.
- At the Roadblock of Leg 4, which could only be performed by one person at a time, Tim Jr. ran in front of Dave, who had gotten there first, but stepped back to wait his turn after being booed by the spectators for it.
- Winning Season 1 after being saved by a non-elimination leg twice.
- U-Turning Hal & Joanne after that team had already incurred a 2-hour penalty for failing to complete an earlier challenge, ultimately resulting in their elimination.
- First team ever to feature a contestant with Parkinsons disease. (Tim Sr.)
- Fourth team to share the same first name (following Casilda & Casilda, Richard & Richard, and Edison & Edison)
- Second team with a shared first name to win the Race (following Richard & Richard).
- First parent/child team to win the Race (followed by Dave & Connor).
- First winners of the Canadian Version.
- First team to complete two Speed Bumps and win the race.
- Lowest average placing parent/child team who won the race, 3.8.
- First team to use the U-Turn.
- First team to share the same first name.
- First team to be saved from a non-elimination leg.
- First team to win the race.
- First team to take a penalty.
- First team to win the final leg without winning any previous legs.
- First team to be saved by a non-elimination leg.
- Only team to face a Speed Bump.
- Twitter @TimTimeARC
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25)
|The Amazing Race Canada 1 Teams|
[Template fetch failed for http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Template:CoteAd?action=render]