|Tim & Tim|
|Members|| Tim Hague Sr.|
Tim Hague Jr.
|Birth Dates|| November 26, 1964 (Sr.)|
January 28, 1990 (Jr.)
|Age|| 48 (Sr.)|
|Occupation|| Registered Nurse (Sr.)|
|Roadblock Count|| Tim Sr.: 6|
Tim Jr.: 6
Tim Hague, Sr. & Tim Hague, Jr. are a Father & Son team on the 1st season of The Amazing Race Canada.
- Age: 48 (Nov 26, 1964)
- Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
- Connection to Teammate: Father
- Current Occupation: Registered Nurse
- Nickname: n/a
- Place of Birth: Robstown, Texas, USA
- Couldn't live without: Coffee
- Strengths: Endurance, physical activity, trivia, medical treatments, reading people
- Fears/Phobias: Slight claustrophobia
- Favourite travel destination: New York City
- Age: 23 (Jan 28, 1990)
- Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
- Connection to Teammate: Son
- Current Occupation: Sales
- Nickname: n/a
- Place of Birth: Winnipeg, MB
- Couldn't live without: "My NBA app"
- Strengths: Solid all-around athlete, talkative, friendly
- Fears/Phobias: "Committing (overcame when I proposed to my wife!)"
- Favourite travel destination: "A cabin on the lake...doesn't matter where"
Tim Sr.'s wife Sheryl, and mother to Tim Jr., had the idea that this father and son duo would make a great team for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. As the eldest of four children, Tim Jr. and his father spend a lot of time together and he shares his father 's positive outlook. "I relish the chance to work with my dad," says Tim Jr. "We get along great but we have never truly pushed each other. I can't wait to do that."
Three years ago Tim Sr. was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, which he has attacked with incredible optimism. Tim Sr. refuses to yield to the condition, and states "It doesn't mean you can't still compete...or have to go quietly into the night." Currently Tim Sr. has completed a triathlon, and multiple half marathons, with his sights on many more this summer, while Tim Jr. just completed his first half marathon.
This energetic and highly confident pair has never travelled east of Manitoba, and hope to see Quebec City as one of the destinations on the Race.
Motto: "Just because you've been given a diagnosis does not mean the end of your life."
How will they plan to win The Race: "Have an amazingly fun time and see how far we can get. Build each other up at all times!"
Number one roadblock as team: "Both of us have pretty strong personalities so it will be a challenge to make sure we're always positive with each other."
The Amazing Race Canada 1
|Tim & Tim's Race History|
|1||1||Ontario → British Columbia||No Detour||Tim Jr.||6 of 9|||
|2||2||British Columbia||Draw It / Dance It||Tim Jr.||6 of 8|
|3||3||British Columbia → Alberta||Lump by Lump / Bone by Bone||Tim Sr.||7 of 7|
|4||4||Alberta → Northwest Territories → Yukon||Yukon Supply Run / Klondike Gold Rush||Tim Jr.||5 of 7|
|5||5||Yukon → Saskatchewan||Brawn / Beauty||Tim Sr.||2 of 6⊂|
|6||6||Saskatchewan → Quebec||Sculpt It / Spot It||Tim Jr.||5 of 5|
|7||7||Quebec → Nunavut||Harpoon Hunter / Igloo Builder||Tim Sr.||2 of 5|
|8||8||Nunavut → Nova Scotia||Surf / Turf||Tim Jr.||2 of 4|
|9||9||Nova Scotia → Newfoundland and Labrador||Tell a Tale / Wag a Tail||Tim Sr.||3 of 4|
|10||10||Newfoundland and Labrador → Ontario||No Detour||Tim Jr.||1 of 3|||
1: Leg 1 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
2: Tim & Tim originally arrived at the Pit Stop in 5th place, but received a 30-minute penalty for only taking 1 of 2 clues from the terrarium at the Butterfly Conservatory, as the clue stated they must take both. This dropped them to 6th place.
3: Leg 10 also featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- First team to perform two Speed Bumps in a single season.
- First parent-child team to win the race.
- First team to incur a time penalty during the race.
- First team to finish last on a Non-Elimination Leg and subsequently, the first to perform a Speed Bump.
- First team to use the U-Turn.
- First team to arrive first at the Finish Line, thus winning the race.
- Mike Daly at Winnipeg Health Region (07/22/2013): "Amazing heart, Amazing Race"
- Marlene Leung at Canada AM (09/17/2013): "Amazing Race Canada winners excited to give back to community"
- Ruth Myles at Calgary Herald (09/17/2013): "Tim Hague Sr. and Jr. talk winning The Amazing Race Canada (and what they'll do with those Corvettes)"
- Cassandra Szklarski at National Post (09/17/2013): "Father-and-son team ‘The Tims’ win inaugural ‘Amazing Race Canada’ as CTV green-lights second season"
- Graham Lanktree at Toronto Metro News (09/17/2013): "Amazing Race Canada: Tim and Tim on their win
Social Media Profiles
- Tim & Tim's Facebook: /TimtimeARC-185218154980993
- Tim & Tim's YouTube: /UC9umh5cuAG3he7hZZTD1XSg
- Fan Page of Tim Sr.'s Facebook: /TimHagueSr
- Tim Sr.'s Website: www.TimSr.ca
- Tim Sr.'s Facebook: /tim.hague.393
- Tim Jr.'s Twitter: @TimTimeARC
- Tim Jr.'s Facebook: /tim.hague.31
|The Amazing Race Canada 1 Teams|