The Amazing Race 3 (formerly known as The Amazing Race Latinoamérica 3) was the third installment of the Latin American version of the reality television show The Amazing Race. The Amazing Race Latinoamérica 3 was the first season aired in the Space channel in association with Disney Media Networks Latin America. It featured eleven teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race across Latin America to win US$250,000.
This season counted with eleven teams from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela and for the first time Costa Rica and Ecuador. And also for the first time in this version, Brazil was not be represented. This season's cast includes notably Colombian celebrities Toya Montoya and Juan del Mar.
- Main article: The Amazing Race Latinoamérica 3 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcasted on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Nicolás & Cristóbal||Twins||2nd||4th||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||1st^||1stƒ||1st||1st||2nd||1st||Nicolás 6, Cristóbal 6|
|Felipe & Alejandro||Friends/Doctors||1st||2nd||1st||1st||1st||1st||5th4||4th+5||4th||2nd6||2nd||3rd||2nd||Felipe 7, Alejandro 6|
|Maxi & Demi||Cousins||7th||9th||8th||6th||5th||4th||2nd||2nd+||2nd||3rd6||3rd||1st||3rd||Demi 6, Maxi 7|
|Kathy & Rick||Married||9th||7th||7th||8th||6th||5th||1st||3rd–||3rd||4th6||4th||Rick 5, Kathy 6|
|Toya & Juan Del Mar||Dating||3rd||1st||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd||6th||5th–5||5th||5th||Juan del Mar 6, Toya 4|
|Marisol & José||Dating||4th||5th||4th||4th||7th||7th||4th||6th^||José 5, Marisol 3|
|Andre & Nico||Siblings||5th||3rd||5th||5th1||4th||6th||7th||Nico 5, Andre 2|
|Rosario & Pablo||Friends||6th||6th||6th||7th||8th2||8th3||Pablo 4, Rosario 2|
|Mónica & Rosy||Sisters-in-law||8th||8th||9th||9th||Mónica 1, Rosy 3|
|Vero & Gaba||Friends||11th||10th||10th||Vero 2, Gaba 1|
|Ale & Eze||Dating||10th||11th||Ale 0, Eze 2|
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Note 1: Nico & Andre arrived 5th, but received a 15 minute penalty because Andre lost her visa to be in Uruguay. This did not affect their placement.
Note 2: Pablo & Rosario arrived 6th, but received a 15 minute penalty because Pablo popped his balloon and didn't go to get a new one in the Detour. The other teams checked in during the penalty time, dropping their placement to last; however they were notified as a non-elimination leg, thus the remaining penalty time would be accessed at the start of the next leg.
Note 3: Pablo & Rosario did not complete the Detour. Already in last place, they were allowed to check in to the pit stop without being issued the penalty and were eliminated.
Note 4: Felipe & Alejandro elected to use the Express Pass to bypass an additional task in the Puritama hot springs in Leg 7.
Note 5: Felipe & Alejandro and Juan del Mar & Toya arrived 3rd and 4th, respectively, but both received a 15-minute penalty as they were caught speeding, dropping their placements to 4th and 5th, respectively.
Note 6: Felipe & Alejandro, Demi & Maxi, and Rick & Kathy arrived 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, respectively, but received a 1-hour penalty as they were caught speeding. This did not affect their placement.
- Has the southernmost Starting Line
- First time the final three consisted of three matching same-gender teams. (3 male teams)
- For the first time, the final three didn't have at least one M/F team or one F/F, consisting of three M/M teams
- ↑ Space transmitirá tercera temporada de The Amazing Race Latinoamérica. Retrieved on 2011-01-25.
- ↑ Producirán la tercera temporada de The Amazing Race Latinoamérica. Retrieved on 2011-01-24.
- ↑ La nueva temporada de "The Amazing Race Latinoamérica" se verá por Space. Retrieved on 2011-01-25.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Space presentó la tercera edición de The Amazing Race Latinoamérica. Retrieved on 2011-07-09.
- ↑ Setembro: Space estreia The Amazing Race LA 3. Retrieved on 2011-07-09.
- ↑ Abren inscripciones para The Amazing Race Latinoamérica. Retrieved on 2011-02-23.
- ↑ Space transmitirá tercera temporada de The Amazing Race Latinoamérica. Retrieved on 2011-06-23.
- ↑ Carrera asombrosa. Retrieved on 2011-01-09.
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)