The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc Đua Kỳ Thú 2012 is the first season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race Vietnam. It premiered on May 18, 2012 on VTV3.
- Main article: The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc Đua Kỳ Thú 2012 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Baggio & Thành Phúc||Friends||6th||2nd||1st||3rd||1stƒ||6th||5th||3rd||1st||3rd6||3rd7/1st||1st||6-8|
|Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo||Dating||7th||8th||6th||6th||3rd||4th||6th||1st||5th||4th6||1st8/3rd||2nd||8-7|
|Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng||Brothers||9th||7th||5th||5th||2nd||1st»||2nd||5th||3rd||2nd6||4th7,9/2nd||3rd||8-7|
|Chí Bình & Hồng Long||Best Friends||2nd||4th||3rd||2nd||5th||3rd||4th||2nd5||4th||1st»||2nd9/4th10||Eliminated 7th||6-7|
|Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn||Cousins||4th||1st||9th||7th||7th4||7th«||1st||4th||2nd||5th«||Eliminated 6th||6-5|
|Minh Châu & Trần Châu||Best Friends||5th||6th||4th||1st||4th||5th||3rd||6th||Eliminated 5th||4-4|
|Gia Bình & Bảo Châu||Co-Workers||10th||9th||7th||8th||6th||2nd||7th||Eliminated 4th||3-4|
|Thanh Tuấn & Mỹ Trâm||Married||3rd||3rd||2nd||4th||8th||Eliminated 3rd||2-3|
|Richie & Mimi||Dating||8th||10th||8th2||9th||Eliminated 2nd||2-2|
|Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa||Best Friends||1st||5th1||10th||Eliminated 1st||1-13|
Note 1: Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa initially came in 3rd, but received a 15-minute penalty for taking scooter taxi instead of regular taxi.
Note 2: Richie & Mimi initially came in 5th, but received a 30-minute penalty for breaking the safety rules while on the boat.
Note 3: Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa used the express pass to bypass the roadblock in leg 3. Therefore, no one completed this roadblock.
Note 4: Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn initially came in 6th, but received a 30-minute penalty for not paying the taxi fare.
Note 5: Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially came in 1st, but received a 45-minute penalty for pulling up the net at Anh Tin Fish Raft.
Note 6: Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng, Baggio & Thành Phúc and Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo received a 30-minute penalty for not going in the right direction at the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement.
Note 7: Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng and Baggio & Thành Phúc received a 20-minute penalty for failing to implant pearls to 4 pearl oysters at Phu Quoc Pearl Oyster Farm.
Note 8: Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo received a 10-minute penalty for failing to implant pearls to 2 pearl oysters at Phu Quoc Pearl Oyster Farm.
Note 9: Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng and Chí Bình & Hồng Long received a 2-hour penalty for dropping the coconut baskets at Phu Quoc Prison.
Note 10: Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially came in 3rd, but received a 90-minute penalty for quitting an additional task at the swimming pool in District 4 Sports Center.
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Legs and EpisodesEdit
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (Hanoi)Edit
- Starting Line: My Dinh National Stadium
- Teams had to search through 10000 seats on the B stand of the stadium for their first clue.
- My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi
- One team member had to climb to the roof of the stadium and abseil down to receive their next clue.
- Thanh Nien Street, Hanoi
- Crowded Streets (Phố Giăng Mắc Cửi): teams had to travel to Đong Xuan Market (Chợ Đồng Xuân), pick up a list of goods including 2 reed mats, 2 masks, 1 pipe and 1 feather duster, then find 3 marked shops located in Hang Ma Street, Hang Chieu Street and Hang Vai Street to collect the them. After that, they had to carry them back to Đong Xuan Market to receive their next clue.
- Beautiful Words (Bút Hoa Lưu Truyền): Teams traveled to Temple of Literature. Here, one member had to listen to a four-sentence poem for only 1 time, then tell their partner to write it down and bring it to an old calligraphist to check. If it's correct, they would receive their next clues. If not, they had to wait for one incense to burn out, then they'd be able to listen again.
- National Museum of Vietnamese History, Hanoi
- Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa won won the Express Pass (thẻ ưu tiên) for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (Hanoi → Hoa Binh)Edit
- From My Dinh Bus Station, Hanoi to Kim Boi Bus Station, Hoa Binh.
- Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery, Hoa Binh
- One team member had to search the the cemetery for 4 hidden numbers: 8, 5, 1, 2. Then use these numbers to open a 4-number combination lock which locked a box contained their next clue.
- Hoa Binh Hydroelectric Dam, Hoa Binh
- Teams had to obtain 10 liters of water from Da River and carry it to the top of the dam to receive their next clue.
- Giang Mo Village, Hoa Binh
- Farm Play (Nông Nhàn): Teams had to walk on stilts on a short marked road to receive their next clue.
- Farm Work (Nông Vụ): Each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane to receive their next clue.
- Giang Mo Village, Hoa BInh
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (Hoa Binh → Ninh Binh)Edit
- From Kim Boi Bus Station, Hoa Binh to Ninh Binh Bus Station, Ninh Binh City, Ninh Binh province
- Qilin Mountain, Ninh Binh
- Goat for Play (Chơi): Teams traveled to Anh Luc's Goat Ranch. Here, one team member was blindfolded and had to follow verbal directions from the other team member to catch a goat in a mud enclosure. Each teams must catch only the goat wearing the same color as their blindfolded cloth. After successfully finishing the capture, teams could take off their blindfolds and herd the animal back to its pen.
- Cơm cháy for Eat (Ăn): Teams traveled to Grand Restaurant in Tràng An Marina and had to eat 20 plates of cơm cháy each.
- Old Dock, Ninh Binh, Hoa Lu to Cây Bàng Marina, Ninh Binh
- One team member had to climb the stairs of Tam Quan Gate (at Cây Bàng Marina) and find a young monk, who would tell them to count the stairs' steps. During the counting, teams were also distracted by a loudspeaker introducing Trần Dynasty's history. If they came up with the correct answer (214), they would receive their next clues.
- Thai Vi Temple, Ninh Binh, Hoa Lu
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (Ninh Binh)Edit
- Bai Dinh Temple, Ninh Binh to Cuc Phuong National Park
- Động Người Xưa / Cave Of Prehistoric Man, Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh
- Thick Jungle (Rừng Rậm): Teams had to make their way to a marked jungle area. Here, they had to search through the density to find clues hidden among leaves, branches and vines.
- Thin Jungle (Rừng Thưa): One leg of each team members would be tied together. In this situation, they had to pass through a rope system without ringing any bells hanging on these strings. If a bell was rang, teams must re-do this task from the beginning.
- Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh
- One team member had to crawl into a snake cage and retrieve a clue put under a python.
- Central Resting Point, Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh
Leg 5 - Episode 5 (Ninh Binh → Da Nang)Edit
- From Ninh Binh Train Station, Ninh Binh to Da Nang Train Station, Da Nang
- Da Nang Train Station, Da Nang
- Teams had to travel to My Khe Beach and convince any people they could find on the beach to have his/her head shaved.
- Bà Nà Hills, Da Nang
- Finger (Hoa Tay): Teams traveled to a sculpture shop and attempted at making a living statue. One team member had to take off his/her clothes and pretend to be a stone figure while the other team member painted his/her partner's body with white paint. They could only use one finger to paint.
- Palm (Lòng Tay): Teams traveled to Sandy Beach Resort. They had to dig a marked sand area on the beach for a clue buried somewhere 1 meter below the sand. Teams were required to use nothing but their bare hands.
- Da Nang Golf Club, Da Nang
- Each team members picked a golf ball to randomly determine their roles as a golfer and a caddy. They could not change their roles during this challenge. The golfer had to successfully hit a ball into hole no. 16 within two strokes to receive the next clue. While the golfer playing, the caddy had to always carry a heavy golf bag. If, by any reasons, the golf bag was put onto the ground, the golfer had to pause from playing until the caddy pick it up again.
- For the roadblock, one team member had to carry a tray of Sting bottles to a nearby restaurant. Upon reaching this place, they needed to serve random customers with this soft drink in order to exchange for the Race's sticker. Then, they could trade it for their clues. If any teams ran out of Sting, they had to get back to the starting point and refill.
- Fusion Maia Resort, Da Nang
- Baggio & Thành Phúc won two nights at the Fusion Maia Resort for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 6 - Episode 6 (Da Nang → Quang Nam)Edit
- From Da Nang to Thanh Ha Pottery Village, Hoi An, Quang Nam
- At Thanh Ha Pottery Village, teams had to shape a medium-sized clay bowl by using a potter's kick wheel.
- From Thanh Ha Pottery Park, teams had to transfer a bicycle and a big coracle to Hoi An's Heritage Preserving Center. During this challenge, teams couldn't ask for assistance from any bystanders or use any sorts of transportation excluded the bicycle they had been provided.
- Hoi An's Heritage Preserving Center, Hoi An
- One of the team members had to successfully sew a cushion's cover to a chief tailor's satisfaction.
- Yaly Sew Factory, Hoi An
- Make-a-living (Trang Trải): Teams had to use a movable bánh tiêu (a local snack food) vendor to sell these and earn 400,000 VND (approximately 19US$).
- Awe-inspiring (Trang Trọng): Teams had to figure it out by themselves how to create the symbol of Hoi An: a cloth lantern. If teams could impress a lantern-maker with their products, they would receive the next clue.
- Hoi An's Museum of Cultural History Museum, Hoi An
- Old wooden boat on Hoai River, Hoi An
Leg 7 - Episode 7 (Quang Nam → Thua Thien - Hue)Edit
- From Da Nang to Hue, Thua Thien - Hue
- Thanh Toàn Tiled Bridge, Hue
- Teams had to find Madame Trần Thị Dìu, a famous fortune teller, and ask for their clues.
- The Beauty (Thân Ngọc Mình Ngà): Teams had to make 400 stick incenses at Da Le Thuong Shrine.
- The Bold (Lưng Dài Vai Rộng): Teams had to travel to Huong Thuy village and run through a muddy course without being forced out of the boundary by six professional wrestlers. Teams were allowed to tackle the wrestlers but not to injure them by any means.
- Khai Dinh Tomb, Hue
- Teams had to complete a sliding puzzle.
- After finishing the sliding puzzle task, teams received a hint saying, "Result is Destination". It is up to teams to discover that their next destination was actually the image on their puzzle sets.
- Minh Mang Tomb, Hue
- One team member had to memorize both the regnal years and the faces of seven kings from the Nguyen Dynasty, then pick up 20 wooden tablets indicating four different time durations: 1, 2, 5 and 10 years. After that, they had to bring these tablets to the inner area of the temple and placed the times correspondingly to each of the seven kings.
- Quoc Hoc Stone Tablet, Hue
- Teams had to pick a cyclo and ride to the Imperial City.
- Imperial City, Hue
Leg 8 - Episode 8 (Thua Thien - Hue → Khanh Hoa)Edit
- From Hue to Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa
- City Cultural House, Nha Trang
- Soft (Mềm): Teams had to make a five-star hotel bed.
- Tough (Dai): Teams had to make 16 bowls of noodle from dough.
- Sheraton Hotel, Nha Trang
- Teams took a speed boat from Bao Dai Dock to Anh Tin Fish Raft. Here, they had to only use a provided net to catch 3 fishes. Then, teams needed to transfer these fishes in a spongy box back to the shore while swimming.
- Bao Dai Dock, Nha Trang
- Teams rode a kayak to a marked area. Subsequently, they needed to dive into the water to untie a clue hidden in a coral reef.
- Coral reef, Nha Trang
- One team member had to walk on a cầu khỉ (monkey bridge) to reach a clue hanging at the other end.
- Po Nagar Tower, Nha Trang
- Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo won two nights at Vinpearl Resort for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 9 - Episode 9 (Khanh Hoa → Lam Dong)Edit
- From Nha Trang Bus Station, Nha Trang to Phuong Trang Bus Station, Da Lat, Lam Dong
- Bao Dai 3rd Palace, Da Lat
- Teams had to arrange a flower vase as close to the sample. They also had to collect different types of flowers from several girls scattered around the Palace. The number of flowers must be the same with teams' samples.
- Prenn Falls, Da Lat
- One team member had to slide down a stream, abseil down a water fall and retrieve the clue hanging in the middle of the place, jump down a rock cliff, then find their way back to their teammate.
- Mount Langbiang, Da Lat
- The team member that sat out the first Roadblock had to dress up as K'Ho people, ride a horse to pick up the arrows and use the crossbow to shoot them into the bullseye.
- Da Lat Market, Da Lat
- Teams were given 500,000 VND to buy some items with a correct quantity. The given money was less than the real price, so teams had to hustle their bargain talent. After buying all of the necessary goods, they had to deliver them to Lam Dong Sponsoring Center on a tandem bicycle.
- Da Lat Cable Car Station, Da Lat
- Baggio & Thành Phúc won two nights at Saigon - Dalat Hotel for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 10 - Episode 10 (Lam Dong → Binh Thuan)Edit
- From Da Lat, Lam Dong to Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan
- Yen Gia Restaurant, Phan Thiet
- Phan Thiet JSC of fish sauce, Phan Thiet
- The clues were written entirely in Russian, it's up to teams to figure out their next destination.
- VidoTour Travel Company, Phan Thiet
- Teams had to remove all four wheels on a jeep, inflate and put them back in to receive their next clue.
- Mui Ne Fishing Village, Phan Thiet
- Teams had to search for their next clue, hidden amongs boats.
- Blue Sea (Biển Xanh): Teams travelled to Mui Ne Beach and had to paddle out to sea in traditional Vietnamese boats and retrieve one of five keys hidden inside 500 bottles of Sting.
- Red Stream (Suối Đỏ): Teams travelled to the house of Dia and had to load 100 coconuts onto a cattle-drawn carriage and deliver them to the Good Fairy Stream without dropping any to receive their next clue.
- White Lake, Phan Thiet
- Falling Ravine, Phan Thiet
- Chí Bình & Hồng Long won two nights at Novotel Hotel, Phan Thiet for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 11 - Episodes 11 & 12 (Binh Thuan → Ho Chi Minh City → Kien Giang → Ho Chi Minh City)Edit
- From Phan Thiet Bus Station, Phan Thiet to Mien Dong Bus Station, Ho Chi Minh City
- Flight from Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc International Airport, Phu Quoc
- Lien Au Restaurant, Phu Quoc
- Teams had to catch a wild boar with a bandana around its neck to receive the next clue.
- Phu Quoc Pearl Oyster Farm, Phu Quoc
- Teams had to use tools to implant 10 pearls into 10 pearl oysters. For each failed or killed oysters, they received a 5-minute penalty.
- Hot (Nóng): Teams had to travel to a pepper farm and separate black and green pepper.
- Cold (Lạnh): Team had to travel to an ice factoty and use only a spoon to break the ice blocks to reveal the clue inside.
- Phu Quoc Prison, Phu Quoc
- One team member had to answer a quiz with 10 questions. The other team member then had to enter the prison and search for these 10 questions around the prison, answer them and try to match their partner's answers. With every wrong answer, a large coconut would be added to the baskets the first team member was carrying. That team member had to withstand the weight of these coconuts and carry them through a thin path surrounded by barbed wire until their partner answered all questions correctly. A 2-hour penalty would be applied if teams couldn't bear the weight any more. After the penalty, they would have to continue with the task, but could start again with empty baskets.
- Sao Beach, Phu Quoc
- One team member had to guide a key through a rope maze. After extracting the key, they had to pull on a rope with a heavy wooden crate out of the sea and use the key to unlock it. Inside, they would find three photographs. Using these photos, they had to search the beach for three parts of a map, which identified the location of the next destination.
- →→ Chez Carole Resort, Phu Quoc
- From Phu Quoc Ferry Terminal, Phu Quoc to Rach Gia Ferry Terminal, Rach Gia
- From Rach Gia Bus Station, Rach Gia to Mien Dong Bus Station, Ho Chi Minh City
- District 4 Sports Center, Ho Chi Minh City
- Teams had to go to the swimming pool. Here, one team member entered an underwater cage with little breathing space. The other team member then had to solve five extremely complex math problems without using paper or a calculator. They would then have to swim 50m across the pool and use the five answers they came up with to unlock the cage's padlock. Finally, both team members then had to place 11 flags on a large map of Vietnam, representing the 11 locations they visited.
- Ears (Mát tai): Teams traveled to Ho Chi Minh University of Film and Theater and had to learn and perform a scene from the cải lương play “Lan and Diep”.
- Eyes (Mát mắt): Teams traveled to the Martial Arts Training Center and had to learn and perform a series of Martial Arts moves.
- 23/9 Park Circus, Ho Chi Minh City
- One team member had to perform three circus acts including balancing on a balancing board for three minutes, spinning three hula hoops without dropping any for another three minutes and successfully performing a flying trapeze to receive their next clue. These tasks could be completed in any order.
- Anh Sao Bridge, Ho Chi Minh City
- Baggio & Thành Phúc won two nights at Vinpearl Resort, Nha Trang for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 12 - Episode 13 (Ho Chi Minh City → Dong Nai → Binh Duong → Ho Chi Minh City)Edit
- Canh Vien Park, Ho Chi Minh City
- Teams had to learn and successfully perform a series of breakdance moves.
- PepsiCo Factory, Dong Nai
- Teams had to arrange 286 boxes of Sting into a 6-layer pyramid to receive their next clue.
- Hung Dao Container Area, Di An
- In the first Roadblock, one team member had to climb up to the top of a stack of large shipping containers and then balance across a thin metal beam to the top of another stack to get their next clue.
- In the second Roadblock, the other team member had to learn an action hero stunt. Then they had to outrun two men on motorcycles while keeping the flag on the backpacks, use a stunt trampoline to climb over a shipping container, climb a rope ladder to a container suspended above the ground, engage in a stunt fight and finally jump through a fake wall and fall onto a cushion to complete the challenge.
- Finish Line: Ong Cay Bridge, Ho Chi Minh City
- Baggio & Thành Phúc won VND 300,000,000 for placing 1st in this leg.
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)