The Amazing Race Norge is the Norwegian version of The Amazing Race. It is produced by TV 2 and the television production company Rubicon TV. The show featured eleven teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world to win a NOK 500,000 & a Subaru XV for each team member.
The host of the show is soccer player Freddy dos Santos.
- Main article: The Amazing Race Norge Teams
The following teams participated in the Race. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Morten & Truls||Brothers||4th||1st||2nd||2nd||1st||6th||2nd||1st||1st||4th||1st||2nd||1st||5-6|
|Karim & Khabat||Mates||1st||9th||4th||1st||2nd||1st||1st||3rd||3rd||1st||3rd||1st||2nd||6-5|
|Cathrine & Michelle||Best Friends||7th||2nd||1st||3rd4,5||7th||5th||4th||5th||4th||2nd||2nd||3rd||3rd||4-7|
|Frank & Ivar||Twins||8th||4th||3rd||7th||3rd||2nd||3rd||4th||2nd||3rd||4th||4th||Eliminated 8th||6-5|
|Kari & Bjørn||Married||9th2||5th||5th||6th||4th||4th||5th||2nd||5th||5th||5th||Eliminated 7th||5-6|
|Tor Einar & Cathrine||Father/Daughter||6th||7th||7th||5th||5th||3rd||6th||6th||Eliminated 6th||3-5|
|Julie & Vichy||Dating||2nd||3rd||8th||4th||6th||7th||Eliminated 5th||3-3|
|Bjarne & Vilde||Friends||3rd||6th||6th||8th||8th||Eliminated 4th||3-2|
|Martha & Elise||Sisters||10th||8th||9th||Eliminated 3rd||2-1|
|Pål Christian & Ivar||Third Cousins||5th||10th3||Eliminated 2nd||2-0|
|Kenneth & Hakan||Co-Workers||11th1||Eliminated 1st||0-0|
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Note 1: Kenneth & Hakan were the last team to get a clue at the Oslo Airport and were eliminated as per the provisions of the first leg's rules.
Note 2: Kari & Bjørn initially arrived in 4th place, but were given a 1-hour penalty for not travelling in an Abra boat from Dubai's Creek to the Gold Souk, dropping to 9th place.
Note 3: Pål Christian quit the Roadblock. Since Pål Christian & Ivar arrived last, they were eliminated without receiving a penalty.
Note 4: Cathrine & Michelle elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the additional task at the theatre in Leg 4.
Note 5: Cathrine & Michelle initially arrived in 1st place, but were given a 1-hour penalty for cheating on the Roadblock, dropping to 3rd place.
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 – Episode 1 (Norway → United Arab Emirates)Edit
- Starting Line: Holmenkollbakken, Holmenkollen, Oslo, Norway
- At the Starting Line, teams had to relate three phrases written in different languages: Russian, Arabic and Chinese with the flags of the countries where they are spoken: Russia, the United Arab Emirates and China. Then teams had to show the board to the host, and if they were correct they would receive their next clue.
- Flight from Oslo Airport, Gardermoen, Oslo to Dubai International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- At the Oslo Airport, teams had to search for one of only ten clues located in four different areas of the airport (Information Desk, Lost Property, the Café, and the Passengers Assistance). Each area had a limited number of clues, so if the teams asked for a clue in an area without clues they would have to go to the next area. The team without a clue at the end of this task was eliminated from the race.
- Dubai International Airport, Dubai
- Teams had to search for a camel owner named "Hassan". Once the team found Hassan, they would be driven to their next destination: the Camel Breeding Centre.
- Camel Breeding Centre, Dubai
- One team member had to ride a camel, while the other team member guided it through a designed course. Once the teams completed the course, they would receive their next clue.
- Atlantis, The Palm - Aquarium, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
- One team member had to wear a wetsuit and retrieve their next clue in a shark tank.
- Atlantis, The Palm - Aquaventure - The Leap of Faith, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
- At the Leap of Faith located in the Aquaventure, teams had to slide down the water slide which dropped them six stories down a nearly 90° incline and through a tunnel beneath the aquarium's shark lagoon. At the bottom, teams would receive their next clue from the lifeguard.
- From Atlantis Aquaventure to Gateway Station by the Palm Jumeirah Monorail
- Dubai Creek, Dubai
- Teams had to travel in an abra boat to the Dubai Gold Souk where they would find their next clue.
- Dubai Gold Souk, Dubai
- Karat (Carat): Teams had to make their way to a specific jeweller who would give them a small bag with an address written on it (in Arabic). Once the teams got to the given address, they would receive another bag with their next address. After delivering this bag to the provided address, they would receive their next clue.
- Bære Smart (Smart Carry): Teams had to find a boat going from Dubai to Iran in the Dubai harbour. Once they found the boat, teams had to load ten large bags onto the boat in order to receive their next clue.
- Burj Khalifa – Top entrance, Dubai
- Burj Park, Dubai
Leg 2 – Episode 2 (United Arab Emirates → India)Edit
- Flight from Dubai International Airport, Dubai to Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, India
- From Sarai Kale Khan Inter State Bus Terminal, Dubai to Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Agra Fort, Agra
- Teams had to search for three kings located in different areas of the fort, each king would give the teams a different piece of a puzzle. When teams had the three parts of the puzzle, they had to decipher the message: "Shah Jehan's wife is next to the black throne." Then teams had to search for the woman who would give them their next clue.
- Katara Medical Store, Agra
- Before the Detour, teams had to travel in a Tanga from the Agra Fort to the Katara Medical Store, where the cluebox was located.
- Ull (Wool): teams had to make their way to Jain Carpet Industries, then teams had to carry 50 kilograms of coloured wool to Diamond Carpets and exchange them for their next clue.
- Stein (Stone): teams had to make their way to J.K Cottage Industries and using a special wetgrinder they had to grind small mosaic tiles to make them fit the small square in the middle of a stone circle. This
- Handicap - Kachpura Village
- Teams had to make 50 dung cakes and stack 200 dried dung cakes into a pile.
- For the Handicap, Martha & Elise had to make 75 dung cakes and stack 300 of them into a pile.
- North of the Taj Mahal
- One team member to complete a 120-piece jigsaw puzzle of the Taj Mahal, once they had completed the puzzle they could run to the Pit Stop.
- North of Taj Mahal, across the Yamuna River (Agra)
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (India)Edit
- Popliya Ky Dhany
- On the way to Jaipur, teams had to stop by a roadside village, Popliya Ky Dhany, where they had to make two pieces of an Indian flatbread called “chapati”
- Panna Meena ka Kund, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- One team member had to search among scattered boxes at the Paana Meena Stepwell for a gem which they can use to exchange for their next clue
- Ramdulari Pandey ki Printing Factory, Jaipur
- Teams had to use textile printing that would reveal their next destination. First they had to print a design on the textile, after that, they had to print messages (disguised in a Devanagari-like script), over the design which would instruct them to find the colouring-man who will give them a textile cloth with their next destination printed on it.
- Lal Hathi Mandir, Red Elephant Temple, Jaipur
- Langsomt og Vond (Slow and Painful): Teams had to lie on a bed of nails.
- Kort og Brutalt (Short and Brutal): Teams had to walk across a bed of hot charcoals on fire.
- House No. 7, Jaipur
- Teams had to crush chili before they could receive their next clue.
- Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur
- Cathrine & Michelle won the Express Pass for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (India → Thailand)Edit
- Flight from Jaipur International Airport, Jaipur to Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand
- Floating Market, Bangkok
- Teams had to purchase 1kg, each, of dragon fruits, guavas, longans, monkey-apples, and starfruits before receiving their next clue.
- Aksara Theatre, Bangkok
- Before the Detour, teams had to learn to control a puppet in a play. If they were successful, they would receive their next clue.
- Dandere (Scattered): Teams had to go to the Nang Loeng market and make a Thai garland called a phuang malai.
- Maltraktere (Mangled): Teams had to attempt to break a piece of bamboo using Muay Thai.
- Tha Maharatch, Bangkok
- One team member had to pick their way through a block of ice to get their next clue.
- Democracy Monument, Bangkok
- Teams had to count the number of cannons (75) surrounding the perimeter in order to receive their next clue.
- Gold Mount, Wat Saket, Bangkok
Leg 5 - Episode 5 (Thailand → Vietnam)Edit
- Flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok to Noi Bai International Airport Hanoi, Vietnam
- Lenin Statue on Điện Biên Phủ Road, Hanoi
- Teams had to locate a statue of Lenin in Điện Biên Phủ Road. There, they had to find "Lenin" and give him a coin in exchange for a clue with a photograph of American Senator John McCain in a flight suit. Using the photograph, teams had to figure out the location of the flight suit: Hỏa Lò Prison, popularly known as the Hanoi Hilton.
- Hỏa Lò Prison, Hanoi Hilton, Hanoi
- From Bến xe Yên nghĩa Bus Station, Hanoi to Phố Vác
- Church, Phố Vác
- Bure Fugl (Birdcage): Teams had to make one of a local handicraft of the village, birdcages, before receiving their next clue.
- Plukke Fugl (Pluck Birds): Teams had to boil and pluck four chickens before they receive their next clue.
- Quoc Trieu Restaurant, Le Mat Snake Village
- One team member to prepare and then consume snake wine, made from the snake's blood and bile, and then the snake itself.
- Flag Tower of Hanoi, Hanoi
- Teams had to solve a large five-piece version of the Tower of Hanoi puzzle before checking into the Pit Stop.
- Handicap: For being Handicapped, Bjarne & Vilde had to solve a six-piece version of the puzzle.
Leg 6 - Episode 6 (Vietnam)Edit
- From Hanoi to Huế, Thua Thien, Hue province
- Tomb of Tự Đức, Huế
- Teams needed to search the massive complex for Tự Đức's grave. They would find their clues nearby, hanging out of reach, and needed to figure out how to get them down.
- Tomb of Minh Mạng, Huế
- One team member had to observe an example of a traditional Vietnamese bouquet, then search around the tomb for many flower girls who each had different flowers. They needed to return with exactly the same flowers, as well as the correct amount, and create a perfect replica of the bouquet to get the next clue.
- Tomb of Khải Định, Huế
- Before the Detour, teams had to present the bouquet they made in the Roadblock to get their next clue.
- På Jordet (In the Ground): Teams had to guide a carabao around a muddy course.
- På Bordet (On the Table): Teams had to travel to Trung Tâm Giáo Dục Thường Xuyên Phú Yên and learn how to properly make 50 sticks of Vietnamese incense.
- Quoc Hoc High School, Huế
- Teams received a 30 minute massage.
- After the massage, one team member had to ride a cyclo carrying their partner to the Pit Stop from the high school.
- Huế Citadel, Forbidden City
Leg 7 - Episode 7 (Vietnam → Australia)Edit
- Vân Thông Cave, Marble Mountains, Da Nang
- Teams had to search among the different caves for the one containing the next clue box, Vân Thông.
- Flight from Da Nang International Airport, Da Nang to Sydney Airport, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Port Botany, Port Botany
- Each team member had to construct a wooden pallet. Unbeknownst to them, after constructing the pallets, each team member had to eat a slice of a Vegemite sandwich.
- Coogee Beach, Sydney
- Ball: Teams had to play a game of beach volleyball and score seven points.
- Bikini: Teams had to look for a woman wearing a bikini with an Australian flag, "the Aussie in a Cossie", who would give them their next clue.
- Dunningham Reserve, Sydney
- One team member had to learn Australian slang from the Aussie on a bench (G'day mate! You look like a stunned mullet! I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Have a go, ya mug!). If they had successfully repeated what they learned to a man nearby, they would receive their next clue.
- EastSail - Rushcutters Bay Marina, Sydney
- Each team had to navigate and steer a sailboat to Fort Denison.
- Fort Denison, Sydney
- Teams had to learn three different kinds of knots. After successfully learning the knots, they could run to the Pit Stop
Leg 8 - Episode 8 (Australia)Edit
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney
- Teams started the Leg here instead of the previous Pit Stop, Fort Denison.
- Bondi Beach, Sydney
- Teams had to participate in a lifeguard relay. First, one team member had to paddle a surfboard out to a white marker and back. After that, he or she had to run up a ramp some distance away and back before tagging his or her teammate who would then do the same relay. Once both finished the relay, they received their next clue.
- Roadside at Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountains
- One team member had to transfer two snakes from one box to another box.
- Minni-Ha-Ha Falls, Blue Mountains
- Teams had to complete a puzzle that was missing two pieces that they had to search for before they could finish the puzzle and receive their next clue.
- Braeside Trail, Blue Mountains
- Kort Opp (Slow Up): Teams had to rock climb a cliff.
- Langt Ned (Far Down): Teams had to abseil down a higher cliff.
- Marked Boomerang Area at Blue Mountains
- Each team member had to throw a boomerang that would land back into the circle they were in. If both team members were successful, they would receive their next clue.
- Handicap - Pulpit Rock Lookout, Blue Mountains
- For being Handicapped, Tor Einar & Cathrine had to take a different path toward the Pit Stop to find and retrieve a tiny stuffed toy koala clipped to a metal pole by the host. They then had to return it to the host at the Pit Stop before they could check in.
Leg 9 - Episode 9 (Australia)Edit
- Maroondah Reservoir, Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Teams were brought from the previous Pit Stop at the Blue Mountains and started their Leg here.
- Melbourne SkyDive Centre, Lillydale Airport
- One team member had to sky dive into the Rochford Winery where his or her team member waited.
- Rochford Winery, Coldstream
- Teams had to roll barrels across the vineyard, stack them and serve bottles of wine and food at the Rochford Restaurant before they received their next clue.
- ACDC Lane, City Centre, Melbourne
- Teams had to find a painting of The Scream hidden amongst the graffiti. They were instructed to trade it with an art handler, but were immediately "arrested". They were taken to court where they were "charged" for "stealing the painting" and were then locked up in the Old Melbourne Gaol. In their jail cell, they found a roll of paper with a riddle on it ("The prison guard would shout out twelve, the prisoner responded with 6 and was set free. The prison guard would then shout out six and the prisoner responded with 3 and was set free. The prison guard then shouted out ten and the next prisoner shouted out 5 and was hung" - what should the prisoner have shouted?). If they managed to solve the riddle (3), teams were set free and received their next clue. If they could not solve it, teams had to wait an hour before being set free.
- Old Melbourne Gaol, Melbourne
- Liten Ball (Small Ball): Teams had to go to Scotch College and play a game of tennis and score two points.
- Stor Ball (Big Ball): Teams had to go to Aegis Park and score 3 goals in a rugby course after getting bumped and tackled by a row of players.
- Eureka Tower, Melbourne
- Teams received a clue instructing them to climb all the way to the next Pit Stop on the 88th floor.
- Eureka Skydeck 88, Eureka Tower, Melbourne
Leg 10 - Episode 10 (Australia → Hong Kong)Edit
Leg 11 - Episode 11 (Hong Kong → Macau)Edit
Leg 12 – Episode 12 (Macau → Kazakhstan)Edit
- Flight from Macau International Airport, Macau to Almaty International Airport, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Rahat Chocolate Factory, Almaty
- Teams had to find the next clue hidden inside the wrapper of among 1,500 pieces of chocolate. They had to eat every chocolate they opened while looking for the clue.
- Almaty Sports Centre, Almaty
- Hoppe 300 Meter (Jump 300 Metres): Teams had to jump off diving boards adding up to 300 metres.
- Løfte 10 000 kg (Lift 10,000 kg): Teams had to lift a total of 10 tonnes in a deadlift exercise.
- Beatles statue in Kok Tobe Park, Almaty
- One team member had to search for their next clue hanging among envelopes marked "The Amazing Fake Norge" on several trees while having snowballs thrown at them.
- Luxor Hall, Almaty
- Teams had to throw 15 curling stones into a goal to get their next clue.
- Chimbulak Ski Resort, Almaty
- Teams had to perform a rescue on the slopes before receiving their next clue.
- Green Bazar, Almaty
- Teams had to buy foods that were used in local dishes and had to eat them after the dish was made.
- Panfilov Park, Almaty
Leg 13 - Episode 13 (Kazakhstan → Norway)Edit
- Flight from Almaty International Airport, Almaty to Oslo Airport, Gardermoen, Oslo, Norway
- Oslo City, Oslo
- Teams had to look for a sign with two weather forecasters that would instruct them to go look for them at TV 2's studios.
- TV 2 Studios, Oslo
- Teams had to correctly give out a weather forecast in which one team member would read out a forecast while his/her team member pointed out the cities mentioned on a weather map. If teams incorrectly identify any of the cities, they would be given a map and would have to locate these cities before starting over.
- After visiting the studio of TV 2, teams had to deliver wood to three addresses and assemble an IKEA shelf at the last one.
- Holmenkollen National Arena, Holmenkollen
- One team member had to do a winter biathlon. First they had to ski 1 km in a lap, then they had to do rifle shooting and hit 5 targets. If the team misses a target, they would have to ski 150 metres for each miss. After doing two rounds, teams would receive their next clue.
- Top of the Holmenkollbakken, Holmenkollen National Arena, Holmenkollen
- Teams had to arrange photographs of different items found on the race in chronological order, once they have completed this challenge, the first team to finish may ride a zip line down to the finish line.
- Finish Line: Holmenkollbakken, Holmenkollen
- Has the northernmost Starting Line.
- First season to have the Express Pass as a prize on a leg other than the first.
- Second franchise to have only the Final Three teams to win a leg (after The Amazing Race Asia 2).
- First season to have five non-elimination legs (Kenneth & Hakan were eliminated in Leg 1, but were not eliminated at the pit stop).
- The waterslide challenge in Leg 1 is the exact same challenge used in the sixth leg of the fifteenth season of the American version.
Episodes with English subtitlesEdit
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)