|The Amazing Race Family Edition|
|Distance traveled||11,000 miles (18,000 kms)|
|Starting line||New York City, New York|
|Finish line||Lewiston, New York|
|Filming dates||July 7, 2005 - July 31, 2005|
|Season run||September 27, 2005 - December 13, 2005|
|Number of legs||11|
|Number of teams||10|
|Winning team||Linz Family|
|Runner(s)-up|| Bransen Family|
|Previous Season||The Amazing Race 7|
|Next Season||The Amazing Race 9|
The Amazing Race Family Edition also known as the Family Edition, is the eighth season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race. It premiered on September 27, 2005 and ended on December 13, 2005 on CBS.
|Episode #||Leg #||Title||Air Date||Destination||First Place||Last Place||Finish|| Viewership|
|1||1||"Go, Mommy, Go! We Can Beat Them!"||September 27, 2005||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Godlewski Family||Black Family|| 1st Eliminated|
|2||2||"How Do We Know We Aren't Going to Get Shot?"||October 4, 2005||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Weaver Family||Rogers Family|| 2nd Eliminated|
|3||3||"I Don't Kiss, I Make Out!"||October 11, 2005||Virgina → South Carolina → Alabama||Bransen Family||Aiello Family|| 3rd Eliminated|
|4||4||"Think Like An Office Chair"||October 18, 2005||Alabama → Mississippi → Louisiana||Bransen Family||Schroeder Family|| 4th Eliminated|
|5||5||"We're Getting Out of the Country, Girls"||October 25, 2005||Louisiana → Panama||Paolo Family||Godlewski Family|| Non-Elimination|
|6||6||"I'm Sick of Doing Stuff I Can't Do"||November 1, 2005||Panama → Costa Rica||Paolo Family||Gaghan Family|| 5th Eliminated|
|7||7||"I Don't Roll With The Punches, I Punch"||November 8, 2005||Costa Rica → Arizona||Godlewski Family||Bransen Family|| Non-Elimination|
|8||8||"You Look Ridiculous"||Arizona||Godlewski Family||Paolo Family|| 6th Eliminated|
|9||9||"How's That Face Feel?"||November 22, 2005||Arizona → Utah||Linz Family||Weaver Family|| Non-Elimination|
|10||10||"Don't Talk to Me Like I Was an Animal or Something"||November 29, 2005||Utah → Wyoming → Montana||Bransen Family||Godlewski Family|| Ordered to|
|11||"The Family Christmas Card"||December 6, 2005||Godlewski Family||Paolo Family|| 7th Eliminated|
|12||11||"25 Days, 50 Cities, And More Than 600 Consecutive Hours Together as a Family"||December 13, 2005||Montana → Canada → New York||Bransen Family||Weaver Family|| Ordered to|
|Linz Family||Weaver Family||3rd Place|
|Bransen Family||2nd Place|
This chart shows each teams ranking per leg according to their official check in at the Pit Stop. However, time penalties issued before the start of the next leg due to improperly performed tasks are not reflected here.
|Place||Team||Leg 1||Leg 2||Leg 3||Leg 4||Leg 5||Leg 6||Leg 7||Leg 8||Leg 9||Leg 10||Leg 11||Average|
1: An additional task in Leg 4 was presented to teams as a Roadblock but was aired as a miscellaneous task. This roadblock tally is not included for this leg even though every team was shown having a particular member performing it.
2: Leg 10 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, and shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
3: Leg 11 was also double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks; this leg, however, was shown over a single two-hour episode.
4: The Weaver Family was not shown performing the Roadblock on air, as the Linz and Bransen Families had already crossed the Finish Line. The interview after the race with the family revealed that Rebecca was the team member who did the Roadblock.
5: The Bransen Family won "The Final Amazing Challenge" task shown on the CBS website after the end of the race.
6: The finishes in the first half of the superlegs in Leg 10 and Leg 11 are not counted as part of the average. Only the final finish in the leg is counted toward the average.
- First season not to have a team penalized nor have been told to go back and fix the mistake before checking in.
- Most number of participants in a race: 40 people.
- First time visits to Panama and Costa Rica.
- Linz Family
- Youngest team in the race, 21.5 (Nick & Starr, the youngest in standard format).
- Youngest team to win the race, 21.5 (Nick & Starr, the youngest in standard format).
- First team to come in second-to-last in the first leg and win the race.
- Youngest sibling team, 21.5 (Nick & Starr the youngest in standard format).
- First family team to win the race (Nick & Starr, the first in standard format).
- First team of siblings to win the race (Nick & Starr, the first in standard format).
- Youngest team in the final three, 21.5 (Nick & Starr the youngest in standard format).
- Youngest team to win 2 legs in a career, 21.5
- Highest finish by a male/female team, 1st Place (tied with Flo & Zach, Chip & Kim, Freddy & Kendra, Uchenna & Joyce, Eric & Danielle, TK & Rachel, Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Tamara & Matías, and Charlie & Rachel).
- Youngest team of siblings to win a leg, 21.5 (Nick & Starr the youngest in standard format).
- Highest finish by a team with an age average of over 20, 1st place (tied with Rob & Brennan, Chris & Alex, Flo & Zach, Freddy & Kendra, BJ & Tyler, Tyler & James, Eric & Danielle, TK & Rachel, Nick & Starr, Meghan & Cheyne, Dan & Jordan, Zabrina & Joe Jer, and Charlie & Rachel).
- Weaver Family
- Only team to have three team members under 20 years of age.
- Rolly, age 14 is the youngest to complete 6 Roadblocks, and the youngest contestant to be in the final three (Jacob of Constantine & Jacob and Romi of Romi & Coral are the youngest contestants to be made it in the final three in standard format).
- Godlewski Family
- Highest average placing female team who came in 4th, 3.1
- Most legs won by a female team who came in 4th, 3 legs.
- Highest average placing team who were the 7th team to be eliminated, 3.1
- Lowest average placing team who came in 4th with 3 legs won in a season, 3.1
- Most legs won by a team who were the 7th team to be eliminated, 3 legs.
- Most legs won by a team of sisters, 3 legs.
- Oldest team of sisters to win a leg, 36.
- Highest average placing team of sisters, 3.1
- Only female team with three legs won in a season.
- Oldest female team to win a leg and come in 4th, 36.
- Paolo Family
- Gaghan Family
- Carissa, age 9, the youngest contestant to make it to the midpoint of the race (tied with Adele of Tom & Adele, Jacob of Constantine & Jacob and Romi of Romi & Coral in standard format).
- Billy, age 12, the youngest contestant to perform a Roadblock.
- Youngest male/female team to finish in 6th place without winning any leg, 25.75
- Schroeder Family
- The first and so far, only team ever to be eliminated in their hometown.
- Highest average placing team who came in 7th without winning any leg, 4.75
- Aiello Family
- First family team that are not blood-related.
- Lowest average placing male team who came in 8th, 7 (tied with Tom & Terry).
- Youngest team to be the oldest team in a season, 36.25
- One of only two male teams who came in 8th without winning any leg.
- Youngest male team to finish in 8th place without winning any leg.
- Black Family
- Least number of countries visited, 4.
- Click here for this season's Greeters
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27)