The Amazing Race Asia 2 is the second season of the reality television game show The Amazing Race Asia. The show will feature ten teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world to win US$100,000. Allan Wu reprised his role as the host.
This season premiered November 22, 2007.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Adrian & Collin||Gym Buddies||7th||5th||2nd||2nd||3rd/2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd||1st6||1stƒ||2nd||1st||5-6|
|Vanessa & Pamela||Sisters||1st||4th||7th||6th||7th/4th||3rd||5th||4th||3rd6||3rd||3rd||2nd||6-6|
|Rovilson & Marc||Best Buddies||2nd||1st||1st||1st||2nd/1st||1st||1st||1st||2nd||2nd>||1st||3rd||6-6|
|Ann & Diane||Dancing Mums||3rd||3rd||3rd||4th||1st/6th||4th||3rd||3rd||4th||4th<||4th||Eliminated 7th||6-5|
|Paula & Natasha||Childhood Friends||6th||2nd||4th||3th||4th/5th||5th||4th||5th||5th||5th1||Eliminated 6th||5-5|
|Terri & Henry||Married 13 Years||9th||9th||5th||7th||6th/3rd>5||6th||6th||6th1||Eliminated 5th||3-5|
|Daichi & Sawaka||Brother/Sister||8th||8th||6th||5th||5th/7th||Eliminated 4th||3-2|
|Sophie & Aurelia||Ex-Housemates||5th||7th||8th||8th3||Eliminated 3rd||1-1|
|Brett & Kinaryosih||Dating Two Years||4th||6th||9th2||Eliminated 2nd||1-1|
|Edwin & Monica||Dating Ten Years||10th||10th1||Eliminated 1st||1-0|
Note 1: Edwin & Monica, Terri & Henry and Paula & Natasha had been respectively Marked for Elimination. However, Since the teams checked-in last, each teams were eliminated without issuing the 30-minute penalty.
Note 2: Brett & Kinaryosih were unable to complete the Detour on Leg 3, since they arrived at the North Shore Rowing Club after business hours - they backed out of the Wall Detour. All remaining teams had checked in, so they were told to go straight to the Pit Stop, where they were eliminated.
Note 3: Sophie & Aurelia were unable to complete both the Roadblock and Detour since they arrived at Okere Falls after closing down for the day. After all teams had checked in, Allan came to the location (Okere Falls) and eliminated them.
Note 4: Leg 5 was double-length leg with two Detours and two Roadblocks shown over two episodes. The Yield appeared before the second Detour.
Note 5: Terri & Henry used their Yield power on Marc & Rovilson who were ahead of them. Because of this, the Yield had no effect.
Note 6: Adrian & Collin and Vanessa & Pamela initially arrived in 1st and 3rd, respectively, but they did not park their vehicles at the designated parking zones and entered through the wrong gates. They had to backtrack and correct those mistakes, but this did not ultimately affect either of the teams' placements.
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Legs and EpisodesEdit
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (Singapore → Philippines)Edit
- Starting Line: Near Singapore River - Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Teams received a postcard that depicts one of Singapore's many national icons. Teams had to search for a specific taxi cab with the souvenir from their postcard and that taxi driver would hand them their next clue.
- Mount Faber - Merlion Statue, Singapore
- Teams picked up a Nokia N95 phone and used its GPS system to guide their Taxi Driver to their next location, Suntec City.
- Suntec City, Singapore
- Dare: Teams had to take an elevator to the top (45-storey) of the Suntec Tower 3 and then use a rope-and-pulley system to traverse across to the adjacent Tower 4 while suspended 181 m (594 ft) above the ground.
- Stair: Teams had to climb up 45 floors to the rooftop of Tower 3 and then descend and head to Tower 4 and again climb up 45 floors before receiving their next clue.
- Flight from Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore to Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, Philippines
- ASEAN Promenade Park - CCP Complex, Manila
- Plaza Miranda, Quiapo, Manila
- Teams had to eat 8 baluts from an egg-seller's store before receiving their next clue from the egg seller.
- Fort Santiago, Manila
- Vanessa & Pamela won Nokia N95 and N73 mobile phones, one for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (Philippines)Edit
- From Green Star Bus Terminal, Pasay City to Pila Municipal Center, Pila, Laguna
- Rice Paddy Field on Rivera Street, Pila
- One team member had to choose a carabao and then lead it around a muddy field in a Rice Paddy Field on Rivera Street to plough it in a figure 8 direction. Their path is clearly marked by posts and race flags and teams have to lead their carabao back to where they started in the correct direction to receive their next clue. Teams are taught beforehand on some of the common vocal commands they may give to help control their carabao. If teams need help, they may ask for it, but will have to return to the starting line again.
- From Rice Paddy Field on Rivera Street, Pila to Caltex Star-Mart, Ermita, Manila
- Caltex Star-Mart, Ermita, Manila
- Teams loaded 4 boxes of donation items into a jeepney. Teams had to ride in the jeepney to deliver the donation boxes to an orphanage in Ermita Shrine before receiving their next clue.
- Nuestra Señora de Guia Children's Center and Livelihood Program in Ermita Church, Ermita, Manila
- Carriedo LRT Station, Santa Cruz, Manila
- Heel: Teams have to match 250 pairs of shoes from a messy pile.
- Wheel: Teams choose one of the work stations and fully assemble a bicycle with just the equipment and parts provided.
- Paco Park, Paco, Manila
- Marc & Rovilson won $5,000 Credit Card issued by Standard Chartered Bank for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (Philippines → Hong Kong → New Zealand)Edit
- Flight from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila to Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong, China
- Central Piers, Central
- Standard Chartered Bank building, Causeway Bay
- Teams had to count the Hong Kong currency on their tables which included a large pile of notes and also a large stack of coins and will only receive their clue once they state the correct amount to the staff. Correct count was HK$135,023.70.
- Flight from Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong to Auckland Airport, Auckland, New Zealand
- Howick Historical Village, Manukau City
- Teams had to use a Sony Cybershot digital camera to take a picture of three objects representing three different persons in New Zealand culture. Once they're done, they had to proceed to the Howick Courthouse to receive their next clue.
- Auckland Harbour Bridge, Auckland
- One team member had to perform a bungee jump of 40 metres (131 ft) from the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
- Birkenhead War Memorial Leisure Centre, Auckland/Lake Pupuke, North Shore City, North Shore Island
- Wall: Teams had to head to the Birkenhead War Memorial Leisure Centre where each team member had to climb the rock wall once to retrieve one flag each. Then, either of the team member must climb the wall again to grab their next clue.
- Waka: Teams had to go to Lake Pupuke and paddle a traditional waka boat around the lake to collect three flags and then return back to receive their next clue.
- Ascension Vineyard Matakana, Matakana
- Spookers Haunted House, Karaka
- Teams had to enter the Old Nurses' Hostel, rumored to be haunted and filled with scary characters, and complete the walk through the haunted house to receive their next clue.
- Spookers Haunted House - Forest of Fear, Karaka
- Marc & Rovilson won a one year's supply of fuel sponsored by Caltex for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (New Zealand)Edit
- Caltex gas station, Tirau, Waikato
- Teams had to stop by the Caltex gas station and refuel their cars on their way to Rotorua. Teams had to pay for their fuel using a special Caltex card before receiving their next clue from the cashier.
- Okere Falls Scenic Reserve, Rotorua
- Teams had to perform white water sledging in the cold rapids to receive their next clue.
- Lake Tikitapu, Rotorua
- Teams had to drive Agrojet Boats, which are 450-horsepower jetboats. One team member had to navigate around buoys on the lake while the other team member instructed them. Teams who managed to complete their task would receive their next clue. If they are unsuccessful, they will have to re-attempt the challenge.
- Hell's Gate mud bath, Rotorua
- One team member had to enter the Hell's Gate mud bath which contains sulphur pools at temperatures of 40 °C (104 °F). Once inside, teams had to search for a stick to trade for their next clue.
- Te Puia, Rotorua
- Flax: Teams had to weave traditional Māori headbands called a tipare out of flax plants and seek approval from the demonstrators of their handicraft before receiving their next clue.
- Sticks: Teams had to master a traditional Māori stick game called the titi torea in which teams had to pass specially carved sticks to each other with a particular rhythm. If teams dropped the sticks, they had to redo the task.
- Whakarewarewa – Pohutu Geyser, Rotorua
- Marc & Rovilson won a Sony Handycam SR7 for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 5 - Episodes 5 & 6 (New Zealand → Japan → South Korea)Edit
- Flight from Auckland Airport, Auckland to Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan
- From Narita International Airport Terminal 2 Station to Tōkyō Station, Tokyo
- Shiba Park, Minato, Tokyo
- Sony Building, Ginza, Tokyo
- Teams had to convince locals to sing a traditional Japanese folk song called "Sakura." While one team member sings along with the local, the other records this on a Sony HD Handycam.
- Shibuya Mark City, Shibuya, Tokyo
- Before the Detour, teams had to use a picture on their Sony Cybershot digital camera as reference to find a cosplaying girl to receive their next clue.
- You Catch It: Teams had to participate in the traditional game of goldfish scooping, using paddles made of rice paper (which disintegrates very easily when immersed in water) to scoop up 40 goldfish with paddles.
- You Cart It: Teams had to locate a dry cleaner's store and collect a yukata which they had to deliver to a certain address.
- Icebar Tokyo, Ginza, Tokyo
- One team member had to decipher an ice block puzzle. The answer would be the name of one of the biggest cities in Japan. Once the team member has figured out the answer (Fukuoka), the personnel will hand them their next clue.
- From Shinagawa Station, Shinagawa, Tokyo to Hakata Station, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture
- →→ International Congress Center, Fukuoka
- From Hakata Port Ferry Terminal, Fukuoka to Busan Harbour Pier 1, Busan, South Korea
- Jongro Academy, Busan
- Each team member had to use taekwondo techniques to break three boards by kicking them before receiving their next clue from the taekwondo master.
- Jagalchi Market, Busan
- Terri & Henry tried to Yield Marc & Rovilson, who were actually ahead of them. Because of this, the Yield had no effect.
- Slither: Teams had to proceed to the Jagalchi Fish Market where they will have to find a marked fish tank filled with octopus. Each team member must retrieve one 100-year old Korean coin (token) from the bottom of the tank before receiving their next clue.
- Deliver: Teams had to deliver six meals to three different addresses, some of the deliveries in which might have an ambiguous location.
- Nurimaru APEC House, Busan
- Yongdusan Park, Jung-gu, Busan
- Teams proceeded to Yongdusan Park and look for a gatekeeper. Then one team member must then use the key given to search and open one of the locks before the gatekeeper will hand them their next clue. Teams will have to start over if they break their key.
- Beomeosa Temple, Busan
- Marc & Rovilson came 1st in this leg but no prize was given to them.
Leg 6 - Episode 7 (South Korea)Edit
- Seoil Farm, Anseong, Gyeonggi
- One team member had to search under the lids of 1,500 soybean jars until they find one which contains their next clue. One of the jars will contain the clue plus a US$50 bonus from Standard Chartered, which Adrian & Collin won. In this Detour, teams had to choose between Too Ho and Too Heavy.
- Woncheon Resort, Suwon
- Teams had to search among many swan boats for a marked one in which they had to paddle to an offshore buoy to retrieve their next clue.
- Korean Folk Village, Yongin
- Too Ho: Teams had to play a traditional Korean game where they have to throw three bamboo stickets into a cylinder 4.5 metres (15 ft) away.
- Too Heavy: Teams had to deliver 30 logs in a traditional carrying device and deliver it to a woman somewhere inside the village before receiving their next clue.
- Peace Plaza - Olympic Park, Seoul
- Just like the previous leg, Marc & Rovilson came 1st in this leg but no prize was given to them.
Leg 7 - Episode 8 (South Korea → Germany → Czech Republic)Edit
- Flight from Incheon International Airport, Incheon to Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
- Old Opera House, Frankfurt
- From Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof Station, Frankfurt to Praha hlavní nádraží, Prague, Czech Republic
- Charles Bridge - Statue of St. Vitus
- Teams had to search the Charles Bridge for a statue with a hole where their next clue is located.
- Little Shop at Karlova Street building number 3, Prague
- Kinský Palace - Old Town Square, Prague
- One team member had to don a full suit of knight armour and then walk around to look for a "damsel in distress", who is standing on a balcony facing the Prince's Hotel. Once teams find her, they have to tie the key to a rope which the "damsel" would exchange for their next clue.
- From Praha hlavní nádraží, Prague to Beroun Train Station, Beroun, Central Bohemian Region
- Town Square, Beroun
- Teams had to search among several people with Nokia N95 mobile phones for the one which has their team's picture. Then, they will have to view a video from home by their loved ones before being given their next clue.
- Bow: Each team member had to hit a coloured red-and-yellow target using a traditional crossbow.
- Blow: Teams had to travel to Rückl Crystal and use mechanical tools to cut a star-design on a number of glass bottoms.
- Karlštejn Castle, Karlštejn, Beroun
- Marc & Rovilson won $5,000 Credit Card issued by Standard Chartered Bank for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 8 - Episode 9 (Czech Republic)Edit
- From Beroun Train Station, Beroun to Praha hlavní nádraží, Prague
- Petřín Hill Observation Tower, Prague
- Teams had to count the number of steps leading to the top of the tower. They wrote their answers on a board and if they were correct (299), the personnel would hand them their clue.
- Střelecký Island, Vltava River, Prague
- Teams had to row a boat 140 degrees southwest using a compass to receive their clue.
- Prague Castle, Prague
- Ice Arena Letňany, Prague
- Before the Detour, the intersected teams had to score 12 goals in order for them to get their next clue.
- Snap: Teams had to take photos of three historic monuments (Statue of St. Wenceslas in Wenceslas Square, Lenin Statue in Museum of Communism, and Estates Theatre) in Prague and submit the photographs as evidence before the personnel positioned in front of the Statue of Josef Mánes would hand them their next clue.
- Roll: Teams had to locate Hostinec U Váhy and collect two 50-litre (13 gallons) beer kegs and roll it to the Admiral Botel.
- After the Detour, teams were no longer intersected.
- Plavecký Stadion Podolí, Prague
- One team member had to climb up to a ten-metre high diving board and jump off it into the pool below to receive their next clue.
- Vrtbovska Garden, Prague
- Marc & Rovilson won a Sony Handycam SR7 for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 9 - Episode 10 (Czech Republic → Hungary)Edit
- From Praha hlavní nádraží, Prague to Budapest Keleti pályaudvar, Budapest, Közép-Magyarország, Hungary
- Batthyány Square, Budapest
- Magyar Farm, Szentendre, Pest County
- Pitch: Teams had to load a large pile of hay into a donkey cart and then go for a ride as a local drives the cart to a nearby farm.
- Pull: Teams had to milk a goat and obtain 200ml (7 oz) of milk. Then, they had to place the goat in a pen and secure it before receiving their next clue.
- Extreme Canopy, Visegrád
- One team member had to experience several legs of flying fox obstacles while adding up several numbers found around the course which would add up to 1,000. Team members that do not get the correct number will have to restart the task and if there are other teams present, will be sent to the back of the line and have to wait their turn till the other teams in front of them are done or have to restart as well.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to identify the landmark printed on the 1,000 Ft note, the Hercules Fountain, then make their way to the fountain itself, which was in the Royal Palace.
- Hercules Fountain in Royal Palace, Visegrád
- Solomon Tower, Visegrád
- Adrian & Collin won Nokia N95 and N73 mobile phones, for each of them for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 10 - Episode 11 (Hungary)Edit
- Little Princess statue, Budapest
- Elizabeth Bridge, Budapest
- Teams had to count the number of fence posts on Erzsébet Bridge and then with the number obtained, use it to open a safe with the 4-digit figure of fence posts (the correct digit was 2-3-7-7). The first team to open the safe won the Fast Forward award.
- Buda Castle, Budapest
- One team member had to take a lantern and search through the dark and confusing labyrinth of tunnels in Buda Castle to search for several chests. However, only one of these contained the team's next clue.
- Margaret Island, Budapest
- Teams had to travel by pedicab across the island and search for St. Margaret's resting place. There, they had to retrieve a rabbit soft toy, a symbol of the island, and return it to the person standing at where teams had first mounted the pedicab.
- Heroes' Square, Budapest
- Marc & Rovilson Yielded Ann & Diane.
- Say It: Teams had to correctly pronounce (in full local accent) the names of 14 prominent Hungarian rulers, a potential tongue twister.
- Play It: Teams had to solve a Rubik's Cube (a Hungarian invention) but were given the option to solve one side by one side (to get the same colour on each side) for all six sides, alternating between team members.
- Gellért Hill - Freedom Monument, Budapest
- Adrian & Collin came 1st in this leg but no prize was given to them.
Leg 11 - Episode 12 (Hungary → South Africa)Edit
- Flight from Budapest Ferihegy International Airport, Budapest to Cape Town International Airport, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Signal Hill, Cape Town
- Teams had to search for the correct clue box, among many, containing their next clue.
- Killarney Motor Racing Complex, Cape Town
- One team member must race eight laps around the Killarney racing circuit on a 450 horsepower (340 kW) open-wheel race car. After four laps, they must enter the pit area for a mandatory tune-up. If the team members entered it within seven minutes he/she could immediately exit and complete the task; otherwise, a five-minute time penalty would be incurred.
- Intyatyambo Community Project, Khayelitsha, Cape Town
- Teams had to collect painting supplies from a Standard Chartered vehicle in Khayelitsha and proceed to paint a marked section of the Intyatyambo Community Centre. Teams then had to deliver a R34,500 (about US$5,000) cheque, courtesy of Standard Chartered, to the caregivers of the daycare centre.
- Aquila Park Game Reserve, Touws River
- Before the Detour, teams each must then pick up their next clue from inside a cheetah enclosure.
- In One End: Teams must prepare 100 kg (220 lbs) of food and feed them to the elephants. Only after the elephants finish the entire meal could teams collect their next clue.
- Out The Other: Teams must clear the elephant stalls of dung onto a marked area, using only the tools provided.
- Marc & Rovilson won a safari trip to South Africa, courtesy of Caltex for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 12 - Episode 13 (South Africa → Singapore)Edit
- District Six Museum, Cape Town
- Before the Detour, teams must search for a Sony VAIO laptop and enter the name of a street of District Six which was used as password. When the correct street was entered, the next clue would direct them to read one paragraph from a designated marker before receiving their next clue.
- Search: Teams had to go The Scratch Patch and search amongst thousands of semi-precious gemstones for the three race stones which were yellow in colour and marked with a red dot. They will trade these three stones for their next clue.
- Assemble (presented as "Sound" in the teams' clue): Teams had to go to Waterfront Craft Market and watch a demonstration on how to assemble a wire-frame radio. Once teams had successfully put together a working radio using the tools provided, they would receive their next clue.
- FC Kapstadt soccer pitch next to Green Point Stadium, Cape Town
- Teams had to travel to the main venue of the 2010 FIFA World Cup and attempt to score three goals against a goal keeper.
- Atlantis Dunes, Atlantis
- Teams had to ride quad bikes and travel along a marked course and search for their next clue hidden along the track, with 18 marked areas with a bucket. Underneath one bucket is the teams' next clue while underneath the rest is an hourglass teams have to overturn and wait for the sand to run out before they can continue on.
- Cape Point, Cape Town
- After taking the funicular up to the summit, teams had to guess which was the next and final country they will be flying to - Singapore, to receive the next clue.
- Flight from Cape Town International Airport, Cape Town to Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore
- Near Singapore River - Raffles' Landing Site, Singapore
- Sentosa - Tanjong Beach, Singapore
- One team member had to grab flags from the ten different countries they visited on the Race and arrange them in the order that they visited them. Once teams got the correct order of correct flags, they may retrieve the final clue.
- Finish Line: Chinese Garden - Rainbow Bridge, Singapore
- Adrian & Collin won US$100,000 for placing 1st in this leg.
- Adrian is the first hearing – impaired contestant in The Amazing Race's history.
- The only teams who have won a leg this season (Pamela & Vanessa, Adrian & Collin, Marc & Rovilson) were, coincidentally, the final three.
- For the first time, the final three didn't have at least one M/F team, consisting of two M/M teams and a F/F team
- Most consistent finish in any TAR edition ever: Marc & Rovilson. They placed first in 8 out of 12 legs and being 1st place 7 legs in a row.
- First season in the Asian version to visit Europe and Africa
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)