|The Amazing Race Asia 2|
|Distance traveled||51,534 kilometres (32,022 mi)|
|Starting line||Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore|
|Finish line||Chinese Garden, Singapore|
|Filming dates||July 2007|
|Season run||November 22, 2007 - February 14, 2008|
|Number of legs||12|
|Number of teams||10|
|Winning team||Adrian & Collin|
|Runner(s)-up|| Pamela & Vanessa|
Marc & Rovilson
|Previous Season||The Amazing Race Asia 1|
|Next Season||The Amazing Race Asia 3|
The Amazing Race Asia 2 is the second season of the reality television game show The Amazing Race Asia. The show featured ten teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world to win US$100,000. Allan Wu reprised his role as the host.
|Episode||Air Date||Leg||Destination||First Place||Last Place||Finish|| Viewership|
|1||"I'm A Box of Chocolate"||November 22, 2007||1||Singapore → The Philippines||Vanessa & Pamela||Edwin & Monica|| Non-Elimination|
|2||"This Is The Fun Bus"||November 29, 2007||2||The Philippines||Marc & Rovilson||Edwin & Monica|| 1st Eliminated|
|3||"I Don't Think I Wanna Be Rich"||December 6, 2007||3||The Philippines → Hong Kong → New Zealand||Marc & Rovilson||Brett & Kinaryosih|| 2nd Eliminated|
|4||"It's A Really Tough Way To End"||December 13, 2007||4||New Zealand||Marc & Rovilson||Sophie & Aurelia|| 3rd Eliminated|
|5||"Sometimes It's Right In Your Face"||December 20, 2007||5||New Zealand → Japan → South Korea||Ann & Diane||Vanessa & Pamela|| Ordered to|
|6||"We Choose To Yield Magnum P.I."||December 27, 2007||Marc & Rovilson||Daichi & Sawaka|| 4th Eliminated|
|7||"Did That Hit Your Head?"||January 3, 2008||6||South Korea||Marc & Rovilson||Terri & Henry|| Non-Elimination|
|8||"Can You Send Them To Spain"||January 10, 2008||7||South Korea → Germany → Czech Republic||Marc & Rovilson||Terri & Henry|| Non-Elimination|
|9||"So We're Going To The Pit Stop?"||January 17, 2008||8||Czech Republic||Marc & Rovilson||Terri & Henry|| 5th Eliminated|
|10||"Apparently Driving Like A Looney Over Here Is Fine For Them"||January 24, 2008||9||Czech Republic → Hungary||Adrian & Collin||Paula & Natasha|| Non-Elimination|
|11||"This Is Embarrassing, There's A Guy Running Faster Than Us"||January 31, 2008||10||Hungary||Adrian & Collin||Paula & Natasha|| 6th Eliminated|
|12||"I Haven't Seen So Much Dung In My Life"||February 7, 2008||11||Hungary → South Africa||Marc & Rovilson||Ann & Diane|| 7th Eliminated|
|13||"This Is Such An Amazing, Amazing Experience That No One Should Miss"||February 14, 2007||12||South Africa → Singapore||Adrian & Collin||Marc & Rovilson||3rd Place|
|Vanessa & Pamela||2nd Place|
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Place||Team||Leg 1||Leg 2||Leg 3||Leg 4||Leg 5||Leg 6||Leg 7||Leg 8||Leg 9||Leg 10||Leg 11||Leg 12||Average|
|1||Adrian & Collin||7||5||2||2||3||2||2||2||2^||1||1►||2||1||2.42||5-6|
|2||Vanessa & Pamela||1||4||7||6||7||4||3||5||4~||3||3||3||2||3.50||6-6|
|3||Marc & Rovilson||2||1||1||1||2||1||1||1||1^||2||2>||1||3||1.58||6-6|
|4||Ann & Diane||3||3||3||4||1||6||4||3||3~||4||4<||4||3.73||6-5|
|5||Paula & Natasha||6||2||4||3||4||5||5||4||5+||5||5||4.40||5-5|
|6||Terri & Henry||9||9||5||7||6||3>||6||6||6+||6.38||3-5|
|7||Daichi & Sawaka||8||8||6||5||5||7||6.80||3-2|
|8||Sophie & Aurelia||5||7||8||8||7.00||1-1|
|9||Brett & Kinaryosih||4||6||9||6.33||1-1|
|10||Edwin & Monica||10||10||10.00||1-0|
1: Edwin & Monica had been marked for elimination. However, since they checked-in last, they were eliminated without the 30-minute penalty being issued.
2: Brett & Kinaryosih were unable to complete the Detour on Leg 3, since they arrived at the North Shore Rowing Club after business hours - they backed out of the Wall Detour. All remaining teams had checked in, so they were told to go straight to the Pit Stop, where they were eliminated.
3: Sophie & Aurelia were unable to complete both the Roadblock and Detour since they arrived at Okere Falls after closing down for the day. After all teams had checked in, Allan came to the location (Okere Falls) and eliminated them.
4: Leg 5 is a double-length leg with two Roadblocks and two Detours, shown over two episodes.
5: Terri & Henry used their Yield power on Marc & Rovilson who were ahead of them, thus the Yield had no effect.
6: For unknown reasons on the subsequent Leg, the starting placements of Paula & Natasha and Ann & Diane were switched, resulting in Paula & Natasha starting in 4th place and Ann & Diane starting in 5th.
7: Terri & Henry had been marked for elimination. However, since they checked-in last, they were eliminated without the 30-minute penalty being issued.
8: Adrian & Collin and Vanessa & Pamela initially arrived in 1st and 3rd, respectively, but they did not park their vehicles at the designated parking zones and entered through the wrong gates. They had to backtrack and correct those mistakes, but this did not ultimately affect either of the teams' placements.
9: Paula & Natasha had been marked for elimination. However, since they checked-in last, they were eliminated without the 30-minute penalty being issued.
- First season to visit Czech Republic.
- First time to have a team representing Japan.
- Second season to have more than three all-female teams.
- First English-speaking season to have four all-female teams.
- Third season to have two co-ed teams be eliminated first.
- First season to use two different penalties (on separate legs) for the last team to arrive at the non-elimination leg.
- First season that a co-ed team did not win a leg.
- First season to have three all-female teams finish in the top five.
- Last season that had thirteen separate episodes.
- First season to visit Philippines, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Hungary, and South Africa.
- First time to visit the continents of Europe and Africa.
- Only season to visit these two continents.
- Only season to travel to more than two continents.
- Most number of countries visited, 10.
- First time that teams from Japan were allowed to participate.
- First season to have back to back non-elimination legs.
- First season to implement the non-elimination penalty for the last team to arrive at the non-elimination leg was Marked for Elimination where the team must arrive at the next Pit Stop in first place. Otherwise they would receive a 30-minute penalty before they can checked in.
- First season to have the Intersection where one team pairs up with one other team to perform all tasks together until further notice.
- Least amount female contestants in the final three, 2.
- NFV news (10/01/2007): "Amazing teams - TV hosts, ex-US G.I. and wife make up RP teams"
- Jerry Donato at Phil Star (11/21/2007): "On your mark, let's race... go
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
|United States|| 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ·|
16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27 ·
28 · 29 · 30
|Asia||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|Australia||1 · 2 · 3|
|Canada||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|China||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|China Rush||1 · 2 · 3|
|Israel||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6|
|Latin America||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6|
|Norway||1 · 2|
|The Philippines||1 · 2|
|Vietnam||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|