|The Amazing Race 6|
|Distance traveled||40,000 miles (64,000 km)|
|Starting line||Buckingham Fountain, Chicago, Illinois|
|Finish line||Ping Tom Memorial Park, Chicago, Illinois|
|Filming dates||August 13, 2004 - September 12, 2004|
|Season run||November 16, 2004 - February 8, 2005|
|Number of legs||12|
|Number of teams||11|
|Winning team||Freddy & Kendra|
|Runner(s)-up|| Kris & Jon|
Adam & Rebecca
|Previous Season||The Amazing Race 5|
|Next Season||The Amazing Race 7|
The Amazing Race 6 is the sixth season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race. It premiered on November 16, 2004 and ended on February 5, 2005 on CBS.
The next 11 teams ready to globe-trot the world are at the starting gate awaiting the official start of the sixth edition of the Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE .
|Episode #||Leg #||Title||Air Date||Destination||First Place||Last Place||Finish|| Viewership|
|1||1||"The Game's Afoot"||November 16, 2004||United States → Iceland||Hayden & Aaron||Avi & Joe|| 1st Eliminated|
|2||2||"I'm Not His Wife, He Doesn't Need to Scream At Me"||November 23, 2004||Iceland → Norway||Kris & Jon||Meredith & Maria|| 2nd Eliminated|
|3||3||"Counting Bears Is Not Rocket Science"||November 30, 2004||Norway → Sweden||Hayden & Aaron||Lena & Kristy|| 3rd Eliminated|
|4||4||"What If It Isn't Sanitary"||December 7, 2004||Sweden → Senegal||Kris & Jon||Don & Mary Jean|| Non-Elimination|
|5||5||"Quit Following Us"||December 14, 2004||Senegal → Germany||Freddy & Kendra||Don & Mary Jean|| 4th Eliminated|
|6||6||"They Should Probably Have Some Counseling"||December 21, 2004||Germany → Hungary||Freddy & Kendra||Lori & Bolo|| Ordered to|
|7||None||"Phil Is A Choo-Choo Charlie"||December 28, 2004||Recap Episode|
|8||6||"One of You, I'm Gonna Break in Half"||January 4, 2005||Hungary||Lori & Bolo||Gus & Hera|| 5th Eliminated|
|9||7||"Tell My Mom I Love Her"||January 11, 2005||Hungary → France||Adam & Rebecca||Hayden & Aaron|| Non-Elimination|
|10||8||"Are There Instructions On Donkey Handling?"||January 18, 2005||France → Ethiopia||Hayden & Aaron||Jonathan & Victoria|| 6th Eliminated|
|11||9||"It Always Comes Down to Details"||January 25, 2005||Ethiopia → Sri Lanka||Kris & Jon||Lori & Bolo|| 7th Eliminated|
|12||10||"You Deal with This Before I Hyperventilate"||February 1, 2005||Sri Lanka → China||Hayden & Aaron||Adam & Rebecca|| Non-Elimination|
|13||11||"4 Continents, 24 Cities, 40,000 Miles"||February 8, 2005||China||Kris & Jon||Hayden & Aaron|| 8th Eliminated|
|12||China → United States||Freddy & Kendra||Adam & Rebecca||3rd Place|
|Kris & Jon||2nd Place|
This chart shows each teams ranking per leg according to their official check in at the Pit Stop. However, time penalties issued before the start of the next leg due to improperly performed tasks are not reflected here.
|Place||Team||Leg 1||Leg 2||Leg 3||Leg 4||Leg 5||Leg 6||Leg 7||Leg 8||Leg 9||Leg 10||Leg 11||Leg 12||Average|
|1||Freddy & Kendra||4||8||6||5||1||1||6||2||4<||3||2>||2||1||3.50||6-6|
|2||Kris & Jon||2||1||2||1||4||5||2||4||3||1||3||1||2||2.17||6-6|
|3||Adam & Rebecca||7||6||5||6||6||6||5||1►||5>||4||4<||3||3||4.58||6-5|
|4||Hayden & Aaron||1||4||1||4||3||4||4||6||1||2||1||4||2.81||5-6|
|5||Lori & Bolo||6||5||7||3||7||7||1►||3||2||5||4.33||5-3|
|6||Jonathan & Victoria||5||2||4||2||2||3||3||5||6||3.63||4-4|
|7||Gus & Hera||10||3||3||7||5||2||7||5.83||3-3|
|8||Don & Mary Jean||9||7||8||8||8||8.00||2-2|
|9||Lena & Kristy||3||9||9||7.00||1-1|
|10||Meredith & Maria||8||10||9.00||0-1|
|11||Avi & Joe||11||11.00||0-0|
1: Freddy & Kendra initially arrived 6th, but they were issued a 30-minute penalty for taking an extra clue after the Viking ship task, stated to take only one clue from the cluebox per each team. Adam & Rebecca and Don & Mary Jean checked in during their penalty time, dropping them to 8th.
2: Don & Mary Jean had arrived in 7th place in Leg 2, but they mistakenly drove the car that belonged to Adam & Rebecca. They left in 8th place at the beginning of Leg 3 after they were issued a 30-minute penalty, while Freddy & Kendra now departed in 7th place.
3: Lena & Kristy failed to complete the Roadblock in Leg 3. After more than 2 hours passed since the last team checked in at the mat and over 10 hours of searching, Phil came out to the Roadblock location and eliminated them.
4: Leg 6 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point. The leg's Fast Forward was offered after the halfway mark, and thus permitted Lori & Bolo to skip only the second set of challenges.
5: Hayden & Aaron initially arrived 3rd, just ahead of Adam & Rebecca, but were issued a 4-hour penalty for quitting the Roadblock. Both Rebecca and Hayden almost had to quit the Roadblock because the last gondola down the mountain was about to leave; however, at the time Rebecca opened her lock and successfully completed the Roadblock, they checked in during the penalty time, thereby dropping Hayden & Aaron to last place; which resulted in their elimination.
6: The finishes in the first half of the superleg in Leg 6 are not counted as part of the average. Only the final finish in the leg is counted toward the average.
- At the mat following their elimination in leg 11, Aaron proposed to Hayden in marriage, and she accepted.
- Maria having difficulties driving a stick in Leg 2.
- Adam furious at Rebecca for telling him to take off his sunglasses when he accidentally left them on the Viking boat.
- Don & Mary Jean mistakenly took Adam & Rebecca's car.
- Lena spending 8 hours at the Roadblock pushing over 100 hay bales without finding the clue.
- Jonathan & Victoria missed 1st place in Leg 5 when Victoria picked up Jonathan's backpack fearing it would be stolen, sending Jonathan into a rage by shoving her.
- Jonathan & Victoria misread their clue in Leg 8 taking only one donkey when they should've taken two.
- Lori & Bolo overlooking additional details at the Roadblock in Leg 9.
- First time visits to Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Hungary, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and Senegal.
- First season to have the Double-Length Leg.
- Introduced by accident as Leg 6 in Hungary was originally planned to be a Non-Elimination Leg and the last arrive would be stripped of their accumulated money. However, producers learned that begging is illegal in Hungary, which would have made it almost impossible to collect any money. To avoid this, they instead combined this leg with Leg 7.
- Lowest number of all-male teams, 1 (tied with Seasons 5 and 12).
- First season to have winning prizes on every leg.
- First introduction of the Roadblock limit wherein each team member may not perform more than 6 Roadblocks.
- First time that the final six teams were co-eds team.
- Second season (after Season 5) where all the final 3 teams are co-ed teams.
- Coincidentally in both seasons, all the final 3 teams were in "love relationships".
- One of two standard format seasons to have no teams returning in All-Stars.
- Most co-ed teams to participate on the race, 8 (until Season 26).
- Most number of couples in love, 7 (tied with All-Stars and Season 15).
- Second season that the race began and ended in the same city (after Season 1).
- First time also the race did not begin on the West Coast nor the East Coast.
- First season that the Finish Line was located in a Midwestern state of the United States.
Pit Stop Greeters
- Click here for this season's Greeters
- Korey Karnes at Chicago Tribune (12/03/2004): "Smart 'Race' continues to amaze"
- Scott D. Pierce at Deseret News (02/15/2005): "Amazing couple seeks Phil's help"
- CBS.com - The Amazing Race 6
The Amazing Race Season Index United States 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ·
16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27 ·
28 · 29
Asia 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 Australia 1 · 2 · 3 Brazil 1 Canada 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 Central Europe Cancelled China 1 · 2 · 3 China Rush 1 · 2 · 3 France 1 Israel 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 Latin America 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 Norway 1 · 2 The Philippines 1 · 2 Ukraine 1 Vietnam 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5