|The Amazing Race 19|
|Winners||Ernie & Cindy|
|Aired||September 25, 2011 – December 11, 2011|
|Filming||June 18, 2011 – July 10, 2011|
|1 (to date) States|
|Traveled||40,000 miles (64,372 km)|
|Previous||The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business|
|Next||The Amazing Race 20|
The Amazing Race 19 is the nineteenth season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race. Applications were due on January 4, 2011. Casting interviews were scheduled in March 2011 and filming was in June/July 2011.
- Main article: The Amazing Race 19 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Ernie & Cindy||Engaged||1st||4th||5th||5th||3rd||5th||2nd7||1st»||2nd||3rd||2nd||1st||7-6|
|Andy & Tommy||Pro Snowboarders||7th||1st||1st||1st||5th||1st||1st||3rd||4th||1st||4th||Eliminated 8th||6-6|
|Father/Son Adventurers||6th||2nd||2nd4||4th||6th||4th||5th»8||6th«||Eliminated 6th||4-5|
|Justin & Jennifer||Siblings||3rd||8th2||4th||2nd||4th||2nd6||7th||Eliminated 5th||4-4|
|Liz & Marie||Twins||10th||5th2||8th||8th||8th||Eliminated 4th||2-4|
|Kaylani & Lisa||Former Vegas Showgirls||9thH1||3rd||9th||Eliminated 3rd||1-2|
|Ethan & Jenna||Dating||4th||10th2,3||Eliminated 1st||2-0|
|Ron & Bill||Domestic Partners||8th||11th2,3||Eliminated 2nd||1-1|
Note 1: Kaylani performed the Hazard task.
Note 2: Eight of the 11 teams arrived at the Pit Stop without donating all of their money at the 'Aisyiyah Orphanage (see below), and had to go back and donate the rest of their money before being allowed to check in. The initial placements for all teams are as follows (the three boldfaced teams were not turned back): 1st: Ernie & Cindy; 2nd: Liz & Marie; 3rd: Bill & Cathi; 4th: Andy & Tommy; 5th: Jeremy & Sandy; 6th: Justin & Jennifer; 7th: Amani & Marcus; 8th: Laurence & Zac; 9th: Ethan & Jenna; 10th: Kaylani & Lisa; 11th: Ron & Bill
Note 3: Leg 2 was a double-elimination leg. The last two teams to be checked in at the Pit Stop were both eliminated.
Note 4: Laurence & Zac initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for using more than the allowed number of buckets at the Grass Fed Detour (see below). During this time, Andy & Tommy checked in for a 1st place finish, dropping Laurence & Zac to 2nd.
Note 5: Leg 5 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
Note 6: Justin & Jennifer and Bill & Cathi initially arrived in 1st and 3rd, respectively, but did not pay the truck drivers who helped them to the Pit Stop. They were required to turn back and pay their drivers, ultimately dropping them to 2nd and 6th, respectively.
Note 7: Ernie & Cindy used the Express Pass to bypass the Detour in Leg 7.
Note 8: Laurence & Zac used their U-Turn power on Amani & Marcus. However, Amani & Marcus had already passed them and were not affected by the U-Turn.
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
- Click here for this season's Route Map
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (United States → Taiwan)Edit
Title: "Kindness of Strangers" (Taiwan) - Kaylani
- Starting Line: Hsi Lai Temple, Hacienda Heights, California, United States
- Teams had to search through several hundred oil-paper umbrellas for one that had the correct set of letters printed on it ("TAI") that when combined twice with their clue of six other letters ("WANPEI") would reveal the name of their first destination: Taipei, Taiwan. Once they presented Phil with the correct umbrella, he gave them keys to one of 11 Ford Explorers parked outside the temple. The last team to complete the task was penalized with the Hazard. The first eight teams to arrive at the airport were booked on an earlier flight from Los Angeles to Taipei; the remaining three teams were booked on a second flight on another airline that departed 20 minutes later.
- Flight from Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei, Taiwan
- Ximending Commercial District, Taipei
- Teams were told to "look up" for their next clue, and were left to figure out that their clue was displayed on an electronic billboard in Chinese: 台北孔廟 (Taipei Confucius Temple).
- Taipei Confucius Temple, Taipei
- One team member had to find a nearby payphone where they had to call a particular phone number. The person on the other end would give the racer one of Confucius's proverbs ("In all things success depends on previous preparation, and without such previous preparation there is sure to be failure."). Without writing it down, he or she would then have to repeat the proverb verbatim to a temple monk. Once they got the proverb right, they would receive their next clue. If they were incorrect, they had to call the number, again, and make another attempt.
- Core Pacific City Mall, Taipei
- Kaylani & Lisa had to travel to the Core Pacific City Mall, where one of them had to perform an indoor bungee jump before they could receive their next clue. Kaylani performed the Hazard task.
- Daija Riverside Park, Taipei
- Teams joined a dragon boat team. One team member kept pace by beating a drum, while the other team member joined the paddling crew. Once they made it through the course, they would receive their next clue.
- National Revolutionary Martyrs' Shrine, Taipei
- Ernie & Cindy won the Express Pass for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (Taiwan → Indonesia)Edit
Title: "The Sprint of Our Life" (Indonesia) - Sandy
- Flight from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta, Indonesia
- From Gambir Station, Gambir, Jakarta to Tugu railway station, Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta
- Bukit Indah Restaurant & Hotel, Yogyakarta (Unaired)
- An unaired task required teams to travel to the Bukit Indah Hotel where they would pick up a key. Teams were then split into two groups based on the key that they picked, with one group leaving the hotel twenty minutes later than the other.
- Goa Jomblang, Semanu, Gunung Kidul Regency
- For the Speed Bump, Bill & Cathi had to untangle a rope until they had enough length to reach a karabiner across a field.
- For the Roadblock, one team member had to descend down into Goa Jomblang where they had to search for a traditional Javanese mask and a traditional dagger known as a kris, before returning to the surface to exchange them for their next clue.
- Mal Malioboro, Yogyakarta
- Shake Your Money Maker: Teams had to dress up in costumes with one team member dancing in the streets while the other played a gamelan in order earn Rp 30,000 (US$3.40).
- Be a Ticket Taker: Teams had to work as motorbike parking attendants in order to earn Rp 15,000 (US$1.70) and then turn in their ticket book.
- Aisyiyah Orphanage, Yogyakarta
- Teams traveled to the Aisyiyah Orphanage, home to those orphaned by the 2010 eruptions of Mount Merapi, where they had to donate the money they earned during the Detour in exchange for their next clue. A small sign at the orphanage also directed teams to donate all of the money in their possession. Teams that did not donate all of their money were not allowed to check in at the Pit Stop until they doubled back and donated the money.
- After donating their money, teams received a coat of arms from the children and left them to figure out that it belonged to the Sultan and that the Pit Stop was at his palace: the Kraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat.
- Kraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat, Yogyakarta
- Andy & Tommy won a trip for two to Ireland for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (Indonesia)Edit
Title: "Don't Lay Down on Me Now!" (Indonesia) - Marcus
- Fort Vredeburg, Yogyakarta
- Teams had to join a series of reenacters of the Dutch colonial era Bicycle Guard and ride omafiets bicycles with their group from the Kraton through the streets of Yogyakarta to Fort Vredeburg in order to receive their next clue.
- Lesehan Restaurant, Salakmalang Village, Kulon Progo Regency
- Rice Field: Teams carried lunch to rice paddy workers, and while the workers ate their lunch, they planted 300 rice seedlings. Once complete, they would be given their next clue by one of the rice field workers.
- Grass Fed: Teams had to fill two bags with freshly cut grass and then pick up two sheep from a shed. After delivering the grass and sheep to a farm, they had to then retrieve six buckets of water from a well to fill a trough for the sheep; teams were only allowed to use two buckets at a time. Once the trough was full and the farmer was satisfied with their work, they would receive their next clue.
- Borobudur, Magelang, Megelang Regency, Central Java
- Before being allowed onto Borobudur, teams had to go to the international entrance where they were given sarongs to put on. They then walked up to the top of the temple, where they would receive their next clue.
- One racer had to walk around the top tier of Borobudur in a clockwise direction, counting the statues of the Five Dhyani Buddhas, while also paying attention to the mudra depicted in the statues (only four of the six kinds of statues were involved in the task). The racer would have to give the correct numbers of Buddhas by mudra, including a demonstration of each (17 Amitābhas with the dhyana mudra, 17 Amoghasiddhis with the abhaya mudra, 17 Akshobhyas with the bhumisparsa mudra, and 18 Ratnasambhavas with the vara mudra), in order to receive their next clue.
- Andy & Tommy won a trip for two to Dubai's Atlantis, The Palm for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (Indonesia → Thailand)Edit
Title: "This Is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand) - Bill (of Bill & Cathi)
- Flight from Adisucipto International Airport, Yogyakarta to Phuket International Airport, Phuket, Phuket Province, Thailand
- Nonthasak Marine, Phuket
- Khai Nai Island, Phuket
- Coral Reconstruction: Teams built a coral nursery out of pipes. Once complete, they used a kayak to take the nursery and several coral fragments out to a buoy where they had to set the nursery on the ocean floor, then set the coral fragments into the nursery. Once complete, a marine biologist would give them their next clue.
- Beach Preparation: Teams would have to set up a series of 20 beach chairs and 10 umbrellas marked with a specific symbol given in their clue. Once the chairs and umbrellas were set up to the beach club owner's approval, they would receive their next clue.
- The clue given to teams following the Detour was a compass and medallion; teams were instructed to travel north for 13 minutes until they reached the island as shown on the medallion: Soap Island.
- Soap Island, Phuket
- Koh Yao Noi Island, Koh Yao District
- One team member climbed the island's sheer rock wall until they reached a bird's nest that held their next clue.
- Floating Soccer Field, Koh Panyi Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga Province
- Andy & Tommy won US$5,000 each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 5 - Episode 5 (Thailand)Edit
Title: "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand) - Jennifer
- Ton Pariwat Wildlife Conservation Area - Anda Adventures, Song Phraek, Phang Nga Province
- To reach their first clue in the Ton Pariwat Wildlife Conservation Area, teams rode on elephants up the Khlong Song Phraek River to the location of the first Roadblock.
- For the Roadblock, one team member searched for a man playing a traditional Thai flute. They then had to search the water around him for a bundle that contained a ceramic carp with their clue inside.
- For the Speed Bump, Liz & Marie had to clean up elephant dung and wash an elephant before they could ride one to the Roadblock.
- After this Roadblock, teams traveled to a nearby store where they had to take apart a traditional spirit house which they then delivered to the Wat Chanathikaram.
- Spirit house shop, Song Phraek
- Wat Chanathikaram, Nop Pring
- The team member that sat out the first Roadblock had to rebuild the spirit house they picked up after the first Roadblock (see task above). Upon assembling it exactly, a monk would give them a bag of food and their next clue.
- From Phuket Bus Terminal, Phuket to New Southern Bus Terminal, Bangkok
- Bangkok Noi Canal at Wat Suwannaram Worawihan, Bangkok Noi District
- Teams had to feed fish at the canal using the food from the second Roadblock before they would receive their next clue.
- M.R. Kukrit Heritage House, Bangkok
- Amani & Marcus won a trip for two to Bali, Indonesia for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 6 - Episode 6 (Thailand → Malawi)Edit
Title: "We Love Your Country Already; It Is Very Spacious" (Malawi) - Cathi
- Flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok to Lilongwe International Airport, Lilongwe, Malawi
- Limbe Tobacco Warehouse - Gate 7, Lilongwe
- One team member had to put on a workman's uniform and transport ten 200-pound (91 kg) bales of tobacco leaves through the tobacco warehouse to a drop-off zone in another part of the warehouse, using only a hand-cart that could carry one bag at a time. Once complete, teams would receive their next clue.
- Memorial Tower, Lilongwe
- All Sewn Up: Teams went to the White Horse De-Sign Tailor Shop in the old market and picked a customer. They would have to use manual sewing machines to finish the customer's suit in order to receive their next clue.
- Not Grown Up: Teams headed to Lilongwe LEA School where teams had to use provided materials (cardboard boxes, nails, string, and bottle caps) to build toy trucks. Once it was properly constructed, the headmistress would give the truck to a student who tested it out before the team would receive their next clue.
- R-K Furniture Shop, Mchesi, Lilongwe
- Teams had to transport two handcrafted wooden beds to Kumbali Village, and then carry the beds to the Pit Stop mat. They would be allowed to ask the shop owner to call a truck for them. Teams would use these beds for an overnight stay at the village.
- Kumbali Village
- Andy & Tommy won a trip for two to the British Virgin Islands for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 7 - Episode 7 (Malawi)Edit
Title: "Move Goat" (Malawi) - Marcus
- From Lilongwe Bus Station, Lilongwe to Salima Bus Terminal, Salima
- Salima Bus Terminal, Salima
- For the Speed Bump, Amani & Marcus had to solve a slide puzzle that depicted the 2010 Malawian flag before they could participate in the Roadblock.
- For the Roadblock, one team member used a bicycle taxi known as a kabaza to take a customer carrying fish to one of three different destinations written on a board tied to the fish. After they dropped off their customer to their required address, they headed back to the bus station to trade in their earnings of MK100 (approximately US$0.66) to the kabaza dispatcher for their next clue.
- Lake Malawi
- Dugout: Teams participated in the annual Lake Malawi Dugout Canoe Race, and had to use the traditional canoes to paddle out to some drummers out on the lake and then paddle back to shore to receive their clue from a local fisherman.
- Lugout: Teams had to wade to a ferryboat on the lake and unload passengers and cargo from the ferry by carrying it to shore. They had to unload two boxes of cabbage, two bundles of sugar cane, two bundles of brooms, one chair, one fan, and eight passengers – all of whom expected to stay dry – before they received their clue from the boat's porter.
- Jamaica Shop, Chigumukile Village
- Sunbird Livingstonia Beach, Senga Bay, Salima District
- Andy & Tommy won US$15,000 to share from Discover Card for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 8 - Episode 8 (Malawi → Denmark)Edit
Title: "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark) - Cindy
- Flight from Lilongwe Airport, Lilongwe to Copenhagen Airport, Copenhagen Municipality, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Von Frelsers Kirke, Copenhagen
- After climbing to the top of the Vor Frelsers Kirke, teams had to search for two clues on the top of the tower. The first was a flag on the tower that said "Borg Slot" and the other was a banner on a nearby building that said "Frederiks". This would lead teams to their next location: Frederiksborg Slot.
- Frederiksborg Slot, Hillerød, Hillerød Municipality
- One team member had to dress in period costume and learn a complex three-part dance from an instructor. Once the Countess was pleased with their dance, they would receive their next clue.
- Frilandsmuseet, Kongens Lyngby, Lyngby-Taarbæk Municipality
- All Hopped Up: Teams had to lay out a proper rabbit show jumping course. They then had to pick a rabbit and have each team member run it through the course without knocking over any of the obstacles. Once complete, the animal handler would give them their next clue.
- All Churned Out: Teams had to make six sticks of butter by using a traditional butter churn to churn fresh cream, then stamp out the sticks using a special mold. Once complete, the dairymaid would check their work, then give them their next clue.
- Karlstrup Windmill, Kongens Lyngby
- Havet Ship, Copenhagen
- Ernie & Cindy won a trip for two to Fiji for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 9 - Episode 9 (Denmark → Germany → Belgium)Edit
Title: "It's Speedo Time" (Brussels, Belgium) - Tommy
- Andersens Boulevard - Statue of Hans Christian Andersen, Copenhagen
- One team member had to memorize a poem on the base of the statue of Hans Christian Andersen on Andersens Boulevard (Danish), and then use a map on a provided bicycle's wheel to navigate themselves to the Teatermuseet i Hofteatret (Danish) where they would have to recite the poem verbatim and with dramatic flair in order to receive their next clue.
- Legoland Billund, Billund Municipality, Syddanmark
- Teams had to find the Pirate Carousel (a teacups ride), where they received a box containing a puzzle made of Lego. While on the ride, they had to assemble the puzzle to reveal their next destination: the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof in Hamburg, Germany. Teams could work on the puzzle only while the ride was in motion; they had to raise their hands when the ride stopped.
- Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, Hamburg, Germany
- From Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, Hamburg to Brussels-South railway station, Brussels, Germany
- European Parliament Building, Brussels
- Note: This Leg featured a Detour, but all of the teams chose the task called Bodybuilding Pose; this was changed to an additional task in post-production, leaving the other Detour option unknown to viewers.
- Bodybuilding Pose: Teams made their way to the Concert Noble in Brussels and competed in a bodybuilding competition in honor of Jean-Claude Van Damme, who is famously known as "The Muscles from Brussels". Racers had to put on bikinis, cover their bodies in posing oil, and then learn a series of bodybuilding poses. They then used the poses in a routine that they performed in front of three judges. If the judges gave them a combined score of 12 or better, teams would receive their next clue.
- →→ Parc Elisabeth, Brussels
- Although this leg was a Double-length leg (the rest of the leg is continued below as leg 10), Amani & Marcus still won a trip for two to Panama for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 10 - Episode 10 (Belgium)Edit
Title: "Release the Brake!" (Brussels, Belgium) - Marcus' driving instructor (non-racer)
- Ford Proving Grounds, Lommel, Limburg
- One team member had to test drive a Ford Mustang. Teams first had to accelerate to 100 mph (160 km/h) and then brake at a designated spot. They then had to go through a slalom course within 16 seconds, and they finished the test drive by performing two victory doughnuts before they received their next clue.
- Burgstraat - Hoofdbrug, Ghent, East Flanders, Flemish Region
- Water: Teams used provided materials (pontoons, rope, and wood) to build a raft to search the Lieve canal (Dutch) for two halves to their next clue.
- Waffle: Teams had to build a waffle stand and then bake and decorate 18 Belgian waffles to the chef's satisfaction before receiving their next clue.
- Muur van Geraardsbergen, Geraardsbergen
- Teams released 100 homing pigeons and then were given an address to chase the pigeons to. Once there, teams would be able to retrieve their next clue from one of the pigeons.
- Atomium, Brussels
- Andy & Tommy won a Ford Mustang, each customized by the winners for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 11 - Episode 11 (Belgium → Netherlands → Panama)Edit
Title: "We Are Charlie Chaplin" (Panama City, Panama) - Tommy
- Stockel/Stokkel metro station - The Adventures of Tintin mural, Brussels
- Before leaving Brussels, teams had to dress up as the two bumbling detective characters from the popular Belgian The Adventures of Tintin comics, and figure out one of the three names ("Thomson and Thompson", "Dupond and Dupont", or "Johnson and Johnston") by which the characters are known in Belgium. Then, using a photo given to them with the clue, teams had to find a man dressed as Tintin standing in front of the Tintin mural at the Stockel/Stokkel metro station and tell him any one of the name variations of the characters they were dressed as in order to receive their next clue.
- From Brussels-South railway station to Schiphol railway station, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Flight from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Tocumen International Airport, Panama City, Panama
- Puerto El Corotu, Chagres National Park
- Parara Puru, Chagres National Park
- Teams signed up for one of 4 times to receive a temporary tattoo the next morning. The tattoo would give them their next location: the San Francisco Bay Towers in Panama City.
- San Francisco Bay Towers, San Francisco, Panama City
- One team member had to cross a tightrope between the San Francisco Bay Towers, 35 stories tall and 65 feet (20 m) across. The racer would pick up a clue on the other tower, and then make a trip back to the first tower before they could continue.
- After the Roadblock, teams were given a riddle to search for a man underneath the rooster, directing them to the statue of Ferdinand de Lesseps in the Plaza de Francia.
- Plaza de Francia - Ferdinand de Lesseps statue, Casco Viejo, Panama City
- Filet: Teams traveled to Panama's largest fish market, El Mercado de Mariscos, where they had to deliver fish to different marked stalls throughout the market, each of which only accepted a certain kind of fish, and only up to a certain weight of that fish. Once they were done with their deliveries, the fishmonger would give them their next clue.
- Sole: Teams traveled to the Salsipuedes Market where they had to find a sandals stall where they had to use one piece of leather each to make the sole and strapping for a pair of sandals for a customer. Once they were done with the sandals and the cobbler was pleased with their work, teams would receive their next clue.
- Cathedral Square, Casco Viejo
- Teams had to find the name or likeness of the Pit Stop in the traditional pollera dresses and necklaces of a group of tamborito dancers in the plaza: Panamá Viejo.
- Panamá Viejo, Casco Viejo
- Jeremy & Sandy won a trip for two to the Turks and Caicos Islands for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 12 - Episode 12 (Panama → United States)Edit
Title: "Go Out and Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia) - Marcus
- Flight from Tocumen International Airport, Panama City to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- FlightSafety International, Atlanta
- Teams had to pick a flight instructor who would teach them how to operate a Learjet flight simulator. They then had to successfully complete a simulated landing at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport from an altitude of 2,500 feet (760 m) in order to receive the next clue.
- The clue from FlightSafety International instructed teams to go to "the residence formerly known as 'The Dump'", leaving them to figure out that this was a reference to the house of Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone with the Wind.
- Margaret Mitchell House & Museum, Atlanta
- One team member to type out the team's next clue by using a Remington typewriter to duplicate an example message. The duplicate had to be perfectly straight and neat, with no mistakes. Additionally, the typewriters used for the task did not have a key for the number 1; racers were left to figure out that they had to use the key for the lower-case letter l as a substitute.
- Upon completing the final Roadblock, teams had to deduce that a series of three numbers included in the clue were references to Hank Aaron: respectively, his uniform number (44), the number of home runs he hit to break the Major League Baseball home run record (715), and the year in which he broke the record ('74). They were also left to figure out that this meant that their next destination was Turner Field, specifically the location in its parking lot where Aaron's 715th home run is commemorated.
- Turner Field, Atlanta
- Teams had to use a large vertical map and rock climbing gear to map out the Race course from start to finish by looping a rope through a series of carabiners on the map, each representing a specific country (the Netherlands and Germany – through which teams traveled during the race, but did not host tasks or Pit Stops – were not required in the solution). One team member worked on the map while his or her teammate gave help from the ground. Teams were not allowed to use notes while working on the task, and the countries on the map were unlabeled.
- Finish Line: Swan House, Atlanta
- Ernie & Cindy won US$1,000,000 for placing 1st in this leg.
- Click here for this season's Greeters
- Ethan & Jenna and Ron & Bill did not pay all of their money to the orphanage becoming victims of the double-elimination leg.
- Laurence & Zac becoming lost searching for a pit stop.
- Andy & Tommy overlooking an important detail and went to the wrong location.
- First time visits to Malawi, Denmark, and Belgium.
- First season to introduce a Hazard.
- First season to have a Double Elimination.
- First season to have tablets used in the U-Turns, removing the usage of the "Courtesy Of" photos.
- Third season to not have a Fast Forward in the race course (after The Amazing Race 14, which the Fast Forward went unaired and The Amazing Race 18, which was not available).
- Fourth season to features all male-female team in the final three after the back-to-back chain from Season 5 until Season 7, coincidentally all the final three teams were involved love relationship among their own team member.
- First season to have U-Turns on back-to-back legs.
- First time visit to Indonesia.
- Third season to have no one eliminated at the pit stop in the first leg (after The Amazing Race 15 and The Amazing Race 18).
- Second season to eliminate multiple teams in the same country (Ethan and Jenna, Ron and Bill & Kaylani and Lisa, all in Indonesia). The first was The Amazing Race 8 were seven teams eliminated in their home country, which was the United States.
- First season since the Season 11: All Stars to have four non-elimination legs (Including the one double length leg between leg 9 and leg 10).
- Only season after Season 18 to have no teams participating again in All-Stars (2014).
- The final four teams dominate the leg wins in this season, (Andy & Tommy with 6 wins, Ernie & Cindy with 3 wins, Amani & Marcus with 2 wins, Jeremy & Sandy with 1 win)
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25)