|The Amazing Race 10|
|Distance traveled||40,000 miles (64,000 km)|
|Starting line||Seattle, Washington|
|Finish line||Garrison, New York|
|Filming dates||May 27, 2006 - June 24, 2006|
|Season run||September 17, 2006 - December 10, 2006|
|Number of legs||12|
|Number of teams||12|
|Winning team||Tyler & James|
|Runner(s)-up|| Rob & Kimberly|
Lyn & Karlyn
|Previous Season||The Amazing Race 9|
|Next Season||The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007)|
The Amazing Race 10 is the tenth season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race. It premiered on September 17, 2006 and ended on December 10, 2006 on CBS. The entire season was released on DVD (exclusively only through Amazon.com) on March 1, 2013.
The show moved to a new timeslot of Sundays at 8 p.m. where it would stay for the next fourteen seasons.
Applications for this season were due on January 20, 2006 while interviews were conducted in March and April 2006. Filming began on May 27, 2006 and finished on June 24, 2006. This season traveled a total of 40,000 miles (64,000 km) across 13 countries in four continents.
Sprint and Travelocity were the official sponsors during this season and provided prizes throughout the race to winning teams on certain legs.
|Episode||Air Date||Leg||Destination||First Place||Last Place||Finish|| Viewership|
|1||"Real Fast! Quack, Quack!"||September 17, 2006||1||United States → China||Tyler & James||Bilal & Sa'eed|| 1st Eliminated|
|Vipul & Arti|| 2nd Eliminated|
|2||"Can Horses Smell Fear?"||September 24, 2006||2||China → Mongolia||Peter & Sarah||Kellie & Jamie|| 3rd Eliminated|
|3||"Oh, Wow! It's Like One of Those Things You See on TV!"||October 1, 2006||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Erwin & Godwin||Duke & Lauren|| 4th Eliminated|
|4||"I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!"||October 8, 2006||4||Vietnam||Rob & Kimberly||Tom & Terry|| 5th Eliminated|
|5||"I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!"||October 15, 2006||5||Vietnam → India||Peter & Sarah||David & Mary|| Non-Elimination|
|6||"Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and Want Me to Be in One of His Movies"||October 22, 2006||6||India → Kuwait||David & Mary||Peter & Sarah|| 6th Eliminated|
|7||"I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle"||October 29, 2006||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Dustin & Kandice||David & Mary|| Non-Elimination|
|8||"He Can't Swim, But He Can Eat Cow Lips"||November 5, 2006||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Dustin & Kandice||David & Mary|| 7th Eliminated|
|9||"Being Polite Sucks Sometimes"||November 12, 2006||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Tyler & James||Erwin & Godwin|| Ordered to|
|10||"Lookin' Like a Blue-Haired Lady on a Sunday Drive"||November 19, 2006||Tyler & James||Erwin & Godwin|| 8th Eliminated|
|11||"We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches"||November 26, 2006||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Tyler & James||Dustin & Kandice|| Non-Elimination|
|12||"Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!"||December 3, 2006||11||Morocco → Spain||Rob & Kimberly||Dustin & Kandice|| 9th Eliminated|
|13||"Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever!"||December 10, 2006||12||Spain → France → United States||Tyler & James||Lyn & Karlyn||3rd Place||12.73||4.1/9|
|Rob & Kimberly||2nd Place|
This chart shows each teams ranking per leg according to their official check in at the Pit Stop. However, time penalties issued before the start of the next leg due to improperly performed tasks are not reflected here.
|Place||Team||Leg 1||Leg 2||Leg 3||Leg 4||Leg 5||Leg 6||Leg 7||Leg 8||Leg 9||Leg 10||Leg 11||Leg 12||Average|
|1||Tyler & James||1||2||2||3||6||6||2||2►^||1||1||1||3||1||2.50||6-6|
|2||Rob & Kimberly||5||6||3||1||3||3||3||3►^||4||3||3||1||2||3.00||6-6|
|3||Lyn & Karlyn||9||9||6||6||5||4||5||5~||3||4||2<||2||3||5.00||6-7|
|4||Dustin & Kandice||4||5||4||7||2||2||1||1+||2||2||4>||4||3.27||6-6|
|5||Erwin & Godwin||7||8||1||4||4||5||4||4+||5||5||4.67||4-5|
|6||David & Mary||10||7||7||5||7||1►||6||6~||6.13||4-2|
|7||Peter & Sarah||3||1||5||2||1||7||3.17||4-2|
|8||Tom & Terry||8||4||8||8||7.00||2-2|
|9||Duke & Lauren||2||3||9||4.67||2-1|
|10||Kellie & Jamie||6||10||8.00||1-1|
|11||Vipul & Arti||11||11.00||1-0|
|12||Bilal & Sa'eed||12||12.00||1-0|
1: Bilal & Sa'eed were the last team to arrive at the Meridian Gate in Forbidden City and were eliminated as per the provisions were given at the start of the race.
2: Kellie took, but failed to complete, the Roadblock in Leg 2. Already in last, Kellie & Jamie then checked into the Pit Stop, without issuing a 4-hour penalty because they came in last place and were eliminated.
3: Tom & Terry initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for traveling on motorcycles, which had been specifically prohibited for safety reasons. As Tom & Terry were waiting out their penalty, Tyler & James, Rob & Kimberly, Dustin & Kandice, Peter & Sarah, Lyn & Karlyn, and David & Mary checked in, dropping Tom & Terry to 8th.
4: Because David & Mary finished 1st, their 30-minute "marked for elimination" penalty was nullified.
5: During the leg, Peter & Sarah had fallen so far behind that all the other teams had already checked into the Pit Stop before Peter & Sarah even arrived at the Detour. When they finally found their next Route Marker at Souk Sulabiya, instead of performing the Detour, Peter & Sarah were instructed to go directly to the Pit Stop, where they were eliminated.
6: Leg 7 featured an unaired Roadblock. It is unknown who completed the Roadblock from Erwin & Godwin and David & Mary.
7: Due to an Intersection, Tyler & James and Rob & Kimberly were able to work together to complete the Fast Forward, thus both teams were able to skip all remaining tasks and head directly to the Pit Stop.
8: David & Mary initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. As David & Mary were waiting out their penalty, Lyn & Karlyn checked in, dropping David & Mary to last place and eliminating them.
9: Leg 9 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
10: Dustin & Kandice had been "marked for elimination;" however, since Dustin & Kandice arrived at the Pit Stop in last place, they were eliminated without the 30-minute penalty being applied.
11: The finishes in the first half of the superleg in Leg 9 is not counted as part of the average. Only the final finish in the leg is counted toward the average.
- Most number of countries visited, 13.
- First season to circumnavigate the globe westwards.
- First time visits to Mongolia, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, and Ukraine.
- First season also to visit Spain having a Pit Stop.
- First season to implement the non-elimination penalty where the last team to arrive at the non-elimination leg was Marked for Elimination where the team must arrive at the next Pit Stop in first place. Otherwise they would receive a 30-minute penalty before they can checked in.
- First introduction of the Intersection where one team pairs up with one other team to perform all tasks together until further notice.
- First time teams were allowed to use the Fast Forward twice.
- First time that the winning team was allowed to contact their families at the Finish Line and tell them they had won.
- First season to have a Mid-Point Elimination.
- First time also two teams were eliminated in the same leg.
- Last season to neither start nor end in California.
- First season to begin on the West Coast and end on the East Coast.
- The Starting Line, Gasworks Park in Seattle, Washington, in this season was the exact place where Finish Line was in Season 3.
- Last season to use a sovereign country as a mid-point in final leg before reaching the final destination.
- First season to feature a Muslim American team.
- First season to feature two Asian American teams
- Second time where the winning team had a teammate (Tyler) with the same name as the winners in the season immediately before it.
- First time was season 4 and 5 with Reichen & Chip and Chip & Kim respectively.
- Click here for this season's Greeters
- Amy Rolph at Seattle Pi (07/16/2006): "Diversity is the word as Amazing Race 10 starts in Seattle"
- Maureen Ryan at Chicago Tribune (09/26/2006): "The Amazing Race reveals the whole journey"
- Andy Dehnart at MSNBC.com (12/17/2006): "Amazing Race still going strong"
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
|United States|| 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ·|
16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27 ·
28 · 29 · 30
|Asia||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|Australia||1 · 2 · 3|
|Canada||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|China||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|China Rush||1 · 2 · 3|
|Israel||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6|
|Latin America||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6|
|Norway||1 · 2|
|The Philippines||1 · 2|
|Vietnam||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|