|This Season Article is in need of clean-up. You can help by editing this article so it conforms to the Season Article Format. Please remove this template once cleanup is complete.|
The Amazing Race 10 is the tenth season of the reality television show, The Amazing Race. It premiered on September 17, 2006 and ended on December 10, 2006 on CBS.
- Main article: The Amazing Race 10 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
- An * indicates that the contestant appeared on more than one season.
|Tyler & James||Models||1st||2nd||2nd||3rd||6th||6th||2nd||2ndƒ||1st/1st||1st||3rd||1st||5-6|
|Rob & Kimberly||Dating||5th||6th||3rd||1st||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rdƒ||5th/3rd||3rd||1st||2nd||6-5|
|Lyn & Karlyn||Single Moms/Friends||9th||9th||6th||6th||5th||4th||5th||5th||4th/4th||2nd<||2nd||3rd||5-7|
|Dustin & Kandice*||Beauty Queens||4th||5th||4th||7th||2nd||2nd||1st||1st||2nd/2nd||4th>||4th10||Eliminated 9th||6-5|
|Erwin & Godwin||Brothers||7th||8th||1st||4th||4th||5th||4th||4th||3rd/5th||Eliminated 8th||4-5|
|David & Mary*||Coalminer and Wife||10th||7th||7th||5th||7th||1stƒ4||6th||6th8||Eliminated 7th||4-2|
|Peter & Sarah||Recently Dating||3rd||1st||5th||2nd||1st||7th5||Eliminated 6th||4-2|
|Tom & Terry||Boyfriends||8th||4th||8th3||8th||Eliminated 5th||2-2|
|Duke & Lauren||Father/Daughter||2nd||3rd||9th||Eliminated 4th||2-1|
|Kellie & Jamie||Cheerleaders||6th||10th2||Eliminated 3rd||1-1|
|Vipul & Arti||Married||11th||Eliminated 2nd||1-0|
|Bilal & Sa'eed||Best Friends||12th1||Eliminated 1st||1-0|
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Note 1: Bilal & Sa'eed were the last team to arrive at the Meridian Gate in Forbidden City and were eliminated as per the provisions were given at the start of the race (see below).
Note 2: Kellie took, but failed to complete, the Roadblock in Leg 2. Already in last, Kellie & Jamie then checked into the Pit Stop, without issuing a 4-hour penalty because they came in last place and were eliminated.
Note 3: Tom & Terry initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for traveling on motorcycles, which had been specifically prohibited for safety reasons. As Tom & Terry were waiting out their penalty, Tyler & James, Rob & Kimberly, Dustin & Kandice, Peter & Sarah, Lyn & Karlyn, and David & Mary checked in, dropping Tom & Terry to 8th.
Note 4: Because David & Mary finished 1st, their 30-minute "marked for elimination" penalty was nullified.
Note 5: During the leg, Peter & Sarah had fallen so far behind that all the other teams had already checked into the Pit Stop before Peter & Sarah even arrived at the Detour. When they finally found their next Route Marker at Souk Sulabiya, instead of performing the Detour, Peter & Sarah were instructed to go directly to the Pit Stop, where they were eliminated.
Note 6: The Roadblock count does not include the results of any unaired Roadblocks.
Note 7: Due to an Intersection, Tyler & James and Rob & Kimberly were able to work together to complete the Fast Forward, thus both teams were able to skip all remaining tasks and head directly to the Pit Stop.
Note 8: David & Mary initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. As David & Mary were waiting out their penalty, Lyn & Karlyn checked in, dropping David & Mary to last place and eliminating them.
Note 9: Leg 9 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
Note 10: Dustin & Kandice had been "marked for elimination;" however, since Dustin & Kandice arrived at the Pit Stop in last place, they were eliminated without the 30-minute penalty being applied.
The episode titles are:
- "Real Fast! Quack, Quack!" – Mary
- "Can Horses Smell Fear?" – Kimberly
- "Oh, Wow! It’s Like One of Those Things You See on TV!" – Mary
- "I Know Phil, Little Ol’ Gorgeous Thing" – Mary
- "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" – Dustin
- "Maybe Steven Seagal [sic] Will See Me And Want Me to Be in One of His Movies" – Mary
- "I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle" – Tyler
- "He Can't Swim But He Can Eat Cow Lips!" – Tyler
- "Being Polite Sucks Sometimes" – Godwin
- "Lookin' Like a Blue-Haired Lady on a Sunday Drive" – Lyn
- "We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches" – Karlyn
- "Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!" – James
- "Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever!" – Tyler
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 (United States → People's Republic of China)Edit
- Seattle, Washington, USA (Gas Works Park) (Starting Line)
- Seattle (Seattle-Tacoma International Airport) to Beijing, People's Republic of China (Beijing Capital International Airport)
- Beijing (Gold House Restaurant)
- Beijing (Forbidden City - Meridian Gate) (Elimination point)
- Beijing (Houhai)
- Beijing (Great Wall of China – Juyongguan)
The first Roadblock of The Amazing Race 10 was one team member had to eat an indulge in delicacy of fish eyes out of a bowl, which is commonly a Chinese delicacy. The Detour was Labor or Leisure. In Labor, teams had to travel 1 mile by pedicab to Run De Li Market where they needed to use traditional Chinese bricks and methods to pave a 45 square foot section of sidewalk in a specific pattern. Tyler and James, Peter and Sarah, Duke and Lauren, Lyn and Karlyn, Dustin and Kandice, David and Mary, Rob and Kimberly, Erwin and Godwin, and Vipul and Arti completed this option. In Leisure, teams had take a pedicab to Beihai Park to take part of a Chinese relaxation method known as Taiji Bailong, which they need to successfully balancing a ball on a paddle to earn their next clue. Tom and Terry and Kelly and Jamie completed this option.
- Additional tasks
- At Meridian Gate in Forbidden City, teams pick a slot in one of three departure times, all of which in the following morning. The last team had arrived in a said place and pick the slot that the team would be eliminated.
- Before entering to Great Wall, Teams had to use a rope to scale the Great Wall of China and climb to the pit stop.
Leg 2 (People's Republic of China → Mongolia)Edit
- Erenhot, Inner Mongolia (Erlian Train Station) to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (Ulaanbaatar train station)
- Ulaanbaatar (Choijin Lama Monastery)
- Terelj (Gorkhi-Terelj National Park)
- Gachuurt, Ulaanbaatar (Hotel Mongolia)
The Detour for this leg was Take It Down or Fill It Up. In Take It Down, teams had to take down the canvas walls and roof of traditional nomadic shelters known as yurt, roll it up, and attach it to a camel. Duke and Lauren, Peter and Sarah, and Kelly and Jamie completed this option. In Fill it Up, teams must take a cart and they had to put four water containers pulled by a hynik, an ox-like animal indigenous to the river. Then they had to fill them up at a stream, bring them back by their hynik, and fill a barrel to the designated line. A nomad would get their next clue. Dustin and Kandice, Erwin and Godwin, Tyler and James, Tom and Terry, Rob and Kimberly, David and Mary, and Lyn and Karlyn comleted this option. The Roadblock was one team member to shoot traditional Mongolian bow and shoot a flaming arrow to hit a target 160 feet away. After hitting the target, the team could run to the pit stop at the pavilion on a hill.
- Additional task
- Upon the arriving on National Park, Teams had to put on traditional Mongolian army hats and ride two and a half miles on a horse.
Leg 3 (Mongolia → Vietnam)Edit
- Ulaanbaatar (Chinggis Khaan Hotel)
- Ulaanbaatar (Chinggis Khaan International Airport) to Hanoi, Vietnam (Noi Bai International Airport)
- Hanoi (Hỏa Lò Prison aka "Hanoi Hilton")
- Hanoi (Old Quarter in Hoan Kiem - Thoa Flower Shop in 55 Hang Ma Street)
- Phố Vác (Canh Dong Dia)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member to choose a Vietnamese bicycles with a basket of flowers and sell enough to make at least 80,000₫ (dong VND - approximately USD $5). Whatever the money earned, they were allowed to keep the money they made. In the Detour, teams chose between Fuel and Fowl. In Fuel, teams had to travel to the home of Nguyĕn Văn Thuý and take wet coal and use a traditional press to create 30 coal round bricks, a traditional Vietnamese fuel source. Erwin and Godwin, Tom and Terry, Tyler and James, David and Mary, Dustin and Kandice, Rob and Kimberly, Peter and Sarah, and Lyn and Karlyn completed this option. In Fowl, teams had to travel to Nhà Thò to construct an intricate traditional Vietnamese birdcage using traditional materials and local materials to build it. Duke and Lauren completed this option.
- Additional task
- At the Hanoi Hilton, teams had to search the grounds of John McCain's flying suit to receive their next clue.
Leg 4 (Vietnam)Edit
- Hanoi (Ly Thai To Garden)
- Hanoi (Ben Xe Gia Lam Bus Terminal) to Ha Long, Quang Ninh Province (Ben Xe Bai Chay)
- Ha Long (Hydrofoil Harbor)
- Ha Long (Halong Bay – Hon Yen Ngua)
- Ha Long (Halong Bay – Sung Sot Cave)
- Ha Long (Halong Bay – Soi Sim Island)
At the Hydrofoil Harbor was the first Yield of the Race. This leg's Roadblock one team member to use a mechanical ascender to climb 90 feet the sheer face of the rock, receive the clue and then rappel down. The Detour was Over or Under. Teams were taken to the water by a junk, then given a sampan to row. In Over, teams had to row to a provisions ship, load the provisions, then row a sampan to a floating village to make deliver goods to the specific address invoice. When its finished, teams must row back to the provisions ship and present it to the captain. In Under, teams had to take a marked buoy and take a sampan to a pearl farm, choose a line of buoys and grab 30 baskets hauling them out of the sea and onto their boats. Then, they had deliver the baskets to a pearl farmer to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of the leg, teams may receive 588,000₫ (dong VND - approximately USD $37).
- At Ly Thai To Garden, Teams may listen the location of their next clue from the megaphone: Ben Xe Bai Chay at Ha Long Bay.
Leg 5 (Vietnam → India)Edit
- Haiphong (Haiphong Train Station) to Hanoi (Hanoi Train Station)
- Hanoi (Noi Bai International Airport) to Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India (Chennai International Airport)
- Mamallapuram (Vallavar Arts & Crafts)
- Chennai (Karthik Driving School)
- Chennai (Chettinad House)
The Detour in this leg was Wild Things or Wild Rice. In Wild Things, teams had to make their way 9 miles to Madras Crocodile Bank, locate pit 16 and help the workers wrangle a marsh crocodile to move it to a new pit. In Wild Rice, teams made their way 200 yards to Sri Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple and choose an outline of a traditional floral design shown on the temple floor. Using a picture for reference, they had to use colored powder made from rice to color and fill it that it matches on a picture. For the Roadblock, one team member had to sit through a driver's education seat and navigate India's frenzied streets to take a driving test while driving on the left road that would allow them to obtain an Indian driver's license.
Leg 6 (India → Kuwait)Edit
- Chennai (Chennai International Airport) to Kuwait City, Kuwait (Kuwait International Airport)
- Kuwait City (Kuwait Towers)
- Jahra (Oil Well - 6th Ring Road)
- Kuwait City (Souk Al-Gharabally)
- Kuwait City (Al Sadiq Water Towers)
In this Fast Forward, teams were required to wear a protective gear and use a flame retaradant shield to get and claim the Fast Forward clue from a cluebox right next to a simulated oil fire, braving temperatures of over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. In the Roadblock on this leg one team member had to climb a ladder to the top of one of the Kuwait Towers 610 feet above the ground. Once at the top, they get a satchel filled with puzzle pieces. They then had to go to the ground and assemble the puzzle to reveal the name of the street as their next destination. The Detour on this leg was Manual or Automatic. In Manual, teams drive an area known as Souk Sulabiya and had to fill ten 110 pound bags of camel feed and stack them up in marked line. Transport them 100 yards to a pallet and properly stack them to get their next clue. In Automatic, teams went to the Kuwait Camel Racing Club where they had to use a walkie-talkie to make a voice activated robotic jockey and attached to a camel. They had to make the camel run a 140 yard course, where a wrangler would give them their next clue.
Leg 7 (Kuwait → Mauritius)Edit
- Kuwait City (Kuwait International Airport) to Plaine Magnien, Mauritius (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport)
- Grand Baie (Isla Mauritia boat)
- Case Noyale (Post Office)
- Bel Ombre (Château Bel Ombre)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Sea or Salt. In Sea, teams had to travel by motorboat, choose a boat captain to an island called – Île aux Benitiers or Island of Mauritius – two and a half miles away and search the island using a map to find the boat's sail. After finding it, they need to carry them, they had to attach it to the boat and sail back. In Salt, teams had take to a salt pan, the pin of the country's economy. They search through three giant piles of salt for a salt shaker containing their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the arriving on harbor beside the sea, Teams had to swim to the boat, which was anchored in Grand Baie.
Leg 8 (Mauritius → Madagascar)Edit
- Plaine Magnien (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport) to Antananarivo, Madagascar (Ivato International Airport)
- Antananarivo (Lac Anosy – Black Angel statue)
- Antananarivo (Tohotohobato Ambondrona Analakely)
- Antananarivo (Cathedral Andohalo)
At the Intersection, teams had to join with one other team to complete tasks and make decisions together until further notice, including completing the Fast Forward. In this Fast Forward, the intersected teams had to travel 2.5 miles to a market and indulge to eat one full serving of cow lips, a local delicacy, when they cleaned their plates, the two teams would win the Fast Forward. The Detour on this leg of the Race was Long Sleep or Short Letter. In Long Sleep, teams had travel by van 2.2 miles to an open market to deliver 8 covered mattresses through the streets of Antananarivo to a certain address. When the delivery is complete, the homeowner handed to get their next clue. In Short Letter, teams had travel by van 3.5 miles where they needed to work together and choose a paper working station to successfully make 28 pieces of handcrafted paper. Once the artisan is signaled to correctly made their paper, they would receive their next clue. After the Detour, teams were not required to work together anymore. The Roadblock on this leg was to go to stairs filled with rubber stamp vendors across the steep staircases and find four vendors with a stamp matches to imprint (boat, train, plane and car) on their clues. Once finished, they would proceed to the Pit Stop, where their teammate was waiting.
Leg 9 (Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine)Edit
- Part 1
- Antananarivo, Madagascar (Ivato International Airport) to Helsinki, Finland (Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport)
- Helsinki (Kappeli Cafe)
- Helsinki (Helsinki Central railway station) to Tampere (Tampere railway station)
- Ylöjärvi (Soppeenharjun koulu)
- Tampere (Tampere railway station) to Turku (Turku Central railway station)
- Lohja (Tytyri Limestone Mine)
- Superleg Part 2
- Helsinki, Finland (Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport) to Kiev, Ukraine (Boryspil International Airport)
- Oster, Ukraine (Oster Tank School)
- Kiev (Apartment 33)
- Kiev (Great Patriotic War Museum)
In Part 1 of 2 Detours, teams had to choose between Swamp This or Swamp That. Both options are methods by which Finnish athletes keep themselves in shape during the warmer months. In Swamp This, teams have to put a pair of cross country skis through bog, and trudge through 1 mile course of a muddy field. In Swamp That, teams had to take an obstacle course through bog. They are need to crawl, climb and carry each other, and proceed to finish line to get their next clue. The 1st part of 2 Roadblocks for half of leg 9 was to ride a bicycle down a steep incline underground to search the mine for a marked dig site and get a piece of limestone. Then, after attaching a limestone on their bicycle, they need to bring it back to the start point and then had to use tools to crack it open to get their next clue from inside of it.
On Part 2 of this Superleg, the second of 2 Roadblocks consisted of taking a Russian T-64 Tank through one and a half mile oval shaped training course used for simulated military exercises at the premiere tank training school of the Ukraine. Once they successfully completed the course, the officer would hand their next clue. The second of 2 Detours was a choice between Make the Music or Find the Music. In Make the Music, teams travel 3 miles to Dance & Groove, a hip hop/dance club in Kiev and had to perform a rap song incorporating the names of all of the nations visited so far on the Race. The judge is Kiev's top rap artist and once he approved their show he would give their next clue. In Find the Music, teams had to go 2 1/2 miles to National Music Academy of Ukraine. Once there, they need to find among thousands of pieces of sheet music of Tchaikovsky's Concert Fantasy for Piano and Orchestra. When they had the music to hold, they need to search 120 practice rooms for one of six pianists to perform the piece for them. Once the pianist completed the piece, they would get their next clue.
- At the Kappeli Cafe, teams had to log onto their e-mail to get an e-mail clue from their families.
- At the Helsinki Olympic Stadium, teams had to do a face first rappel known as an Angel Dive down the Helsinki Olympic Tower.
Leg 10 (Ukraine → Morocco)Edit
- Kiev (Boryspil Airport) to Ouarzazate, Morocco (Ouarzazate Airport)
- Ouarzazate, Kasbah District (Antiquittés du Sud)
- Ouarzazate (Atlas Film Studios)
- Idelssan (Café La Pirgola)
- near Marrakech in the Atlas Mountains (Nomadic Berber Camp)
At the film studios was the only aired Yield of the Race. The Roadblock on this leg was to act like ancient gladiators by racing horse chariots. While racing, they would have to pull down two flags that match the color on their horse. This leg's Detour was Throw It or Grind It. In Throw It, teams had to use a pottery wheel to make two pots. In Grind It, teams had to use a large crushing wheel to grind olives, then pack them into bags. Each Detour selection only had three workstations, which were first come-first serve. After completing the Detour, teams drove on the road to Marrakech until they reached a marker, where they turned off into the desert to the camp that served as the Pit Stop.
- Additional task
- At Antiquittés du Sud, teams receive a pendant for a good luck charm and bring it to the pit stop.
Leg 11 (Morocco → Spain)Edit
- Casablanca (Quartier des Habous)
- Casablanca, Morocco (Mohammed V International Airport) to Barcelona, Spain (Barcelona Airport)
- Barcelona (Parc del Laberint)
- Barcelona (Palau Nacional de Montjuic)
This leg's Roadblock was to prepare and eat camel meat cooked by Mohammed, a chef. The participating team member had to purchase a half kilogram of camel meat, grind it, prepare it on skewers using a traditional Moroccan recipe, have a chef cook it and then eat it. The Detour for this leg was Lug It or Lob It. In Lug It, teams need to drive themselves to Las Rambles then travel on foot to the Maremagnum Bridge where they to get into giant costumes known as "giants & big heads" and once they became a giant teams walk over a mile in them to find a square Plaça de Sant Felip Neri and this female giant to receive their next clue. In Lob It, teams had to travel to this town square and had to take part in a tomato fight that usually breaks out during the The Tomato festival and search a giant pile of tomatoes and find one with a clue inside.
Leg 12 (Spain → France → United States)Edit
- Barcelona (Sagrada Família)
- Barcelona (Barcelona International Airport) to Paris, France (Charles de Gaulle International Airport)
- Paris (Eiffel Tower)
- Paris (Gare Saint-Lazare) to Caen (Gare de Caen)
- Carpiquet (Caen-Carpiquet Airport)
- Paris (Charles de Gaulle International Airport) to New York City, New York, USA (John Frank Kennedy International Airport)
- New York City (Daily News Building)
- New York City (Alamo)
- Garrison (St. Basil Academy)
In the final Roadblock of the race, one team member had to perform a tandem skydive onto Omaha Beach. The other team member remaining in the plane would be treated to a surprise aerial nosedive. Once finished, the person who did the Roadblock was taken to a train station in a military jeep, while the other team member had to take a taxi. In the last Detour of the race, teams had to choose between Fashion or Art. In Fashion, teams had to go to Anatomy Fashion Studio and make a jacket to fit on a mannequin using the tools provided. Once satisfied, a lady would give them their next clue. In Art, they had to go to an art studio, pick up a painting, and then, for their next clue, take the painting through the streets of Paris to a painter who was waiting on a landing by the Seine to receive their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the start of the leg, the clue received at the start point and instructed to said "What is the church stood for over 124 years?" - refers to Sagrada Família, their next destination.
This season was only the second time in "The Amazing Race" history where the winning team had a teammate with the same name as the winners in the season immediately before it. This season's winners being Tyler and James, season 9 winners were BJ and Tyler. The first time was season 4 and 5 with Reichen and Chip/ Chip and Kim respectively.
- Lyn & Karlyn becoming the first all-female team to reach the Final Three.
- Peter & Sarah becoming hopelessly lost in Leg 6.
- Tyler & James
- Rob & Kimberly
- Lyn & Karlyn
- Very first female team to enter the final three.
- First team to be in the final three without winning any previous legs.
- First team to finish the race without winning any leg at all.
- Dustin & Kandice
- First team to check-in ahead of two teams who won a Fast Forward.
- Erwin & Godwin
- David & Mary
- Peter & Sarah
- Tom & Terry
- Duke & Lauren
- Kellie & Jamie
- Vipul & Arti
- Bilal & Sa'eed
- First team to be eliminated in the mid-point of the leg.
- Rob & Kimberly
- Most consistent finish. They placed third in 7 out of 12 legs as well as placing third six legs in a row
- Click here for this season's Greeters
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)