|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business|
|Distance traveled||40,000 miles (64,374 km)|
|Starting line||Palm Springs, California|
|Finish line||Pigeon Key|
|Filming dates||November 20, 2010 - December 12, 2010|
|Season run||February 20, 2011 - May 7, 2011|
|Number of legs||12|
|Number of teams||11|
|Winning team||Kisha & Jen|
|Runner(s)-up|| Flight Time & Big Easy|
Gary & Mallory
|Previous Season||The Amazing Race 17|
|Next Season||The Amazing Race 19|
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business is the eighteenth installment of The Amazing Race. It was confirmed on Nov. 5th, 2010 and is the first US season of The Amazing Race broadcast in High-definition.
|Episode #||Leg #||Title||Air Date||Destination||First Place||Last Place||Finish|| Viewership|
|1||1||"Head Down and Hold On"||February 20, 2011||United States → Australia||Gary & Mallory||Jet & Cord|| Ordered to|
|2||2||"I Never Looked So Foolish in My Whole Entire Life"||February 27, 2011||Australia||Zev & Justin||Amanda & Kris|| 1st Eliminated|
|3||3||"We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently"||March 6, 2011||Australia → Japan||Zev & Justin||Mel & Mike|| 2nd Eliminated|
|4||4||"This is the Most Stupid Day Ever"||March 13, 2011||Japan → China||Margie & Luke||Kent & Vyxsin|| Ordered to|
|5||5||"Don't Ruin the Basketball Game"||March 20, 2011||China||Jet & Cord||Jamie & Cara|| 3rd Eliminated|
|6||6||"I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade"||March 27, 2011||China → India||Gary & Mallory||Margie & Luke|| 4th Eliminated|
|7||7||"You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win"||April 10, 2011||India||Flight Time & Big Easy||Ron & Christina|| 5th Eliminated|
|8||8||"I Cannot Deal With Your Psycho Behavior"||April 17, 2011||India → Austria||Zev & Justin||Gary & Mallory|| Non-Elimination|
|9||9||"We're Good American People"||April 24, 2011||Austria → Liechtenstein → Switzerland||Zev & Justin||Jet & Cord|| 6th Eliminated|
|10||10||"Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen"||May 1, 2011||Switzerland||Flight Time & Big Easy||Kent & Vyxsin|| 7th Eliminated|
|11||11||"This is Where It Ends"||May 8, 2011||Switzerland → Brazil||Gary & Mallory||Zev & Justin|| 8th Eliminated|
|12||Brazil → United States||Kisha & Jen||Gary & Mallory||3rd place|
|Flight Time & Big Easy||2nd place|
This chart shows each teams ranking per leg according to their official check in at the Pit Stop. However, time penalties issued before the start of the next leg due to improperly performed tasks are not reflected here.
|Place||Team||Leg 1||Leg 2||Leg 3||Leg 4||Leg 5||Leg 6||Leg 7||Leg 8||Leg 9||Leg 10||Leg 11||Leg 12||Average|
|1||Kisha & Jen||3||4||4||5||4||6||3||4||2||2||2||1||3.33||6-6|
|2||Flight Time & Big Easy||5||2||5||6||6⋑||7||1||2||5⊂||1||3||2||3.75||6-6|
|3||Gary & Mallory||1||9||2||3||2ϵ||1||4||6||4||3||1||3||3.25||6-6|
|4||Zev & Justin||4||1||1||8||8||4||2||1||1||4||4||3.46||5-5|
|5||Kent & Vyxsin||10||7||7||9||5⊂||5||6||3||3||5||6.00||4-5|
|6||Jet & Cord||11||3||6||2||1||2||5||5||6⊃||4.56||4-4|
|7||Ron & Christina||8||10||3||4||7||3||7||6.00||3-3|
|8||Margie & Luke||7||5||8||1||3||8||5.33||2-3|
|9||Jaime & Cara||6||8||9||7||9⊃⋐||7.80||2-2|
|10||Mel & Mike||9||6||10||8.33||1-1|
|11||Amanda & Kris||2||11∪||6.50||1-0|
1: By the end of Episode 1, Jet & Cord had not reached Phil at the mat.
2: Legs 1 and 4 had no mandatory rest period between legs, and all teams were ordered to continue racing. Those who checked in last on these legs did not face a Speed Bump in the next leg.
3: Amanda & Kris's U-Turn penalty was incurred on Leg 2, as there was no Detour on Leg 1.
4: Flight Time & Big Easy were initially checked in 3rd; however, they were retroactively issued a 30-minute penalty when Ron & Christina told Phil that the Globetrotters had taken their fanny pack by accident and did not return it to them. Ron & Christina were moved up to 3rd, and Kisha & Jen, who checked in within the half-hour penalty period, were checked in for 4th, ultimately dropping the Globetrotters to 5th.
4: By the end of Episode 4, neither Zev & Justin nor Kent & Vyxsin had checked in at the mat.
5: Gary & Mallory used the Express Pass to bypass the Roadblock in Leg 5. Before using the Express Pass, Gary elected to perform the Roadblock, and this is reflected in the total Roadblock count.
6: When Kent & Vyxsin finished Leg 4, they were issued a 30-minute penalty for failing to take the required flight from Tokyo-Narita to Kunming, to be served at the next Pit Stop. They arrived at the Leg 5 Pit Stop 4th; during their penalty Kisha & Jen checked in, dropping Kent & Vyxsin to 5th.
7: Kent & Vyxsin initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for taking a taxi instead of going on foot from the Roadblock to the Pit Stop as the clue had specified. Gary & Mallory and Zev & Justin, the only teams trailing Kent and Vyxsin at that point, checked in during the penalty time and Kent & Vyxsin were eliminated before the 30 minutes elapsed.
8: Leg 12 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- First time visit to Liechtenstein.
- First season to have an automatic U-Turn.
- First season to have the first episode end with a cliffhanger.
- Most parent/child teams in a single season, 4.
- First season to have only one Speed Bump in the entire race since its introduction.
- Second season to not have a Fast Forward in the race course (after Season 14, which the Fast Forward went unaired).
- First time back-to-back female teams winning the race.
- First time there are back-to-back Roadblocks in the final leg.
- Second season with consecutive Roadblocks in one leg - leg 12 (after leg 10 of Season 16).
- Second season to have a Speed Bump and a U-Turn in the same leg (leg 9) (after leg 8 of Season 12).
- Most number of teams who have been U-Turned in a season, 4.
- First season to have African-American teams to finish in 1st and 2nd place respectively.
- Second time the Finish Line takes place in Florida (after Season 7).
- Least amount of couples in love in standard format: 2 out of 11 (tied with Season 24)
- Second season to have no one eliminated at the first Pit Stop.
- Second season to not feature a married team (after Season 17).
- First season that no one is eliminated in the first leg.
- First season with no-rest legs (legs 1 and 4).
- From 1st place to 4th place, the number the legs the team won became their placement.
- The first four teams eliminated were all from the same season, Season 14.
- Ironically, Kisha & Jen, the only surviving Season 14 team, ended up winning.
- Many teams were eliminated in a similar fashion to their original season:
- Amanda & Kris being U-turned in their original season, and U-turned again this season
- Luke stumbling at the Roadblock in his original season, and again this season, costing his team.
- One team member from Ron & Christina messing up at a crucial Roadblock in both seasons
- Kent & Vyxsin are eliminated in fifth place.
- Gary & Mallory got trouble with direction at the early of the leg in both season.
- All the teams that made it to the final leg in their original season were eliminated back-to-back from leg 5 until leg 9 (leg 8 was a non-elimination leg).
- Andy Dehnart at realityblurred (09/18/2011): "Amazing Race unbelievably wins another Emmy"
Get this season on iTunes
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
|United States|| 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ·|
16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27 ·
28 · 29
|Asia||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|Australia||1 · 2 · 3|
|Canada||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|China||1 · 2 · 3|
|China Rush||1 · 2 · 3|
|Israel||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|Latin America||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6|
|Norway||1 · 2|
|The Philippines||1 · 2|
|Vietnam||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|