- Main article: The Amazing Race: China Rush 3 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng||Trainers||1st||1st||5th||5th||3rd||4th||1st||4th||1st||1st||3rd7||1st||5-7|
|Christine & Steven||Models||4th||3rd||7th||7th||6th||3rd3||6th||2nd||2nd||4th||2nd||2nd||6-6|
|Ryan & Charlie||Harvard Graduates||5th||5th2||3rd||1st||2nd||1st||4th||3rd||4th||3rd||1st»||3rd||6-6|
|Zhang Yelin & Li Yang||Dating Couple||9th||4th||6th||3rd||8th||5th||5th>||1st||3rd||2nd||4th«||Eliminated 8th||4-5|
|Janelle & Karin||Socialites||6th||9th||1stƒ||6th||4th||6th3||2nd||5th||5th||5th||Eliminated 7th||5-4|
|Khai Shing & Khai Sheng||Twins||7th||6th||2nd||2nd||1st||2nd||3rd||6th6||Eliminated 6th||4-3|
|Henry & Jennifer||Newlyweds||10th||7th||8th||8th||5th||7th||7th<||Eliminated 5th||4-2|
|Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang||Cousins/BBQ Performers||3rd||2nd||4th||4th||7th||8th4||Eliminated 4th||1-4|
|Yu Ping & Yu Chenjing||Father/Daughter||2nd||8th||9th||Eliminated 3rd||1-1|
|Nick & Brandon||Neighbors||8th||10th||Eliminated 2nd||1-1|
|Rob & Jia Jia||Friends/Animal Lovers||11th1||Eliminated 1st||0-0|
Note 1: Rob & Jia Jia were eliminated at the starting line when they were unable to complete the assigned task.
Note 2: Ryan & Charlie initially arrived 2nd, but incurred a 30 minute penalty for taking a taxi to the detour when the clue instructed them to walk. During this time 3 other teams checked in, dropping them to 5th place.
Note 3: Christine & Steven and Janelle & Karin initially arrived 3rd and 5th, respectively, but did not pay their taxi driver. After they were instructed to pay their taxi driver, this did not affect Christine & Steven's placement but dropped Janelle & Karin to 6th.
Note 4: Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang initially arrived 2nd, but incurred a 30 minute penalty for not putting their bags at the designated area at the Detour location. As all the other teams had checked in during their penalty time, they were then eliminated from the race as a result.
Note 5: Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the Detour in Leg 7.
Note 6: Khai Shing & Khai Sheng initially arrived 1st, but incurred a 60 minute penalty for taking a taxi directly to Fisherman's Wharf, instead of a ferry, as specified in the clue. All other teams checked in during their penalty time, and they were eliminated from the race as a result.
Note 7: Lei Sheng was unable to complete the Roadblock and elected to take a 2-hour penalty.
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (Shanghai → Shanxi)Edit
- Starting Line: The Bund, Shanghai, China
- Teams had to search through 100s of flags to find the flag with the ancient hanzi meaning for 'One', the first 5 teams to complete the task were given a ticket to the 1st of 2 buses, which will take them to the home of the hanzi dictionary, the second 5 teams were given a ticket to the 2nd bus which departs 45 minutes later. The last team to complete the task was eliminated at the starting line.
- From Shanghai to Yangcheng, Shanxi
- World Historical Chancellors Palace
- Teams had to make their way to the rooftop of the palace, following the path indicated by the chancellors maidens and their lanterns to find an incomplete dragon, teams then had to search the palace grounds for the missing piece and transport it back, placing it in the proper place, to receive their next clue.
- Shangzhuang Village, Yangcheng
- Teams had to take part in the Han Boat folk dance, whilst wearing the traditional costumes, which includes a decorated boat. They then had to make their way along the riverbed to find the village magistrate to receive their next clue.
- Manghe Scenic Area, Yangcheng
- One team member had to assemble a bamboo swing using the tools provided.
- Drinking Horse Spring, Yangcheng
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won the Express Pass and two round-trip tickets to Bali, Indonesia for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (Shanxi → Heilongjiang)Edit
- From Yangcheng, Shanxi to Suifenhe, Heilongjiang
- Suifenhe Railway Station, Suifenhe
- Teams had to search for a local russian woman, selling traditional oil paintings, where their next clue was written on the back of the paintings.
- Sino-Russian Culture and Arts Exhibition Hall, Suifenhe
- Teams had to choose one of the ten provided matryoshka dolls then had to search the rooms, to find a set of dolls missing their exact doll. Once foundm they then had to present their set to the curator to receive their next clue.
- Beihai Park, Suifenhe
- Log It: Teams had to make their way to the Suifenhe Village forest and find the general farm. They then had to chop enough wood to build a 15 level pile of wood to receive their next clue.
- Slog It: Teams had to search the forest for a 'Singing Tree' playing a popular song using just a parabolic microphone. Once teams had found the correct tree, using a shovel they then had to dig up their next clue.
- For the Speed Bump, Henry & Jennifer had to break through a block of ice containing their clue using the ice picks provided before they can continue racing.
- Central Square, Suifenhe
- Suifenhe Unit 605 Barracks, Suifenhe
- One team member had to dress in a military uniform and were required to make the bed provided, then fold their blanket in a military fashion to receive their next clue.
- Suifenhe National Gate, Suifenhe
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won two round-trip tickets to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (Heilongjiang → Jilin)Edit
- From Suifenhe, Heilongjiang to Yanji, Yilin
- Henan Bridge, Yanji
- Teams had to to find their next clue in Henan Bridge. Written on their clue in Korean writing was the name of the school by the name of Gongyuan Primary School, and the name of a student. Teams were then required to locate the school, and once found they were required to search the classrooms for the specified student by looking at the students IDs. Once located, the student led the team to an area in which they were required to dress up in traditional Korean outfits. Teams were then tasked with performing several Korean mannerisms correctly to receive their next clue. If teams performed them incorrectly they would incur a 10 minute time penalty.
- Gongyuan Primary School, Yanji
- Tungsen Biotechnology Company, Yanji
- Teams had to find the ginseng drying warehouse then were required to search through millions of ginseng pieces to find one unique irregular piece. Once found, they would win their Fast Forward clue.
- Korean Folk Culture Village, Yanji
- Pot Luck: Teams had to locate the courtyard and find the marked pots. Once found both team members were required to each transport a pot in a traditional Korean fashion ontop of their head around the courtyard and back again, without dropping or breaking the pot to receive their next clue.
- Pot Belly: Teams were required to find a marked cabin in the Korean Folk Culture Village and each consume 1.2kgs of hot Kimchi; if teams failed to consume the Kimchi, they would incur a 20 minute time penalty.
- Jindalai Square, Yanji
- Teams had to participate in a Korean tradition named "Extreme Swinging." In which one team member had to stand on the swing, whilst the other pushes. Teams were then required to swing high enough to ring a bell 3 metres in the air to receive their next clue. If they were unsuccessful after 3 attempts, they would incur a 10 minute time penalty before being allowed to attempt the task again.
- Jindalai Cold Noodle Restaurant, Yanji
- Yanji International Exhibition Art Centre, Yanji
- Janelle & Karin won two round-trip tickets to Seoul, South Korea for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (Jilin → Zhejiang)Edit
- Flight from Yanji, Jilin to Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, Shanghai
- Upon arrival in Shanghai, teams were required to make their own way to Pinghu, Zhejiang. Teams elected to either take a taxi or a train (from the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station). Once teams arrived in Pinghu, teams then had to make their way by bus to the Water Pavillion at Beiyuan Muchang Park where they then had to pick a number which in turn represented what order they would be allowed into the park in. Once inside the park, teams had to locate their next clue.
- Water Pavillion - Beiyuan Muchang Park, Pinghu
- Pinghu High School, Pinghu
- Teams had to travel by taxi to the Pinghu High School and find the basketball courts. They then were required to work together in a high pressure game horse in which all 4 team members were required to take shots and score a basket from the 3 designated markers on the court. Once completed, one team member was then required to take a shot from the 4th marker designated the 3 point area and score a basket. If the intersected teams fail to complete the task in under 6 minutes, they were faced with a 10 minute time penalty before being allowed to attempt the task again. After this task, teams were no longer intersected.
- Maji Village, Pinghu
- Teams were required to construct a scarecrow using the tools provided. Teams then had to stuff the scarecrow with hay and place on a bamboo pole. They then had to transport the scarecrow to the field and place the scarecrow on the marked area to the satisfaction of the farmer in order to receive their next clue.
- Mo Family Mansions, Pinghu
- Showdown: Teams had to travel by taxi to the Pinghu Folk Culture Museum and were required to play a game of watermelon chess. After selecting an opponent and learning the rules of the game, teams then had to defeat their opponent to receive their next clue.
- Chow Down: Teams had to make their way by taxi to the Meiyantang Restaurant and had to create a local delicacy called a pinghu fermented egg where teams had to crack the shells of 5 duck eggs correctly and once the chef approved of their efforts, teams then were required to eat one pinghu fermented egg each in order to receive their next clue.
- Shutong Elementary School, Pinghu
- One team member had to find the marked classroom and learn a famous Pipa song, they then had to make their way to the judge and perform the song on the Pipa correctly in orderto receive their next clue.
- Nine Peaks Pagoda, Pinghu
- Ryan & Charlie won two round-trip tickets to Boracay, Philippines for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 5 - Episode 5 (Zhejiang)Edit
- From Pinghu Bus Station, Pinghu to Xinshi Ancient Town, Deqing County
- Upon arrival at the Xinshi Ancient Town, teams were required to select a sheep and a boat and transport the sheep along the river to the farmer on the other side of the river in order to receive their next clue. However, if the sheep leaves the boat along the way, teams would have to restart the task with a new sheep.
- Xinshi Market, Xinshi Ancient Town
- Antiques Shop, Xinshi Ancient Town
- Henry & Jennifer had to search the area for the local antiques shop and were both required to eat 1.5kgs of warm river snails in order to continue racing.
- Le Passage Mohkan Shan, Moganshan
- Head Up: Teams had to look through the trees for 1 of 8 clues that were hidden high above them on selected trees. Once found, teams were then required to use any object or tool whatever means necessary to them in order to retrieve their next clue.
- Head Down: Teams had to make their way by foot to a steep area and transport 12 bamboo poles along the marked path in order to receive their next clue.
- After completing the Detour, teams were then required to transport the sword from the Detour task with them and travel by taxi to the Jiangshi Scenic Area and find the Sword Stone Pond. Once teams had located the pond by the waterfall, they were then required to use one of the Grindstones provided to clean the rusty sword found at the Yaowu Reservoir to reveal the words on the side. Once teams had completed the task and were judged to of correctly cleaned the sword, they received their next clue.
- Yaowu Reservoir, Moganshan
- One team member was required to wear a wet suit and a scuba gear and make their way into the water with their instructor and were required to learn a set of safety instructions taught to them by their instructor. Once learned, they had to swim to the center of the reservoir and dive for a sword stuck in the mud at the bottom of the reservoir, which had their clue attached to it and bring it back with them in order to obtain their next clue.
- Jiangshi Scenic Area, Moganshan
- Yin Shan Street Market, Moganshan
- Khai Shing & Khai Sheng won two round-trip tickets to Phuket, Thailand for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 6 - Episode 6 (Zhejiang → Anhui)Edit
- From Moganshan, Zhejiang to Huangshan, Anhui
- Huangshan Scenic Area - South Gate, Huangshan City
- Chengkan Village, Huangshan City
- Teams had to locate the Luo Family Temple and had to count the number of characters on the walls of the hallway displaying the family code once found. Once teams had the correct number, they then received their next clue.
- Five Bridges Entrance, Huangshan City
- Zhang Yelin & Li Yang had to transport 10 kilograms of hay and grass to the opposite side of the village to the farmer using the traditional baskets provided. Once completed, they were allowed to continue racing.
- Luo Family Temple, Huangshan City
- Xiajian Pagoda, Huangshan City
- Tunxi Old Street, Huangshan City / Tunxi Hot Dishes Restaurant, Huangshan City
- Food Stall: Teams had to make their to the east side of the Tunxi Old Street and had to locate the Tofu vendor. Once found, they then had to learn how to prepare a local dish called Hairy Tofu and were then required to select a marked stall and sell 100 yuan worth of Tofu. Once teams had sold the required amount of Tofu, they then had to donate the money back to the Tofu Vendor in order to receive their next clue.
- Performance Hall: Teams had to travel to the Tunxi Hot Dishes Restaurant andwere required to change into traditional outfits. They then had to watch and learn four minutes of traditional Kunqu Opera moves, before having to perform these moves in front of the director. If teams performed them correctly, they received their next clue.
- Jiulong Waterfall, Huangshan Mountain
- One team member had to make their way up a steep path to the top of the waterfall and was required to repel 120m down the waterfall into the water and swim to safety to receive their next clue.
- Pedestrian Rope Bridge, Huangshan City
- Ancient Stone Mural, Huangshan City
- Ryan & Charlie won two round-trip tickets to Brunei and a two-night stay in Hilton Hotel, Dalian for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 7 - Episode 7 (Anhui → Jiangsu)Edit
- From Huangshan to Nanjing, Jiangsu
- Hilton Nanjing Riverside, Nanjing
- One team member had to ascend to the 13th floor of the Hilton hotel and put on a chef's outfit then had to properly prepare a signature dish, using only a finished example as a reference in order to receive their next clue.
- China Railway Baoji Bridge Group, Nanjing
- Screw This: Teams had to use screws to properly secure 87 sections of a high-speed railway track in order to receive their next clue.
- Scrap That: Teams had to load scrap metal into bins and transport them across the large warehouse to a dumping site. After making six trips each, teams would receive their next clue.
- Zifeng Tower - 72nd Floor, Nanjing
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Teams would be strapped into a gravitational rotation device, which would spin them around a full 360 degrees. While spinning, they would be shown 10 images of different aircraft and would then have to pick out these 10 crafts from a board containing 20 images.
- Nanjing Olympic Sports Stadium, Nanjing
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won two round-trip tickets to Mauritius and a two-night stay in Hilton Hotel, Beijing for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 8 - Episode 8 (Jiangsu → Taiwan)Edit
- Flight from Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei, Taiwan
- Upon arrival at Taipei, teams had to stay overnight before heading to Badu Train Station. Once they arrived at Badu Train Station, they were then required to purchase tickets to the Shifen Train Station.
- From Badu Train Station, Keelung to Shifen Train Station, Pingsi
- Upon arrival at Pingsi, teams were given a China Rush stamp and their next clue.
- Three Sisters Lantern Shop, Pingsi or Jingan Suspension Bridge, Pingsi
- Take Flight: Teams were required to follow the train tracks to the Three Sisters Sky Lantern Shop. After observing how to create a Sky Lantern, teams were tasked with creating a Sky Lantern out of rice paper using the materials provided. Once teams had created the lantern, they then had to light the candle at the base and take their Sky Lantern outside to fly in order to receive their next clue. However, if teams incorrectly assemble the lantern and it does not fly, teams had to create a new lantern from scratch.
- Hang Tight: Teams were required to make their way to Jingan Suspension Bridge and hang 150 Bamboo Chimes from the bridge and with the final chime, they had to write their own wish to receive their next clue. However, if any of the chimes drop into the water, they would receive a 20-minute penalty before they can continue the task.
- From Shifen Train Station, Pingsi to Badu Train Station, Keelung
- Feicui Bay, New Taipei
- The team member choosing to do the roadblock was required to wait at the designated area marked with an X, whilst the other team member traveled by taxi to the Paragliding point and were required to paraglide to their teammate below to receive their next clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams received a cryptic clue with an image of an unique rock formation, they then had figure out that they had to travel to the Yehliu Geopark.
- Yehliu Geopark, New Taipei
- Teams had to make their way to the observation point to receive their next clue.
- From Bali Ferry Docks, New Taipei to Danshui Fisherman's Wharf, New Taipei
- Upon arrival at Danshui Fisherman's Wharf, teams had to locate their next clue by the rocks.
- Love Boat Plaza, New Taipei
- Zhang Yelin & Li Yang won two round-trip tickets to Uluru, Australia and a two-night stay at the Guangzhou Baiyun Hilton Hotel for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 9 - Episode 9 (Taiwan → Guizhou)Edit
- Flight from Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei to Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport, Guiyang, Guizhou
- From Guiyang to Leishan County, Qiandongnan Prefecture
- Wooden Drum Square, Leishan County
- Langde Village, Leishan County
- Before the Detour, teams had to find the village's square and ask a local stunt performer to retrieve their next clue from the top of a ladder made of knives.
- Stack It: Teams had to build a haystack by following the methods of Miao farmers. Once the properly-made stack reached a certain height, teams would receive their next clue.
- Catch It: Teams had to participate in a Miao wedding tradition by catching 10 live ducks with their bare hands. Once they had successfully caught 10 ducks and put them into a container, they would receive their next clue.
- Viewing Platform, Xijiang Miao Village
- Teams had to search for a house with an incomplete roof. Once found, they would participate in another Miao wedding tradition where one team member would have to load 300 shingles into a pulley and lift them up to their partner on the roof, who had to completely tile a section of the roof.
- Performance Stage, Xijiang Miao Village
- One team member had to engage in yet another Miao wedding tradition where they had to complete a puzzle containing a picture of a Miao bride. They then had to find the woman depicted in the image and collect pieces of her wedding outfit from a large selection of clothes. Once the bride had dressed in the proper dress, teams would receive their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to lead their brides through the village to the elder's house where they would receive a bronze drum with their clue written on the bottom, as well as a Hilton teddy bear, both of which had to be delivered to the Pit Stop.
- Village Elder's House, Xijiang Miao Village
- Xijiang Bronze Drum Square, Leishan County
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won a 6 day cruise on Costa Cruises Victoria cruiseliner departing from Shanghai to the Jiju Island, South Korea, then to Fukuoka, Japan and a two-night stay at the Nanjing Hilton Hotel for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 10 - Episode 10 (Guizhou → Yunnan)Edit
- From Leishan County to Dali, Yunnan
- Erhai Gate, Dali
- Teams had to locate the food stall selling a local speciality called Rushan. Once located, each team member had to consume one stick of Rushan to receive their next clue.
- Hengfeng Dairy Farm, Dali
- Teams were required to transport 6 baskets of carrots to the feeding troths of the cows and empty them inside. Teams then had to head to the cow pit and each fill 2 buckets of cow pattys and transport them to the compost area to receive their next clue.
- For the Speed Bump, Janelle & Karin had to drink 2 pitchers of Cow Milk in order to continue racing.
- Tian Long Ba Bu Cinematic City, Dali
- Bride: Teams had to locate several pairs of actors with only 1 wearing the complete costume. Teams then had to search the studio grounds for the actresses with 5 missing bridal costume pieces, and once found had to bring them back to the required area. They were then required to dress the actress to the satisfaction of the actor to receive their next clue.
- Ride: Teams had to make their way to the West Gate of the Cinema City and locate a wanted poster of a picture of a fugitive and a list of his crimes. Teams were then required to memorize the lines and then assume the roles of the Jailer and the Prisoner and dress in costume. The Jailer then had to transport the prisoner in a paddy wagon to the gate of the palace and once they arrived had to recite their lines to the court official correctly to receive their next clue. If teams performed their lines incorrectly, they were required to head back to the wanted poster and restart the task.
- Bu'er Fa Gate, Dali
- One team member was required to select one seven piece marble geometric puzzle and create a square in order to receive their next clue.
- Three Pagodas Plaza, Dali
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won two round-trip tickets to Phuket, Thailand and a two-night stay at the Hilton Hotel for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 11 - Episode 11 (Yunnan)Edit
- Butterfly Spring, Dali
- At the start of the leg, teams received two dried butterflies in their clue and had to figure out that they had to find Dali's Butterfly Spring. Once there, teams paid homage to the classic Chinese film Five Golden Flowers. They had to use a butterfly net to catch five each of the three butterflies listed at the front door of the butterfly garden. They then had to deliver them to two people dressed as the stars of the movie to exchange them for their next clue.
- Dongshan rock field, Shuanglangzhen
- One team member had to rock climb up a steep cliff face to reach a basket of medicine at the top, recalling the time-honored tradition of climbing cliffs to retrieve medicinal herbs. Once they have reached the basket, they will receive their next clue.
- Xizhou Memorial Arch, Xizhouzhen
- Linden Center, Xizhouzhen / Sha Fishing Performance Area, Xizhouzhen
- Teas: Teams entered the village and had to watch a tea-making ceremony at the Linden Center, after which they would taste three different teas. They then had to enter a different room and pick out these three teas from a selection of cups using only their senses of taste and smell to receive their next clue.
- Seas: Teams traveled to the shores of Erhai Lake, where they would have to use a rowboat to deliver a cormorant to a fishing boat on the lake. They would exchange the bird for a basket of fish, which they could return to shore and exchange for their next clue.
- Xizhou Performance Stage, Xizhouzhen
- From Nanzhao Scenic Island Dock, Shuanglangzhen to Nanzhao Island, Shuanglangzhen
- Nanzhao Island - Benzhu Plaza, Shuanglangzhen
Leg 12 - Episode 12 (Yunnan → Sichuan)Edit
- From Dali to Kunming
- Flight from Kunming Airport, Kunming to Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, Chengdu, Sichuan
- Huanglongxi Historic Town, Chengdu
- One team member had to make their way through the Huanglonxi Historic Town to the Lonpan Square, and were then required to locate their team of dragon dancers who each had an image of a previously eliminated team on their arm. They then were required to dress in a traditional dragon dancer costume and arrange their dancers in the order of elimination at which city of the previous teams. Once complete the team member had to observe the dragon dancers performance and then join in, taking the role of the Dragons Tail. Once the team member performed the routine correctly, they received their next clue.
- East Chengdu Music Park, Chengdu
- One team member was required to wear safety gear and was briefed by their instructor before being tasked with making their way up a 60m Chimney stack using a pulley system to receive their next clue, while the other team member was tasked with providing support with the rope.
- Chengdu Research Base, Chengdu
- Teams were required to search the area for Mei Lan's Panda Pen to find their next clue.
- Wuhouci Temple, Chengdu
- One team member had to tackle the Hua Rong Path, to do this, they had to rearrange several large blocks on a grid to guide the Cao Cao block to the end of the path to receive their next clue.
- Finish Line: Jinsha Relics Museum, Chengdu
- Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng won a trip around the world for placing 1st in this leg.
- First season to have an elimination at the Starting Line.
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)