|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014)|
|Winners||Dave & Connor|
|Aired||February 23, 2014 – May 18, 2014|
|Filming||November 16, 2013 – December 6, 2013|
|Traveled||35,000 miles (56,326 km)|
|Previous||The Amazing Race 23|
|Next||The Amazing Race 25|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) is the twenty-fourth installment of the reality television series, The Amazing Race. The series was renewed on March 27, 2013 for the 2013–14 TV season. This is the second season to have All-Stars subtitle (Season 11 was the first) and the third to feature players from different seasons. This season premiered on February 23, 2014.
- Main article: The Amazing Race 24 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
- All contestants appeared in a previous season.
|Dave & Connor|| Father/Son|
|Caroline & Jennifer|| Country Singers|
|Brendon & Rachel|| Newlyweds|
|Leo & Jamal|| Cousins|
|Jet & Cord|| Brothers/Cowboys|
Seasons 16 & 18
|Flight Time & Big Easy|| Harlem Globetrotters|
Seasons 15 & 18
|Jessica & John|| Engaged|
|Margie & Luke|| Mother/Son|
Seasons 14 & 18
|4th||2nd||4th||7th||8th||Eliminated 4th||2-2 4|
|Joey & Meghan|| YouTube Hosts|
|Mark & Mallory1|| Team Kentucky|
Seasons 17, 18 & 20
|Natalie & Nadiya|| Twins|
Note 1: At the Starting Line, Phil announced that Bopper was not able to enter the race after his doctor dissuaded him to race due to pancreatitis. He was replaced by Mallory Ervin of Gary & Mallory from Seasons 17 and 18, also from Kentucky, to race with his original partner Mark.
Note 2: Several teams left the pit start of the second leg in a different order than their placements in the previous leg. These teams were:
- Dave & Connor - Arrived 3rd, but departed 4th
- Margie & Luke - Arrived 4th, but departed 3rd
- Jessica & John - Arrived 8th, but departed 9th
- Caroline & Jennifer - Arrived 9th, but departed 10th
- Joey & Meghan - Arrived 10th, but departed 8th
Note 3: Jet & Cord decided to give their other Express Pass to Caroline & Jennifer in leg 2. Caroline & Jennifer later used it to bypass the Roadblock in the same leg.
Note 4: Margie & Luke were not shown completing the tasks on this leg. This is reflected in the total Roadblock count.
Note 5: Jet & Cord used the Express Pass to bypass the Detour on Leg 8.
Note 6: Caroline & Jennifer U-Turned Brendon & Rachel, who had already passed the U-Turn point and were therefore unaffected by the U-Turn.
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
- Click here for this season's Route Map
Legs and EpisodesEdit
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (United States → China)Edit
Title: "Back in the Saddle" - Cord
- Starting Line: Cougar Stadium, College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita, California, United States
- Teams must search for one band member of the UCLA Bruin Marching Band among several others with the Chinese characters of Guangzhou (广州), their first destination, written on the band member's shako using the conductor's shako as their guide. Once they have brought the correct member to Phil, he will give them their first clue, containing their flight tickets to Guangzhou.
- Upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, teams must park their Ford Fusion Energi cars they drove on a marked recharging station.
- Flight from Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles to Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou, China
- Jiangnan Avenue, Guangzhou
- Teams must search for one of three bridal shops that contain their next clue, where each shop contain a limited number of clues making teams go to another. Once they have found a clue, it will instruct them to travel to "the building with the bubbles on top," which is the Canton Tower where a horizontal ferris wheel is located with bubble-like passenger cars.
- Canton Tower, Guangzhou
- Teams must search for several "crystal" passenger cars at the observation deck's horizontal ferris wheel that contain their next clue, which, when found, will tell them to travel to the Haixinsha Stadium located below.
- Haixinsha Stadium, Guangzhou
- Who's feeling wired?: One team member must wear a costume then perform five somersaults while ascending mid-air by wires attached to one of the stadium's towers to receive their next clue.
- Guangzhou Opera House, Guangzhou
- Jet & Cord won two Express Passes (the other must be given to another team before the fifth leg of the race) for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (China)Edit
Title: "Baby Bear's Soup" - Mark
- Chen Clan Academy, Guangzhou
- Teams must watch a martial arts demonstration where the master will approach them and stamp their next destination on their foreheads, printed in Chinese characters, after watching the demonstration.
- Edaytown, Guangzhou
- Who's the mechanic?: One team member must assemble a motorized toy car with the satisfaction of the toy soldier judge to receive their next clue.
- Guangzhou Children's Activity Center, Guangzhou
- Teams must bring the motorized toy car that they assembled at the Roadblock to the Guangzhou Children's Activity Center. Once they have delivered the motorized toy car, they will receive their next clue.
- Liwanhu Park, Guangzhou / Sauna Center, Guangzhou
- Featherball: Teams must play a traditional Asian game similar to hackeysack called "Jiànzi" where they must join a group and make ten consecutive volleys of a shuttlecock in order to receive their next clue.
- China Cup: Teams must experience a traditional Chinese cupping therapy to receive their next clue.
- Shamian Island Promenade, Guangzhou
- Brendon & Rachel won US$2,500 each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (China → Malaysia)Edit
Title: "Welcome to the Jungle" - Big Easy
- Flight from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou to Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
- The first flight to Kota Kinabalu has seating for the first six teams to check in at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, while the remaining three teams will board the second flight that departs three hours after the departure of the first flight.
- Kiansom Waterfall, Inanam
- Who will fall for this one?: With a Travelocity roaming gnome being held, one team member must zip-line across the waterfall, then rappel down the ten-storey equivalent Kiansom Waterfall, where they will retrieve their next clue. Teams must also bring along their Travelocity roaming gnome with them throughout the leg.
- Kampung Tompinahaton, Kiulu, Tuaran
- Teams must assemble a bamboo raft and travel across the river and the rapids to the location of their Detour choice.
- Kampung Tombung, Kiulu / Kampung Linsuk, Kiulu
- River Delivery: Teams must deliver goods from the depot to the Kampung Tombung village, where they must give it to the village chief, and ride through the rapids.
- Jungle Run: Teams must join a Murut hunting safari in hitting a toy bird using a blowpipe. If both members successfully hit the bird, they may continue through the rapids.
- Once teams have completed their Detour, they must travel through the river with their bamboo raft, where a river guide will hand them their next clue.
- Tanjung Aru Water Village
- Dave & Connor won a trip for two to Budapest, Hungary for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 4 - Episode 4 (Malaysia)Edit
Title: "Smarter, Not Harder" - Brendon
- Prince Phillip Park, Kota Kinabalu
- Who's got a spring in their step?: One team member must participate in a traditional Lansaran dance, where they must jump on a bamboo trampoline to retrieve the flag of Sabah from above. Once they have caught the flag, they will receive their next clue.
- Flight from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Kuala Lumpur
- The first flight has seating for the first three teams to check in at Kota Kinabalu International Airport, while the remaining five teams will board the second flight which is scheduled to depart 90 minutes after the departure of the first flight.
- Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel - Skybar, Kuala Lumpur
- Mix Master: Teams must learn how to scratch on a DJ table with a coach, then perform in front of a disc jockey and a live audience, where they must make a series of seven record scratches with the satisfaction of the DJ to receive their next clue.
- Master Mix: Teams must create a pyramid out of seven cocktail glasses, then they must pour yellow and red cocktails with a special technique into each glass simultaneously, without any of them mixing together and turning orange, to receive their next clue.
- Batu Caves, Gombak
- Jet & Cord won a trip for two to London, England, United Kingdom for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 5 - Episode 5 (Malaysia → Sri Lanka)Edit
Title: "Can't Make Fish Bite" - Jet
- Flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Kuala Lumpur to Bandaranaike International Airport, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Gangaramaya Temple, Colombo
- Each team member must receive a traditional blessing before receiving their next clue.
- From Fort Railway Station, Colombo to Galle Railway Station, Galle
- King Coconut Stand, Koggala
- Fishing Pole: Teams must fish while sitting on top of traditional fishing stilts, where they must catch one fish each to receive their next clue.
- Spin Control: Teams must learn a traditional Kandyan dance, then perform while spinning a raban with the satisfaction of the lead dancer to receive their next clue.
- Trendy Connections Garment Factory, Colombo
- For the Speed Bump, Brendon & Rachel must apply the final printing of the Sri Lankan flag to fifteen shirts each using silk screening in order to continue racing.
- Who's ready to put the pedal to the metal?: One team member must sew a shirt with the satisfaction of the floor manager in order to receive their next clue, which will be printed on the shirt after the floor manager brings it to the heat transfer machine.
- Colombo Rowing Club, Colombo
- Dave & Connor won US$5,000 each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 6 - Episode 6 (Sri Lanka)Edit
Title: "Down and Dirty" - Flight Time
- Dutch Museum, Colombo
- From Fort Railway Station, Colombo to Alawwa Railway Station, Alawwa
- Ceypetco Fuel Station, Alawwa
- Who's ready to fill 'er up?: One team member will be given a colored paper and search for four tuk-tuks with a paper that has the same color as their paper given stuck to their windshield, they must then fill each tuk-tuk with three litres of gasoline, to receive their next clue.
- From Alawwa Railway Station, Alawwa to Rambukkana Railway Station, Rambukkana
- Millenium Elephant Foundation, Rambukkana
- Trunk: Teams must find six marked logs and tie three of those with chains to an elephant. They must then deliver the logs to a truck to receive their next clue.
- Sheets: Teams must gather elephant manure into a wheelbarrow and transport it to paper milling factory, where they must make five sheets of paper from water and paper scraps to receive their next clue.
- Ambepussa Rest House, Ambepussa
- Teams must search for the "wise man," who will give them their next clue after they watch his flute performance.
- Mount Lavinia Hotel Beach, Mount Lavinia
- Leo & Jamal won a trip for two to Berlin, Germany for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 7 - Episode 7 (Sri Lanka → Italy)Edit
Title: "The Gladiators are Here!" - Jamal
- Flight from Bandaranaike International Airport, Colombo to Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport, Rome, Italy
- Upon opening their first clues, teams must figure out that their next destination, "The Eternal City," is referring to Rome, Italy.
- Hadrian's Bridge, Rome
- Pantheon, Rome and Altare della Patria, Rome
- Caroline & Jennifer must get an Olivetti typewriter at the Pantheon and deliver it to the building it resembled, the Altare della Patria, in order to continue racing.
- Parco del Celio, Rome / Parco del Colle Oppio, Rome
- Gladiator: Teams must learn different sword manoeuvres then fight against a gladiator following they have been thought. Once each member has fought against the gladiator without insubordination from what they have learned, they will receive their next clue.
- Charioteer: Teams must use a radio-controlled chariot, where one team member will control the speed and the other controlling the maneuver, and must complete five laps under 90 seconds to receive their next clue.
- After the Detour, teams must figure out that the "Piazza of John Keats' unhappy Roman Holiday" their clue is directing them to go to is the Piazza di Spagna, where the Spanish Steps is located.
- Piazza di Spagna - Spanish Steps, Rome
- Who can count up the Spanish Steps?: One team member must count the number of steps in the Spanish Steps while climbing the steps, excluding the sidewalk. Once they have reached the top, they must add the total number of steps with the year the Obelisco Sallustiano was built and write it on the postcard they were given in Roman numerals. Once they have gotten the correct answer of MCMXXIV (1,924), a couple impersonating Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck from the romantic comedy film Roman Holiday will give them their next clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams must figure out that their Pit Stop clue, which states "where the race's leg ends, but the Via Flaminia begins," is directing them to go to the Piazza del Popolo.
- Piazza del Popolo, Rome
- Brendon & Rachel won a trip for two to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 8 - Episode 8 (Italy)Edit
Title: "Donkeylicious" - Flight Time
- Civita di Bagnoregio, Bagnoregio
- Donkey Run: Each team member must ride a donkey around a course, where they must complete three laps before the band stops playing their music, to receive their next clue.
- Donkey Build: Teams must assemble a donkey with the satisfaction of the judge, who will add wood if satisfied with their work. They must then deliver the donkey they built to a man dressed as Mister Geppetto from Carlo Collodi's novel The Adventures of Pinocchio, who will give them their next clue.
- Hostaria del Ponte, Bagnoregio
- La Badia di Orvieto, Orvieto
- Who's got the write stuff?: One team member must copy a page's calligraphy and gold leaf out of illuminated manuscript, similar to what monks traditionally do before printing works were invented, with the approval of the monks to receive their next clue.
- From Orvieto Funicular, Orvieto to Piazza del Duomo, Orvieto
- Teams must ride the Orvieto Funicular to the Pit Stop at Piazza del Duomo.
- Piazza del Duomo, Orvieto
- Brendon & Rachel won US$7,500 each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 9 - Episode 9 (Italy → Switzerland)Edit
Title: "Accidental Alliance" - Caroline
- From Roma Termini railway station, Rome to Chiasso railway station, Chiasso, Switzerland
- Tell Monument, Aldorf
- Teams must wait for a William Tell impersonator who will arrive at sunrise and will give them their next clue.
- Chapel Bridge, Lucerne
- Upon opening their clues at Aldorf, teams must figure out that their next destination, the oldest wooden bridge in Europe, is the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne.
- Hotel Schweizerhof, Lucerne
- Teams must wear cleaning staff uniforms and pick up the key of one of the rooms assigned to them that was messed by a rock band's party, which they must clean up in a way that complies with the standards of cleanliness, using an example room as a guide. Once the housekeeper (gouvernante) named Helga is satisfied with their cleanliness, she will give them their next clue.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Lucerne
- Teams must search for a marked artifact inside the museum compound. Once they have found the marked artifact (a giant drill bit used for creating tunnels), they must answer the question about what the artifact was used for. Once they have figured out that it was used for making a tunnel, they will be given their next clue from the asker.
- After answering the question correctly, teams must search around the museum for the Ford Mustang exhibit, where they will find their next clue.
- Once they have located the Ford Mustang, teams must use the number of kilometers in the road signs and the formula written on their clue to calculate for the model year of their chosen Ford Mustang to receive their next clue, which will be given by the president of the Swiss Mustang Club.
- Oberrickenbach, Wolfenschiessen
- Before the Roadblock, teams must search for a milk tanker where they will find a Clue Box containing their next clue.
- Who's ready to be milked to oblivion?: One team member must get a dog and a cart where they must bring two empty milk containers to a dairy farm that is only accessible via one of two gondolas each. Once they have found a farmer, they can exchange their empty containers with containers loaded with milk, which they must bring back to the milk truck to receive their next clue.
- Mount Titlis
- Going to the Pit Stop, teams must ride a gondola from Engelberg to Trübsee, then a Rotair revolving gondola from Trübsee to Mount Titlis.
- Dave & Connor won a 2015 Ford Mustang each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 10 - Episode 10 (Switzerland → Spain)Edit
Title: "Bull Down" - Leo
- Flight from Zurich Airport, Zürich to San Pablo Airport, Seville, Spain
- La Alameda - Statue of Hercules and Julius Caesar, Seville
- Malado Peluqueros, Seville
- Who wants to be a Barber of Seville?: One team member must successfully shave a balloon by removing all the shaving cream applied to the balloon within a minute to receive their next clue from the barber. If they ran out of time, the barber would pop their balloon, forcing them to start all over.
- Real Alcázar, Seville
- Las Teresas Café Bar, Seville
- Caroline & Jennifer must deliver six traditional hams called a jamón ibérico from Real Alcázar to the Las Teresas Café Bar in order to continue racing.
- Museo del Baile Flamenco, Seville / Calle Lope de Rueda, Seville
- Spanish Steps: Teams must learn the steps to a traditional Spanish dance called the Flamenco, then perform with professional dancers with the satisfaction of the judge to receive their next clue.
- Run with the Ballz: Each team member must wear an oversized plastic bull costume, where they must travel through the narrow streets, while being attacked by aggressive men also wearing plastic bull costumes. Along the way, teams must search for signs and decode them to what becomes "A Matador Never Thinks About His Own Death," which they must recite to the matador in order for him to give them their next clue.
- General Archive of the Indies, Seville
- Plaza de España, Seville
- Dave & Connor won a trip for two to Saint Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 11 - Episode 11 (Spain → United Kingdom)Edit
Title: "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" - First and last line of recited Welsh poem
- Train from Seville, Seville Santa Justa railway station to Madrid Aeropuerto T4 Station
- Flight from Madrid,Madrid Barajas Airport to London,England, United Kingdom London Heathrow Airport
- - Liverpool Anfield
- - Wrexham Country Borough,Wales
- (Pontcysyllte Aqueduct)
- - Tattenhall, England Bolesworth Estates
In the Roadblock, One person from each team must remember a verse from a famous Welsh Poem "Y Sipsi"during the 15 minute boat ride. After the 15 minute boat ride, teams have to remember "Y Sipsi without any mistakes. When they say the poem correctly, a linguist will hand them their next clue. Teams have to choose between Shoot It and Boot It. In Shoot It, teams will participate in clay shooting using a 12 gauge shotgun. When they shot 16 clay pigeons, they will get their next clue. In Boot It, teams will participated in boot throwing, They have to find a pair of 9 or 11 Welligton boots. A Wellie official will check they have correct boots before getting their next clue.
- Peckforton Castle, Peckforton
- Dave & Connor won a trip for two to Fiji for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 12 - Episode 12 (United Kingdom → United States)Edit
Title: "Do You Believe In Magic?" - Roadblock clue
- Flight from London, England London Heathrow Airport to Las Vegas, Nevada McCarran International Airport
- North Las Vegas Desert
- MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Neon Museum Boneyard
- The Mirage
- Henderson Maverick Helicopters
In the first roadblock,one member will participate in an illusion with David Copperfield,using the keys provided while digging in the desert. When one member is is unlocking the locks, the other member is watching them a television monitor. When they are done, the other member on Copperfield instruction, they will drop the box into a fire pit with a switch of switches. Copperfield told them they need to get the fire department's help while the other member wearing a firefigher uniform completely unharmed and get their next clue from Copperfield using sleight of hand. In the second roadblock, the other member wearing futuristic jump suit and going into a helicopter. Then they have to look around the Las Vegas Strip to find the location for a sign of the Finish Line and Drop Zone (Aria Resort and Casino) and tell the pilot the location (Las Vegas Motor Speedway). When they inform the pilot, the member will do a 10,000 feet (3,000 meter) free falling into the race track infield and spewing fireworks along the way before reuniting to check in the finish line.
- : Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas
- Dave & Connor won US $1,000,000 for placing 1st in this leg.
- Mark & Mallory
- First all-star team to feature two people from different seasons (Mark is from Season 20, while Mallory is from Seasons 17 and 18).
- Dave & Connor
- First parent/child team to win The Amazing Race.
- Dave, oldest contestant to win The Amazing Race, 59.
- First time the outdoor finish line took place at night.
- Brendon & Rachel
- First team to never be eliminated twice.
- First team to finish twice and make to the finish line.
- The teams that won a leg in this season were dominated within the final five teams.
- Fourth season back to back since Season 21 where no new countries has visited as all the countries visited have been previously visited before. (Season 22 features French Polynesia which is part of oversea territories country of France.)
- Click here for this season's Greeters
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25)