The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) is the twenty-fourth installment of the reality television series, The Amazing Race. The series was renewed on March 27, 2013 for the 2013–14 TV season. This is the second season to have All-Stars subtitle (Season 11 was the first) and the third to feature players from different seasons. This season premiered on February 23, 2014.
- Main article: The Amazing Race 24 Teams
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
- All contestants appeared in a previous season.
|Brendon & Rachel|| Newlyweds|
|Margie & Luke|| Mother/Son|
Seasons 14 & 18
|Caroline & Jennifer|| Country Singers|
|Dave & Connor|| Father/Son|
|Flight Time & Big Easy|| Harlem Globetrotters|
Seasons 15 & 18
|Jet & Cord|| Brothers/Cowboys|
Seasons 16 & 18
|Leo & Jamal|| Cousins|
|Jessica & John|| Engaged|
|Joey & Meghan|| YouTube Hosts|
|Mark & Mallory1|| Team Kentucky|
Seasons 17, 18 & 20
|Natalie & Nadiya|| Twins|
Note 1: At the Starting Line, Phil announced that Bopper was not able to enter the race after his doctor dissuaded him to race due to pancreatitis. He was replaced by Mallory Ervin of Gary & Mallory from Seasons 17 and 18, also from Kentucky, to race with his original partner Mark.
Note 2: Several teams left the pit start of the second leg in a different order than their placements in the previous leg. These teams were:
- Dave & Connor - Arrived 3rd, but departed 4th
- Margie & Luke - Arrived 4th, but departed 3rd
- Jessica & John - Arrived 8th, but departed 9th
- Caroline & Jennifer - Arrived 9th, but departed 10th
- Joey & Meghan - Arrived 10th, but departed 8th
Red = team eliminated.
Orange = non-elimination leg.
Coral = leg number had no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and ordered to continue racing.
Purple = team used the Express Pass.
Blue = team who came in last on an elimination leg was saved by the team with the Salvage Pass.
Fuchsia = team used the Salvage Pass to gain a time advantage.
Green ƒ = team won the Fast Forward.
Yellow > = team used Yield • < = team received Yield.
Brown » = team used U-Turn • Brown « = team received U-Turn.
Gold ∪ = team penalized for Automatic U-Turn.
Blue H = team penalized with a Hazard.
- Click here for this season's Route Map
Legs and EpisodesEdit
Speed Bump · Hazard · Pit Stop · Non-elimination Leg ·
Air travel · Bus · Ferry · Train · Car · Bicycle
Leg 1 - Episode 1 (United States → China)Edit
Title: "Back in the Saddle" - Cord
- Starting Line: Cougar Stadium, College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita, California, United States
- Teams must search for one band member of the UCLA Bruin Marching Band among several others with the Chinese characters of Guangzhou (广州), their first destination, written on the band member's shako using the conductor's shako as their guide. Once they have brought the correct member to Phil, he will give them their first clue, containing their flight tickets to Guangzhou.
- Upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, teams must park their Ford Fusion Energi cars they drove on a marked recharging station.
- Flight from Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles to Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou, China
- Jiangnan Avenue, Guangzhou
- Teams must search for one of three bridal shops that contain their next clue, where each shop contain a limited number of clues making teams go to another. Once they have found a clue, it will instruct them to travel to "the building with the bubbles on top," which is the Canton Tower where a horizontal ferris wheel is located with bubble-like passenger cars.
- Canton Tower, Guangzhou
- Teams must search for several "crystal" passenger cars at the observation deck's horizontal ferris wheel that contain their next clue, which, when found, will tell them to travel to the Haixinsha Stadium located below.
- Haixinsha Stadium, Guangzhou
- Who's feeling wired?: One team member must wear a costume then perform five somersaults while ascending mid-air by wires attached to one of the stadium's towers to receive their next clue.
- Guangzhou Opera House, Guangzhou
- Jet & Cord won two Express Passes (the other must be given to another team before the fifth leg of the race) for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 2 - Episode 2 (China)Edit
Title: "Baby Bear's Soup" - Mark
- Chen Clan Academy, Guangzhou
- Teams must watch a martial arts demonstration where the master will approach them and stamp their next destination on their foreheads, printed in Chinese characters, after watching the demonstration.
- Edaytown, Guangzhou
- Who's the mechanic?: One team member must assemble a motorized toy car with the satisfaction of the toy soldier judge to receive their next clue.
- Guangzhou Children's Activity Center, Guangzhou
- Teams must bring the motorized toy car that they assembled at the Roadblock to the Guangzhou Children's Activity Center. Once they have delivered the motorized toy car, they will receive their next clue.
- Liwanhu Park, Guangzhou / Sauna Center, Guangzhou
- Featherball: Teams must play a traditional Asian game similar to hackeysack called "Jiànzi" where they must join a group and make ten consecutive volleys of a shuttlecock in order to receive their next clue.
- China Cup: Teams must experience a traditional Chinese cupping therapy to receive their next clue.
- Shamian Island Promenade, Guangzhou
- Brendon & Rachel won US$2,500 each for placing 1st in this leg.
Leg 3 - Episode 3 (China → Malaysia)Edit
Title: "Welcome to the Jungle"
- During the second leg, a total of 7 teams got to the pit stop near the same time. Brandon & Rachel got there first, followed by Margie & Luke, Caroline & Jennifer, Dave & Connor, Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord, and the moment ended when Leo & Jamal got there 7th and they all watched as each other teams checked in. This also confused Phil, who mixed up Dave & Connor's and Flight Time & Big Easy's placements.
- Mallory forgetting Mark's backpack, causing their elimination on leg 2.
- Brendon & Rachel winning their first ever leg.
- Mark & Mallory
- First all-star team to feature two people from different seasons (Mark is from Season 20, while Mallory is from Seasons 17 and 18).
- Click here for this season's Greeters
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24)