|Tara & Wil|
|Members|| Tara Lynch|
|Age|| 31 (Tara)|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Home furniture designer|
Tara Lynch and Wil Steger are a team of Separated Couple on the 2nd season of The Amazing Race.
Tara and Wil met five years ago on what Tara calls "a blind date from hell." They travel together frequently, and usually get along quite well, disagreeing mostly on financial issues. According to Wil, the best aspect of traveling with Tara is that they both know what they are doing; the worst aspect is that "Tara has to eat vegetarian."
The pair decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they are business partners. Wil thinks the experience might bring them closer together, but Tara has a slightly different take: "Our relationship is so screwed up, I don't think it will affect it either way."
The Amazing Race 2Edit
|Tara & Wil's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Tara||3 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Wil||2 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Tara||2 of 8|
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Wil||3 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Wil||5 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Wishing Tree / Herbal Tea||Chris||3 of 6|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Wil||4 of 5|||
|9||Australia||Cool Down / Heat Up||Tara||3 of 5|
|9||10||Australia → New Zealand||Quick Jump / Long Hike||Wil||2 of 4|
|10||11||New Zealand||Used Fast Forward||1 of 4►|
|11||12||New Zealand → United States||Bike / Walk||Wil||1 of 3|||
|13||United States||No Detour||Wil||2 of 3|
1: Wil did the Roadblock incorrectly and had to redo the task.
2: Tara & Wil initially arrived 2nd, but were given a 1-minute credit due to a minor production difficulty. This allowed them to tie for first with Blake & Paige, and were also given the prize for winning the leg as a result.
- After the race, Wil stated that due to the fact that he and Tara were complete opposites, their divorce would be finalized but they remain friends and business partners.
- According to Wil, he and Tara only had found out they were still legally married after the producers did a background check. The couple had believed the monk (that officiated their wedding in 1999) had never turned in their papers as the couple "broke-up" only a few weeks later.
- First team to win the first leg of the race without using the Fast Forward.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20051218023745/http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1929.art&page=1
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=269
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|