|Susan & Patrick|
|Members|| Susan Vaughn|
|Age|| 54 (Susan)|
|Occupation|| Director for Judicial Affairs (Susan)|
|Roadblock Count|| Susan: 1|
Susan Vaughn and Patrick Vaughn are a Mother/Son team on the 7th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Susan & Patrick are the first mother/son Team in the history of THE AMAZING RACE. Susan is from Hamilton, Ohio and Patrick lives in Hollywood, California. Susan is the Director for Judicial Affairs for Miami University in Ohio and Patrick is a writer. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to see the world with each other and have stories to share for the rest of their lives.
Susan has been married to Patrick's father for 34 years and also has a daughter, Elizabeth. She earned her college degree as a "non-traditional" student, since she was a mother at the time. She enjoys shopping, gardening and traveling and describes herself as stylish, demanding and prepared.
Patrick says he is extremely close with this family, and they've always been very supportive of him, including when he told them he was gay. However, his mother disagreed with his decision to drop out of college (Miami U) 30 credits shy of his degree. Patrick describes himself as Machiavellian and strategic.
Both are avid fans of the show and watch it religiously. As Susan tells it, "We want to play! He is the competitive one, and we are the perfect Team!"
The Amazing Race 7
|Susan & Patrick's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||2 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Susan||8 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Patrick||8 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Patrick||8 of 8|
- Patrick's dislike towards Rob & Amber continued which resulted in a very disparaging letter sent to them in Leg 4 (of the Roadblock) on All-Stars.
- First mother/son team.
- Oldest mother/son team, 40.
- Lowest average placing mother/son team, 6.5
- Only mother/son team to never win a leg.
- CBS.com featured them for a Mother's Day Celebration slideshow in 2015.
- Cynthia Wang at People (03/24/2005): "The Amazing Race's Susan and Patrick"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (03/25/2005): "Why This Amazing Racer Hates Rob"
Social Media Profiles
- Susan's Facebook: /susan.vaughn.520
- Patrick's Facebook: /ilovepatrickvaughn
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|