|Steve & Allie|
|Members|| Steven Smith|
|Birth Dates|| (Steve)July 21, 1952|
|Occupation|| Major League Baseball Coach (Steve)|
|Roadblock Count|| Steve: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
Steve Smith and Allie Smith are a Father/Daughter team on The Amazing Race 16.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 57
- Hometown: Encinitas, California
- Connection to your Teammate: Father
- Current Occupation: Professional Baseball Coach (Cleveland Indians), World Series Champion Coach (2008 Philadelphia Phillies)
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She's a very talented person but occasionally lacks the confidence in her God-given abilities
- Favorite Hobbies: Golfing, swimming and working out
- Achievements: Getting my degree, getting married, having my kids and winning the World Series
- Lifelong to do List: Continue to enjoy life
- If I could switch places with someone: My son Garrett who is living the good life in college
- Role Model/Hero: My Mom and Dad who are still living life to the fullest
- What are you passionate about? My family
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would treat each of my family members and friends to something special
- People would be surprised to learn: It took me 20 years in professional baseball before I finally made it to the big leagues
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Encinitas. That's why I live here
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Not getting lost because we tend to get lost in our own neighborhood
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Making memories with my daughter that will last forever
- Age: 23
- Hometown: Encinitas. California
- Connection to your Teammate: Daughter
- Current Occupation: Marketing
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He's always late and likes to embarrass me
- Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, dancing and golf
- Achievements: Receiving my B.A. from Pepperdine University in Public Relations
- Lifelong to do List: Find a job that I'm passionate about, create new adventures every day, get married and have a family
- If I could switch places with someone: Phil Keoghan. Talk about a job I'd be passionate about
- Role Model/Hero: My parents. My mom is the backbone of our family and such a strong woman. My Dad encourages me to pursue my dreams everyday
- What are you passionate about? My relationship with God, Pepperdine, baseball, golf, dance, traveling the world, spending time with family and friends and fantasy football
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Do some traveling and invest it for my future
- People would be surprised to learn: My father is a World Series-winning professional baseball coach, but during the only year I played baseball (8th grade) I made it to first base once and was promptly picked off
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Malibu—I have amazing memories there
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Not having mom around. She does everything for us
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To meet all kinds of people around the world and have tons of fun with my Dad. I'm planning to have THE AMAZING RACE theme song as the Father/Daughter dance at my wedding
The Amazing Race 16
|Steve & Allie's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Allie||4 of 11|
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Steve||7 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Horse Sense / Horse Power||Steve||2 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Germany||Soccer / Sauerkraut||Allie||2 of 8|
|5||5||Germany → France||In the Trenches / Under Fire||No Roadblock||2 of 8|
|6||6||France||Tower / Terra||Steve||3 of 7|
|7||7||France → Seychelles||Turtle Toddle / Ox Trot||Steve||1 of 6|
|8||8||Seychelles → Malaysia||Buddhist Tradition / Chinese Custom||Allie||6 of 6|
- Steve's Wikipedia page: Steve_Smith_(infielder)
- Dan Bennett at North County Times (03/14/2010): "Steve and Allie enjoy the battle"
- Tom Withers at USA Today (03/19/2010): "Father-Daughter Time, With $1 Million at Stake"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (04/06/2010): "Elimination Hard to Swallow"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (04/06/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Steve and Allie from The Amazing Race"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (04/06/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Steve and Allie Smith"
- Digital Spy (04/06/2010): "Steve and Allie Smith chat about their time on The Amazing Race."
- Carrie Bell at People.com (04/07/2010): "Steve and Allie Blame Lost Taxi for Elimination"
- Reality TV World (04/08/2010): "Exclusive: Steve Smith and Allie Smith talk"
Social Media Profiles
- Allie's Facebook: /allielynmunson
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|