|Steph & Kristen|
|Members|| Steph LeClair|
|Age|| 27 (Steph)|
|Occupation|| Lawyer (Steph)|
Sales Account Executive (Kristen)
|Roadblock Count|| Steph: 7|
Steph LeClair and Kristen McKenzie are a Dating team on the fourth season of the The Amazing Race Canada.
Retrieved from CTV.com
- Age: 27
- Occupation: Lawyer
- Current City: Toronto
- Hometown: Kitchener, Ont.
- Strengths: Athletic, problem solving, and quick thinker
- Fears/Phobia: Snakes
- Favourite Travel Destination: Aruba
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "When she doesn't put her clothes away and when she gives me the silent treatment."
- How did you train for the Race? -We kept up with our consistent workout schedule, re-watched Seasons 2 and 3 of 'The Amazing Race Canada,' tried running a few times with weighted backpacks and I learned how to drive stick!
- What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Win the 'The Amazing Race Canada.' (Steph)
- Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? - We tried to pick clothes that are sporty, super comfortable, but also cute at the same time. (Steph)
- Age: 25
- Occupation: Sales Account Executive
- Current City: Toronto
- Hometown: Guelph, Ont.
- Strengths: Endurance, quick learner, and attention to detail
- Fears/Phobia: Sharks
- Favourite Travel Destination: Costa Rica
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "Sometimes she needs to know too many details, like about how my day was, exactly how many meetings I had, and what I had for lunch!"
- What's one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? - A stylist to give me that 'I woke up like this' look every AM. I'm going to need all the help I can get.
- What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Win 'The Amazing Race Canada.
- How did you choose your team colour? - We don't typically wear a ton of colour in our everyday lives, so we tried our best to pick up some colourful tops.
Steph and Kristen are former varsity softball athletes who have played at university and provincial levels, so it goes without saying that they're tough, focused on winning, and work well as a team. This couple met years ago, but with Kristen on a scholarship in Pittsburgh and Steph in Detroit, it wasn't until they reconnected after university that the sparks began to fly. At first, they were forced into a long distance relationship for over a year. It didn't take long, however, for Kristen to persuade Steph to move to Toronto after she graduated from law school.
These two are competitive by nature and plan to use their athletic skills in the race. They can play as a team, but know it is just as imperative to sometimes step up to the plate alone and hit it out of the park.
Steph and Kristen hope to prove that two women can win "The Amazing Race Canada" and would use the prize money to invest in a property together. Steph would also pay off her law school debt and Kristen would use the financial freedom to discover her true passions and pursue them.
- Motto: "She's always right"
- If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? We're Not Sisters
- Walk on song: "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" – Starship
- Team they most associate with from previous seasons: Natalie and Meaghan
- If you could be an animal what would you be?
- Steph: Dog
- Kristen: Dog
The Amazing Race Canada 4
|Steph & Kristen's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Northwest Territories → Alberta||No Detour||Steph||2 of 10|||
|2||2||Alberta||Sim / Swim||Kristen||6 of 9|
|3||3||Alberta → Vietnam||Vibrate / Hydrate||Steph||2 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Flip Flop / V-Pop||Kristen||2 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → British Columbia||No Detour||Kristen||1 of 7|||
|6||6||British Columbia → Ontario||Dry Dock / Art Rock||Steph||1 of 6|
|7||7||Ontario||On the Field / Offshore||Kristen||1 of 6⊂|||
|9||8||Ontario → Cuba||Sugar / Shake||Steph||3 of 5|
|10||9||Cuba → Nova Scotia||Feel the Rhythm / Feel the Burn||No Roadblock||2 of 5⊂|
|11||10||Nova Scotia → New Brunswick||1867 / 1879||Steph||1 of 4|
|12||11||New Brunswick → Quebec||No Detour||Steph||1 of 3|||
1: Leg 1 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to do perform the second one.
2: Leg 5 also had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to do perform the second one.
3: Steph & Kristen had not used their Express Pass by the deadline at the end of the 7th leg and were required to hand it to Jon at the Pit Stop.
4: Leg 11 also had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to do perform the second one.
- Each week throughout Season 5, Steph & Kristen were featured in a Backseat Drivers video series in the extra clips, in which they discussed their reactions and thoughts on each episode while driving, sometimes with a guest past team from each of the previous 4 seasons in the back seat. The guest teams were:
- Part of the grand prize of Season 4 was the winning teams' choice of any of the Chevrolet vehicles driven during the Race. At the reunion show, both chose the Colorado trucks from Leg 1
- Steph & Kristen are the first lesbian team to win a leg.
- The second team to not use an Express Pass without being eliminated (after Lincoln & Tiến Đạt)
- First lesbian team to reach the final leg of the race.
- First lesbian team to win the race.
- Highest racing average of an all-female team who won the race at 2.00.
- First women to win The Amazing Race Canada.
- Highest racing average of any team who won the race at 2.00 (Tied with Sam & Paul).
- Steph's Twitter: @sleclair09
- Kristen's Twitter: @krlstenmckenzie
- Kristen's Instagram: /kristen_mckenzie
|The Amazing Race Canada 4 Teams|