|Shelley & Nici|
|Roadblock Count:|| Shelley: 2|
|Countries Raced:|| |
Long time fans of The Amazing Race, it was their dream to be on the show. However, their relationship dynamic was particularly volatile; having heated arguments in Denmark, only to reconcile and be caring towards each other the next leg in Morocco. Nici's frequent meltdowns, coupled with Shelley's aggressive gameplay, turned them into one of the most divisive teams of the season. Though they were eliminated in 7th place due to getting lost driving around in Morocco, Phil noted that they still managed to resolve some of their relationship issues.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Shelley Porter
- Age: 42
- Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
- Connection to your teammate: Mother
- Current occupation: Flight attendant
- Describe what you do: I get paid to travel around the world and look pretty while doing it. In an emergency I'm also responsible for saving you.
- 3 words to describe you: Outgoing (usually the life of the party), Confident (I know I can do anything I set my mind to) and persuasive (I can get you to do it my way).
- Favorite hobbies: I love reading trashy historical novels, taking long drives to nowhere with my husband and family game nights either at home or at a local bowling alley.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I'm extremely proud of raising children that 1, don't receive therapy and 2, still actively seek out my company.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Wanda Sykes. She has no filter and says what she thinks.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Angelica Pickles. Drama queen with a lot of attitude.
- What scares you most about traveling? Even prior to becoming a flight attendant our family traveled frequently. Nothing scares me about traveling. I LOVE IT!
- What excites you most about traveling? New sights, sounds, people, food and the adventure of learning your way around some place new.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Hopefully communicate better.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She likes to take pictures of her poop and text them to us (family).
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit just about every country in the world because it helps you appreciate our differences culturally and makes you a more well-rounded and empathetic person.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Experience new and difficult challenges that will leave us with lasting memories.
- Age: 24
- Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
- Connection to your teammate: Daughter
- Current occupation: Flight Attendant
- Describe what you do: A flight attendant's primary responsibility is to make sure safety regulations on airplanes are followed. They also do what they can to make sure passages are comfortable.
- 3 words to describe you: Vivacious, human megaphone and competitive.
- Favorite hobbies: Exercising, dancing and traveling.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating from the Military's intelligence school with only an 11% pass rate.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Angelica Pickles
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cruella de Vil
- What scares you most about traveling? No longer being able to travel.
- What excites you most about traveling? New experiences, environments and opportunity.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Complete the transformation for her to see me as a mature equal.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She thinks she's always right.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia, because I want to see a real live kangaroo.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? New and interesting challenges to draw us closer together, solidifying our already unbreakable bond.
The Amazing Race 25
|Shelley & Nici's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → U.S. Virgin Islands||No Detour||Shelley||8 of 11|
|2||2||U.S. Virgin Islands → United Kingdom||About Face / Pancake Race||No Roadblock||9 of 10|
|3||3||United Kingdom||Pony Up / Light My Fire||No Roadblock||4 of 9|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark||Parking Space / Wedding Cake||Nici||6 of 8|
|5||5||Denmark → Morocco||Twirl Time / Tea Time||Nici||4 of 8⊂|
|6||6||Morocco||Camp / Cream||Shelley||7 of 7|
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (11/04/2014): "Shelley on "Horrible Mistake," U-Turn Karma and Nici's Pee Problem"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (11/04/2014): "Exit Interview with Shelley Porter from the Amazing Race 25"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (11/04/2014): "Exclusive: Shelley Porter talks The Amazing Race" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (11/04/2014): "Elimination Interview: Shelley and Nici"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (11/07/2014): "Mother and daughter team Shelley and Nici say 'Amazing Race' brought them closer"
Social Media Profiles
- Shelley & Nici's Facebook: /shelleyandnici
- Shelley's Twitter: @Overwingexit
- Nici's Twitter: @PrettyEyesRTB
|The Amazing Race 25 Teams|