|Rowan & Shane|
|Members|| Rowan Joseph|
|Age|| 56 (Rowan)|
|Hometown||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Roadblock Count|| Rowan: 2|
Rowan Joseph and Shane Partlow are a team of Theater performers on the 23rd season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 56
- Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
- Connection to your teammate: Best friend and business partner
- Current occupation: Actor, Producer, Director and Voiceover Artist
- Describe what you do: Tour the U.S and Canada as an actor in the stage comedy "The Queen of Bingo," the longest-running, Actor's Equity Association (non-musical) touring production in the country; as well as playing small roles on TV and in films. I also work as a voiceover artist, including serving as the imaging voice for WRFK 89.3-fm in Baton Rouge, LA, part of the NPR Digital Network. Along with Shane Partlow, I own and operate two production companies, Theatre A Go-Go, Inc. (Theatre) and Greenwood Hill Productions (Film & TV).
- 3 words to describe you: Funny, generous, stubborn.
- Favorite hobbies: Traveling, camping and hanging out with my dog "Obe" - trust me it's a hobby.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Producing and directing the anti-war film "Dalton Trumbo's Johnny Got His Gun" starring Ben McKenzie.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Eric Stonestreet from "Modern Family," Lou Costello from "Abbott and Costello" and Nathan Lane.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Stan Laurel (from Laurel and Hardy) and Don Knotts ("Barney Fife" from The Andy Griffith Show).
- What scares you most about traveling? Snakes and tired stewardesses.
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places I never even imagined, learning from and experiencing new things, adventures!
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Hopefully get him to listen better and think before he speaks! Getting him to admit he made a mistake on camera would be worth the trip!
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Chewing with his mouth open, and he is too neat and organized, which could actually be good in this instance.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Vatican City would be amazing! Venice canals, the Coliseum, Pompeii would be awesome, the Amalfi coast – anywhere in Italy really.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? More fun stories and adventures, traveling to new places and meeting people of different cultures, learning ideas, laughing a lot and making other people laugh a lot too.
- Age: 47
- Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
- Connection to your teammate: Best Friend and Business Partner
- Current occupation: Actor/ Producer
- Describe what you do: I have been touring the USA and Canada as an actor in a show called "The Queen of Bingo" for the last 10 years, playing the senior citizen, "Sis", the older sister in the play. When not touring, I play small roles on TV and in films. Along with Rowan Joseph, I own and run the production end of Theatre A Go-Go, Inc.
- 3 words to describe you: Optimistic, loving, funny.
- Favorite hobbies: Running (7 miles, 5 days a week), water/snow skiing, Venus flytraps.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Learning to trick rope from my Dad and perfecting the skill.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? A cross between Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) before the accident, Jon Cryer and Keith Carradine.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A cross between Nathan Lane and Lou Costello.
- What scares you most about traveling? Bed bugs and hotel bedspreads.
- What excites you most about traveling? People! I just really love people. How boring it would be if we were all the same. I love going to a place I have only heard about or seen pictures of, big or small.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Listening to me more and not being stubborn. I think this is a Scorpio thing.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sneezes more than any person I know and is always in the bathroom (I guess getting tissues because he is always sneezing).
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? New Zealand would be great just because I hear how beautiful it is, Russia would be very interesting, and I would really enjoy Australia and seeing wild kangaroos.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Go to new places and meeting new people in different cultures with different ideas. And even if I don't speak the language, still having fun trying to make the natives laugh.
The Amazing Race 23
|Rowan & Shane's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Shane||3 of 11|||
|2||2||Chile||Brining / Mining||Rowan||10 of 10|
1: Leg 1 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/07/2013): "No Regrets on Huge Mistake"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/07/2013): "Elimination Interview: Rowan and Shane"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (10/07/2013): "Exclusive - Rowan Joseph and Shane Partlow talk 'The Amazing Race" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/09/2013): "The Amazing Race 23: Exclusive Interview with Rowan Joseph and Shane Partlow"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/10/2013): "Despite a string of bad luck on 'The Amazing Race,' Rowan and Shane say they never gave up"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/13/2013): "Queen of Bingo stars discuss their 'Race' demise"
Social Media Profiles
- Rowan & Shane's Twitter: @shaneandrowan
|The Amazing Race 23 Teams|