|Ron & Tony|
|Teammates|| Ron Kellum|
Ron Kellum and Tony Stovall are a team of Best Friends on the 17th season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 45
- Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Connection to your Teammate: Best Friend
- Current occupation: Director/Choreographer
- Favorite hobbies: Working out, skiing, golfing and dinners with friends
- Achievements: My biggest achievement came when I was cast in my first Broadway show, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and writing my first book The Gypsy's Survival Guide to Show-Business.
- Lifelong to do list: One day I would like to do outreach work in Africa, host an entertainment show, open a theater and travel the world.
- What scares you most about traveling? Being in another country when there is a terrorist attack
- What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing the world in new ways and discovering new cultures, people and food
- If I could switch places with someone: I'm blessed with an amazing life and love my work and family. I wouldn't want to switch places with anyone, but there are many people that I admire and respect. They inspire me to strive to reach my goals.
- Role model/hero: My mother is my role model and my father is my hero.
- What are you passionate about? Helping actors and performers discover their dreams. Equal rights and equality for all.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Assist my family, make a donation to my church and invest the rest.
- People would be surprised to learn: I'm a pretty quiet person when I'm not working and I have a deep faith in God.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Serra Cafema Namibia in Africa
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Because of our size differences, the physical challenges may be our Team's biggest hurdles.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? It will be a dream come true for both of us to run the race together. It will be an amazing opportunity to see and discover parts of the world I would never be able to experience.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: I can't reach him because he is always on the phone.
- Age: 42
- Hometown: Tucson, Ariz.
- Connection to your Teammate: Best friend
- Current occupation: Doctoral Student at the University of Arizona
- Favorite hobbies: Reading, traveling and screenwriting
- Achievements: Getting my MBA
- Lifelong to do list: Ultimately I would like to get a PhD (the journey has begun), become a professor, visit the three continents I haven't been to, skydive and read War & Peace.
- What scares you most about traveling? Political unrest in some places in the world scares me.
- What excites you most about traveling? The idea of experiencing different cultures is what excites me most about traveling. I'm fascinated with people so any chance I get to experience others is great.
- If I could switch places with someone: President Obama (but only for a day or so - I think the stress would kill me)
- Role model/hero: My parents
- What are you passionate about? I'm most passionate about learning, my family and friends and new adventures
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Pay off my school loans, give a little to charity (that includes my family - charity begins at home), visit the three continents I haven't visited and invest the rest.
- People would be surprised to learn: I like country music.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: China and Southern Africa
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating clearly and calmly with one another will be a challenge for us on the Race.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I think the race will bring us closer together. It will help us to solidify our friendship and give us another amazing adventure together. We are eager for an adventure of a lifetime.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He's ALWAYS on the phone.
- Leg 1: 11th (24-hour penalty; eliminated)
- They were the first team to make the earliest flight, but fell rapidly to the back of the pack when they got hoplessly lost in England, resulting their elimination.
- Oldest male team to be the first team to be eliminated from the race, 43.5
- First male team with an age average of over 40 to finish in 11th place (followed by Ron & Bill).
- Lowest average placing male team with an age average of over 40, 11.
- Lowest average placing male team to finish in 11th place, 11 (tied with Avi & Joe, Ryan & Chuck, John & Scott, Paul & Nash, and Sandro & Daniel)
- Lowest average placing team, 11.
- Lowest average placing team who didn't earn a spot in the final three, 11.
- First team to be eliminated.
- Oldest team, 43.5
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23)
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|