|Ron & Tony|
|Members|| Ron Kellum|
|Age|| 45 (Ron)|
|Hometown|| Los Angeles, California (Ron)|
Tucson, Arizona (Tony)
|Occupation|| Director/Choreographer (Ron)|
Doctoral Student (Tony)
|Roadblock Count|| Ron: 1|
Ron Kellum and Tony Stovall are a team of Best Friends on the 17th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 45
- Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Connection to your Teammate: Best Friend
- Current occupation: Director/Choreographer
- Favorite hobbies: Working out, skiing, golfing and dinners with friends
- Achievements: My biggest achievement came when I was cast in my first Broadway show, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and writing my first book The Gypsy's Survival Guide to Show-Business.
- Lifelong to do list: One day I would like to do outreach work in Africa, host an entertainment show, open a theater and travel the world.
- What scares you most about traveling? Being in another country when there is a terrorist attack
- What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing the world in new ways and discovering new cultures, people and food
- If I could switch places with someone: I'm blessed with an amazing life and love my work and family. I wouldn't want to switch places with anyone, but there are many people that I admire and respect. They inspire me to strive to reach my goals.
- Role model/hero: My mother is my role model and my father is my hero.
- What are you passionate about? Helping actors and performers discover their dreams. Equal rights and equality for all.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Assist my family, make a donation to my church and invest the rest.
- People would be surprised to learn: I'm a pretty quiet person when I'm not working and I have a deep faith in God.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Serra Cafema Namibia in Africa
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Because of our size differences, the physical challenges may be our Team's biggest hurdles.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? It will be a dream come true for both of us to run the race together. It will be an amazing opportunity to see and discover parts of the world I would never be able to experience.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: I can't reach him because he is always on the phone.
- Age: 42
- Hometown: Tucson, Ariz.
- Connection to your Teammate: Best friend
- Current occupation: Doctoral Student at the University of Arizona
- Favorite hobbies: Reading, traveling and screenwriting
- Achievements: Getting my MBA
- Lifelong to do list: Ultimately I would like to get a PhD (the journey has begun), become a professor, visit the three continents I haven't been to, skydive and read War & Peace.
- What scares you most about traveling? Political unrest in some places in the world scares me.
- What excites you most about traveling? The idea of experiencing different cultures is what excites me most about traveling. I'm fascinated with people so any chance I get to experience others is great.
- If I could switch places with someone: President Obama (but only for a day or so - I think the stress would kill me)
- Role model/hero: My parents
- What are you passionate about? I'm most passionate about learning, my family and friends and new adventures
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Pay off my school loans, give a little to charity (that includes my family - charity begins at home), visit the three continents I haven't visited and invest the rest.
- People would be surprised to learn: I like country music.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: China and Southern Africa
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating clearly and calmly with one another will be a challenge for us on the Race.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I think the race will bring us closer together. It will help us to solidify our friendship and give us another amazing adventure together. We are eager for an adventure of a lifetime.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He's ALWAYS on the phone.
The Amazing Race 17
|Ron & Tony's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → United Kingdom||No Detour||Ron||11 of 11|||
1: Ron & Tony incurred a 24-hour penalty for quitting the coracle task. However, since Ron & Tony arrived at the Pit Stop in last place, they were eliminated without the penalty being applied.
2: While neither Ron nor Tony was shown performing the Roadblock in Leg 1, the official website lists Ron as the team member who completed the task.
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (09/28/2010): "We Were on a Motorway That Had No Exits for 25 Miles"
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|