|Ron & Christina|
|Teammates|| Ronald "Ron" Hsu|
- Age: 58 (Season 12), 61 (Unfinished Business)
- Hometown: Seattle, Washington
- Age: 26 (Season 12), 29 (Unfinished Business)
- Hometown: Washington, DC
Ronald & Christina are a father/daughter Team who are competing in the Race to make up for lost time. Since Ronald was constantly traveling for work throughout much of his daughter's formative years, Christina hopes the Race will allow her father--a self-proclaimed workaholic--to stop and smell the roses and provide them with some meaningful time together.
Ronald, a first-generation immigrant and eldest of five, works as a Vice President of sales for a paper packaging company. His proudest achievements are his thirty-one years of marriage and raising two independent daughters. Christina is Ronald's youngest daughter and holds degrees from both Duke and Princeton. She once served in the State Department and often wishes her Teammate could be as diplomatic as she.
Neither are strangers to the unpredictability of international travel as they have both lived and worked abroad. Ronald describes himself as inquisitive and open-minded, while Christina describes herself as loyal and adventurous. This father/daughter duo is excited to grow closer, make friends across continents and create Race history by being the first father/daughter Team to claim the $1 million prize.
- Leg 1: 7th
- Leg 2: 9th
- Ron snipes at Christina about dissecting their decisions at the Detour.
- Christina finally snapped by telling him he's hard on her and hurting her feelings and implored him to change.
- Ron agreed and promised to change his behavior.
- Arrived at the pit stop in 9th.
- At the pit stop, Ron felt regretful about his behavior.
- Leg 3: 5th
- Leg 4: 3rd
- Didn't show creativity and were issued a 10-minute penalty.
- Leg 5: 3rd
- Leg 6: 1st
- Leg 7: 3rd
- Leg 8: 3rd
- Leg 9: 1st
- Leg 10: 1st
- Leg 11: 2nd
- Leg 1: 8th
- Leg 2: 10th
- Leg 3: 3rd
- Leg 4: 4th
- Leg 5: 7th
- Leg 6: 3rd
- Leg 7: 7th (Eliminated)
- On Leg 2, they butted heads with each other over Ron's behavior.
- Finished in 2nd because Christina had trouble at the Roadblock.
- Eliminated because Ron got lost on his way at the Roadblock.
- First parent-child team ever to reach the final three.
- Highest finish by a parent-child team, 2nd.
- First Asian-American team to reach the final three.
- First father/daughter team to win a leg.
- Oldest father/daughter team to win a leg.
- Most leg won by a parent/child team in a Season, 3 legs (tied with Margie & Luke and Gary & Mallory).
- Oldest father/daughter team, 42.
- Oldest male/female team, 42.
- Most legs won, 3 legs (tied with TK & Rachel and Azaria & Hendekea).
- Only team to not check in last at a pit stop and the finish line.
- Oldest male/female team, 45.
- In an episode of the Unfinished Business season, Christina revealed that she was engaged to fellow Amazing Race 12 contestant Azaria. They married in 2011 and later had a child together.
- “I let you loose on this thing and you basically disappointed me.”— Ron to Christina in Leg 2.
- “You're hard on me! Do you just know that!? Constantly, again and again, one after another, it's like punch after punch after punch! You really need to change that about yourself”— Christina scolding her father for his behavior in Leg 2
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24)
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Sardinia!