|Ron & Christina|
|Members|| Ronald "Ron" Hsu|
|Age|| 58, 61 (Ron)|
26, 29 (Christina)
|Hometown|| Seattle, WA (Ron)|
Washington, DC (Christina)
|Occupation|| Vice President of Sales (Ron)|
Policy Analyst; Consultant (Christina)
Season 12 Edit
Ronald & Christina are a father/daughter Team who are competing in the Race to make up for lost time. Since Ronald was constantly traveling for work throughout much of his daughter's formative years, Christina hopes the Race will allow her father—a self-proclaimed workaholic—to stop and smell the roses and provide them with some meaningful time together.
Ronald, a first-generation immigrant and eldest of five, works as a Vice President of sales for a paper packaging company. His proudest achievements are his thirty-one years of marriage and raising two independent daughters. Christina is Ronald's youngest daughter and holds degrees from both Duke and Princeton. She once served in the State Department and often wishes her Teammate could be as diplomatic as she.
Neither are strangers to the unpredictability of international travel as they have both lived and worked abroad. Ronald describes himself as inquisitive and open-minded, while Christina describes herself as loyal and adventurous. This father/daughter duo is excited to grow closer, make friends across continents and create Race history by being the first father/daughter Team to claim the $1 million prize.
Unfinished Business Edit
- Age: 58 (Season 12); 61 (Unfinished Business)
- Hometown: Tacoma, Wash
- Connection to your Teammate: Father
- Current Occupation: Vice President
- Previous Season/Result: Season 12/2nd place
- Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not being uplifting.
- Most memorable moment from your first Race: In Croatia when we conquered our fear of heights and came in first.
- Favorite place you visited on your first season: Croatia because it was so beautiful along the Adriatic Sea. I want to have a second honeymoon with my wife there.
- Why do you want to run the Race again? When else do you have an opportunity to travel around the world like this?
- How have you changed since the last time you competed? I've gotten grayer and wiser.
- What are you passionate about? My family.
- People would be surprised to learn: I make the most delicious and nutritious smoothies.
- One location that you hope to go on this adventure: St. Petersburg, Russia—for its great Hermitage museum
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I had back surgery last year so I cannot run as fast as the younger racers. It may be a struggle to keep up with them.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to have a great time with my daughter before she gets married.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Her navigation skills are shaky.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Retire. I also want to write a book about my parents walking on foot over 800 miles in the winter of 1947 to escape from the civil war in Northern China.
- Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I will be more uplifting to my teammate.
- Age: 26 (Season 12), 29 (Unfinished Business)
- Hometown: Wash., D.C.
- Connection to your Teammate: Daughter
- Current Occupation: Consultant
- Previous Season/Result: Season 12/2nd place
- Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not taking a deep breath at the final Road Block in Alaska.
- Most memorable moment from your first Race: Milking a camel in Burkina Faso and drinking the camel's milk.
- Favorite place you visited on your first season: I'll never forget zip lining 200 feet into the Adriatic Sea in Croatia.
- Why do you want to run the Race again? It's a second-in-a-lifetime chance to see the world!
- How have you changed since the last time you competed? I've gained a lot more perspective on what is important in life and became happier.
- What are you passionate about? Family, friends and contributing to the local community
- People would be surprised to learn: I completed my first triathlon last year.
- One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Machu Picchu in Peru because that is where my fiance and I would like to travel.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Completing physically exhaustive tasks while sleep deprived.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): To enjoy the moment with my dad and worry less about the outcome.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad snores.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I want to adopt a Labrador Retriever and buy a house.
- Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I'm going to relax and keep everything in perspective.
The Amazing Race 12Edit
Race History Edit
- Leg 1: 7th
- Leg 2: 9th
- Ron snipes at Christina about dissecting their decisions at the Detour.
- Christina finally snapped by telling him he's hard on her and hurting her feelings and implored him to change.
- Ron agreed and promised to change his behavior.
- Arrived at the pit stop in 9th.
- At the pit stop, Ron felt regretful about how he treated his daughter.
- Leg 3: 5th
- Leg 4: 3rd
- Showed too little creativity and were issued a 10-minute penalty.
- Leg 5: 3rd
- Leg 6: 1st
- Leg 7: 3rd
- Leg 8: 3rd
- Leg 9: 1st
- Leg 10: 1st
- Leg 11: 2nd
The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished BusinessEdit
Race History Edit
- Leg 1: 8th
- Leg 2: 10th
- Leg 3: 3rd
- Leg 4: 4th
- Leg 5: 7th
- Leg 6: 3rd
- Leg 7: 7th (Eliminated)
- In an episode of the Unfinished Business season, Christina revealed that she was engaged to fellow Amazing Race 12 contestant Azaria. They married in 2011 and later had a child together.
- First Parent/Child team to reach the final three
- First Asian-American team to reach the final three
- Highest placing Father/Daughter team, 2nd Place
- “I let you loose on this thing and you basically disappointed me.”— Ron to Christina in Leg 2.
- “You're hard on me! Do you just know that!? Constantly, again and again, one after another, it's like punch after punch after punch! You really need to change that about yourself”— Christina scolding her father for his behavior in Leg 2
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27)
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|