|Rob & Sheila|
|Members|| Rob Scheer|
|Birth Dates||January 4, 1968 (Sheila)|
|Died||June 19, 2016 (aged 48) (Sheila)|
|Hometown|| Ketchikan, Alaska (Rob)|
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (Sheila)
|Occupation|| Lumberjack (Rob)|
Marketing Exec (Sheila)
|Roadblock Count|| Rob: 1|
Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle are a team of Lumberjack/Marketing Exec on The Amazing Race 21.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 52
- Hometown: Ketchikan, Alaska
- Connection to your teammate: Engaged
- Current occupation: Lumberjack & Entrepreneur
- Describe what you do: Promote, produce and participate in all things pertaining to Lumberjack sports.
- Favorite hobbies: Boating, wilderness hunting and ranching.
- 3 words to describe you: Strong, deep and responsive.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Building and living a life my son is proud of.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Teddy Roosevelt or Clint Eastwood.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A cross between Martha Stewart and a Victoria's Secret model.
- What scares you most about traveling? Cultural and language barriers.
- What excites you most about traveling? Newness, intrigue, culture and beauty.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sheila is stubborn and she will have to learn to listen well and not be so stubborn.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sheila procrastinates when she is busy or frustrated.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India – it is vast and the culture is so varied.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To start our life together with a life changing experience which will redefine us as a couple.
- Age: 44
- Hometown: Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Connection to your teammate: Engaged
- Current occupation: Retail Manager
- Describe what you do: I manage retail, guest relations as well as meet with vendors and select products for our gift shop.
- Favorite hobbies: Water sports, fishing and cooking.
- 3 words to describe you: Determined, loving and protective.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I have a strong-willed, smart and beautiful daughter attending Washington State University.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sharon Osbourne
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? John Wayne
- What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers
- What excites you most about traveling? The adventure, history and getting to meet new people.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Rob lacks tact and can be very insensitive. He also constantly interrupts me when I am talking.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: When Rob thinks he is right about something…that's it, he's RIGHT! No one can tell him different.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy and Greece. Both have interesting cultures, history and gorgeous water.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Our goal is to spend a loving, fun, active and adventurous life together so I think "The Amazing Race" is a perfect way to launch it.
The Amazing Race 21
|Rob & Sheila's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Rob||11 of 11|||
- After the race, they got married.
- On June 19, 2016, Sheila unexpectedly passed away at the age of 48 of an aneurysm.
- Rob is the brother of Survivor: Panama contestant Tina Scheer, who was also incidentally the first person eliminated from her season.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/01/2012): "We Got Screwed Over"
- Kimberly Nordyke at The Hollywood Reporter (10/01/2012): "First Eliminated Team Reacts to Devastating Finish"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (10/01/2012): "The Amazing Race:Yak Chats with Rob & Sheila"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (10/01/2012): "We shouldn't have trusted anybody"
- Jennifer Still at Digital Spy (10/01/2012): "Rob & Sheila talk getting lost and coming in last"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/02/2012): "The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/03/2012): "It was so close, yet so far for the lumberjack and his bride-to-be"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/04/2012): "Ping pong and frog fallopian tubes: not what Rob and Sheila were expecting"
Social Media Profiles
- Sheila's Facebook: /sheila.castle1
|The Amazing Race 21 Teams|