|Rob & Amber|
|Members|| Robert Carlo Mariano|
Amber Joy Mariano (née Brkich)
|Birth Dates|| December 25, 1975 (Rob)|
August 11, 1978 (Amber)
|Hometown|| Canton, Massachusetts (Rob - Season 7)|
Beaver, Pennsylvia (Amber - Season 7)
Pensacola, Florida (All-Stars)
|Relation|| Engaged (Season 7)|
|Occupation|| Construction Foreman; TV personality (Rob)|
Administrative Assistant; TV personality (Amber)
|Roadblock Count|| Rob: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| Rob: 1|
The Survivor Couple went through connections to get a spot on the Race. Though their presence upset some fans, there is no denying the effect they had on the show. Not only did they bring fans over from Survivor, but they also helped compile the modern Metagame by studying the tactics of former teams and copying the ones they found most effective. They dominated the seventh season, using techniques and tactics that upset the other teams and the fans, while making some some truly entertaining television in the process. They would jump out to a huge lead in the finale, and even though equalizers would negate this lead, they still managed to talk their way onto the first flight to Miami. Though the season looked over and their win assured, Uchenna & Joyce also talked their way onto the flight, and they fell behind when they didn't think to speak Spanish in Little Havana, and they took forever to find the "King of the Havanas".
Their innovated gameplay and fan-favorite status got them invited back for the first all-stars edition. For three legs, they left the other teams in the dust as they grabbed consecutive 1st place victories. However, with their egos flying higher than ever, they suddenly collapsed in the fourth leg. A series of mistakes by Rob put them in a race to avoid last with Charla & Mirna and Uchenna & Joyce, and when Rob was the last one to find his letter in the Roadblock at the end of the world, they were eliminated in 8th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Rob & Amber are an engaged couple from Canton, Massachusetts and Beaver, Pennsylvania, respectively. They had an alliance together and fell in love when they competed with each other on "Survivor: All-Stars." Amber won the one million dollar prize, and Rob finished as the runner-up. During the live finale of the show in May 2004, before the outcome was even announced, Rob proposed to Amber, while she wore a t-shirt with the inscription, "I Love Rob!"
Prior to "Survivor: All Stars," Rob competed on "Survivor: Marquesas," the fourth installment of the series, where he was the seventh voted off. Amber previously competed on "Survivor The Australian Outback," the second installment of the series, where she was eleventh voted off, but was a part of the jury to decide the winner. Before their lives on SURVIVOR, Rob worked as a construction foreman and Amber as an administrative assistant.
Both of them are excited to participate in the Race, as they have been fans of the show for some time. They hope their competitive natures, which helped them compete on SURVIVOR, will propel them through to win THE AMAZING RACE.
America's Sweethearts met, fell in love and got married...all in front of the cameras. It all started during Survivor: All-Stars, where Rob finished in second place to Amber. Shortly after, they were cast on the seventh season of the Race and fought their way to the top of the pack, ultimately finishing as the runner-ups to Joyce and Uchenna. Considered by many to be one of the best reality television competitors, "Boston" Rob changed the way the Race was played forever, adding a level of manipulation never seen on the game. Despite the difference in their personalities; Rob is outspoken and boisterous while Amber is more quiet and reserved; they somehow balance each other out and are very strong competitors. Since their time on the Race, Rob has gone on to host his own segment for CBS's The Early Show, "Rob to the Rescue," and he and Amber have built a home and settled in Pensacola, Fla. Rob describes himself as competitive and intense while Amber describes herself as caring and pragmatic. It will be interesting to see how the other teams will react to this competitive duo. To what lengths will Rob go to avoid finishing as the runner-up yet again? Truth be told, it's less about the money for this team and all about the bragging rights.
The Amazing Race 7
|Rob & Amber's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Amber||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Rob||5 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Rob||1 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Tunnels / Tribes||Amber||5 of 7|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Rob||2 of 7|
|6||7||Botswana||Carry It / Milk It||Rob||1 of 6|
|8||8||Botswana → India||Solid / Liquid||Amber||1 of 5|||
|9||Trunk / Dunk||Amber||3 of 5|
|10||9||India → Turkey||Columns / Kilos||Rob||3 of 4|
|11||10||Turkey → United Kingdom||Brains / Brawn||Rob||1 of 4>|
|12||11||United Kingdom → Jamaica||Raft It / Build It||Amber||2 of 3|
|12||Jamaica → Puerto Rico → United States||Pony Up / Tee It Up||Amber||2 of 3|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Rob & Amber's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Amber||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Amber||1 of 9|
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Rob||8 of 8|
- Rob & Amber got married on April 16, 2005. 
- Rob & Amber attended the wedding of fellow racers Ray & Deana on May 21, 2005.
- In 2007, Rob & Amber filmed a 10-episode show for the Fox Reality Channel, Rob and Amber: Against the Odds.
- On July 4, 2009, Amber gave birth to their first child, Lucia Rose.
- Rob returned to compete on Survivor's twentieth season, Heroes vs. Villains and finished in 13th Place.
- On December 10, 2010, Amber gave birth to their second child, Carina Rose.
- Rob returned for a fourth time on Survivor's twenty-second season, Redemption Island. Rob was able to reach the Final Tribal Council and won the title of Sole Survivor in an 8-1-0 jury vote.
- On May 5, 2012, Amber gave birth to their third child, Isabetta Rose.
- Their fourth daughter, Adelina Rose, was born on June 20, 2014.
- Rob competed on a Survivor Primetime special of The Price is Right that aired in May 2016. Rob and his partner lost their pricing game and were unable to make it to the Showcase Showdown.
- They were the first team to represent Survivor.
- They were the lowest average placing co-ed team who came in 2nd with four legs won in a single season, at 2.42.
- Rob's Wikipedia page: Rob Mariano
- Amber's Wikipedia page: Amber Mariano
- Rob And Amber Knocked Out Of "Race"
- Exclusive Interview: Rob and Amber, 4th Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars
- Amber's Facebook: /amber.mariano.79
- Rob's Twitter: @BostonRob
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23527/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23491/
- ↑ http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/amber-brkich-rob-mariano-wedding/
- ↑ http://www.vindy.com/news/2005/may/21/amazing-race-adventurous-couple-to-say-i-do/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0953236/
- ↑ http://www.celebritybabyscoop.com/2009/08/03/amber-rob-mariano-welcome-baby-girl-lucia-rose
- ↑ http://celebritybabies.people.com/2010/12/20/survivors-rob-amber-mariano-welcome-daughter-carina-rose/
- ↑ http://celebritybabies.people.com/2012/06/14/survivor-amazing-race-rob-mariano-amber-welcome-daughter-isabetta-rose/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BostonRob/status/480071699551903744
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|