|Rob & Amber|
|Members|| Robert Carlo Mariano|
Amber Joy Brkich (later Mariano)
|Birth Dates|| December 25, 1975 (Rob)|
August 11, 1978 (Amber)
|Age|| 29, 30 (Rob)|
26, 28 (Amber)
|Hometown|| Canton, Massachusetts (Rob - Season 7)|
Beaver, Pennsylvia (Amber - Season 7)
Pensacola, Florida (All-Stars)
|Relation|| Engaged (Season 7)|
|Occupation|| Construction Foreman; TV personality (Rob)|
Administrative Assistant; TV personality (Amber)
|Roadblock Count|| Rob: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| Rob: 1|
Retrieved from CBS.com
Rob & Amber are an engaged couple from Canton, Massachusetts and Beaver, Pennsylvania, respectively. They had an alliance together and fell in love when they competed with each other on "Survivor: All-Stars." Amber won the one million dollar prize, and Rob finished as the runner-up. During the live finale of the show in May 2004, before the outcome was even announced, Rob proposed to Amber, while she wore a t-shirt with the inscription, "I Love Rob!"
Prior to "Survivor: All Stars," Rob competed on "Survivor: Marquesas," the fourth installment of the series, where he was the seventh voted off. Amber previously competed on "Survivor The Australian Outback," the second installment of the series, where she was eleventh voted off, but was a part of the jury to decide the winner. Before their lives on SURVIVOR, Rob worked as a construction foreman and Amber as an administrative assistant.
Both of them are excited to participate in the Race, as they have been fans of the show for some time. They hope their competitive natures, which helped them compete on SURVIVOR, will propel them through to win THE AMAZING RACE.
America's Sweethearts met, fell in love and got married...all in front of the cameras. It all started during Survivor: All-Stars, where Rob finished in second place to Amber. Shortly after, they were cast on the seventh season of the Race and fought their way to the top of the pack, ultimately finishing as the runner-ups to Joyce and Uchenna. Considered by many to be one of the best reality television competitors, "Boston" Rob changed the way the Race was played forever, adding a level of manipulation never seen on the game. Despite the difference in their personalities; Rob is outspoken and boisterous while Amber is more quiet and reserved; they somehow balance each other out and are very strong competitors. Since their time on the Race, Rob has gone on to host his own segment for CBS's The Early Show, "Rob to the Rescue," and he and Amber have built a home and settled in Pensacola, Fla. Rob describes himself as competitive and intense while Amber describes herself as caring and pragmatic. It will be interesting to see how the other teams will react to this competitive duo. To what lengths will Rob go to avoid finishing as the runner-up yet again? Truth be told, it's less about the money for this team and all about the bragging rights.
The Amazing Race 7
|Rob & Amber's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Amber||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Rob||5 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Rob||1 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Tunnels / Tribes||Amber||5 of 7|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Rob||2 of 7|
|6||7||Botswana||Carry It / Milk It||Rob||1 of 6|
|8||8||Botswana → India||Solid / Liquid||Amber||1 of 5|||
|9||Trunk / Dunk||Amber||3 of 5|
|10||9||India → Turkey||Columns / Kilos||Rob||3 of 4|
|11||10||Turkey → United Kingdom||Brains / Brawn||Rob||1 of 4>|
|12||11||United Kingdom → Jamaica||Raft It / Build It||Amber||2 of 3|
|12||Jamaica → Puerto Rico → United States||Pony Up / Tee It Up||Amber||2 of 3|
1: Rob decided to forfeit the Roadblock and was issued a 4-hour penalty at the Roadblock site starting from the arrival of the next team.
2: Leg 8 was double-length with two Detours and two Roadblocks shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007)
|Rob & Amber's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Amber||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Amber||1 of 9|
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Rob||8 of 8|
- Rob and Amber gotten married on April 16, 2005.
- In 2007, Rob & Amber filmed a 10-episode show for the Fox Reality Channel, Rob and Amber: Against the Odds.
- On July 4, 2009, they gave birth to their first child, Lucia Rose.
- Rob returned to compete on Survivor's twentieth season, Heroes vs. Villains and finished in 13th Place.
- On December 9, 2010, they gave birth to their second child, Carina Rose.
- Rob returned for a fourth time on Survivor's twenty-second season, Redemption Island. Rob was able to reach the Final Tribal Council and won the title of Sole Survivor in a 8-1-0 jury vote.
- On May 5, 2012, they gave birth to their third child, Isabetta Rose.
- Their fourth daughter, Adelina Rose, was born in June 20, 2014.
- Rob competed on a Survivor Primetime special of The Price is Right in 2016. Rob and his partner lost their pricing game and was unable to make it to the Showcase Showdown.
- First team to represent Survivor.
- First reality show team with both members to have been former contestants.
- First reality show team to make it to the final leg.
- Lowest average placing co-ed team who came in 2nd with four legs won in a single season, 2.42
- Boston Rob's Website
- Amber's Website
- Rob & Amber Get Married
- Boston Rob's Facebook: /bostonrobmariano
- Amber's Facebook: /amber.mariano.79
- Rob & Amber's Twitter: @BostonRob
- Rob's Wikipedia page: Rob Mariano
- Amber's Wikipedia page: Amber Mariano
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23527/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23491/
- ↑ http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/amber-brkich-rob-mariano-wedding/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0953236/
- ↑ http://www.celebritybabyscoop.com/2009/08/03/amber-rob-mariano-welcome-baby-girl-lucia-rose
- ↑ http://celebritybabies.people.com/2010/12/20/survivors-rob-amber-mariano-welcome-daughter-carina-rose/
- ↑ http://celebritybabies.people.com/2012/06/14/survivor-amazing-race-rob-mariano-amber-welcome-daughter-isabetta-rose/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BostonRob/status/480071699551903744
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|