|Reichen & Chip|
|Members|| Reichen Lehmkuhl|
|Birth Dates|| December 26, 1973 (Reichen)|
October 2, 1966 (Chip)
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation|| Pilot (Reichen)|
|Roadblock Count|| Reichen: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
Twenty-eight-year-old Reichen is a pilot and teaches at a flight school in Los Angeles. A former US Air Force officer and a graduate of the US Air Force academy, he is married to his teammate Chip. He loves skiing and flying and is very into being physically fit. He describes himself as "detail-oriented, caring and thrill-seeking." He speaks French and has traveled internationally quite a bit. Reichen's views on relationship are much more liberal than Chip's -- He enjoys flirting with other guys, but that makes Chip upset. Reichen likens himself to Ben Affleck--"intense"—and says Chip is like Bruce Willis: "steady and true." Reichen says he never procrastinates; he gets things done NOW.
Chip is 36 years old and is an active consultant raising financing and setting up projects in film, music, and multi-media around the world. He attended Yale and Harvard Business School. He loves hiking in the mountains and participating in triathlons." He describes himself as "determined, free thinking and mindful." He says he is like Winston Churchill: "steady...never say no; anything is possible." Chip lived in Hong Kong for three years, in Paris for six months and in London for two years. He is in great physical shape.
The Amazing Race 4
|Reichen & Chip's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Italy||Search / Rescue||No Roadblock||9 of 12|
|2||2||Italy||Waterway / Pathway||Chip||2 of 11|
|3||3||Italy → Austria||Mozart / Beethoven||Reichen||3 of 10|
|4||4||Austria → France||Ropes / Slopes||Chip||5 of 9|
|5||5||France → The Netherlands||500 Kilograms / 15 Feet||Reichen||4 of 8|
|6||6||The Netherlands → India||Suds / Duds||Chip||2 of 7|
|7||7||India||Baskets / Trunks||Reichen||5 of 6|
|8||8||India → Malaysia||Net / Trap||Chip||2 of 5|
|9||9||Malaysia||Used Fast Forward||1 of 5►|
|10||10||Malaysia → South Korea||Strong Hands / Strong Stomach||Chip||2 of 4|
|11||11||South Korea → Australia||Face First / Feet First||Reichen||3 of 4|||
|12||12||Australia||Saddle / Paddle||Chip||2 of 3|
|13||13||Australia → United States||Wing It / Wander It||Chip||1 of 3|
- Reichen & Chip ended their partnership after the race.
- Reichen became known for dating Lance Bass and appearing on "The A-List: New York."
- Reichen & Chip were the first gay team to win the race, as well as the first romantically-involved couple to win.
- Though Reichen and Chip weren't legally married since gay marriage was not recognized in the US at the time, they protested to CBS to allow their tag to say "Married" and CBS relented.
- Reichen played one of the grooms in the play My Big Gay Italian Wedding in 2010.
- Reichen's Wikipedia page: Reichen Lehmkuhl
- Chip's Wikipedia page: Chip Arndt
Social Media Profiles
- Chip's Facebook: /chiparndt
- ↑ http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/03-2010/amazing-race-winner-reichen-lehmkuhl-to-star-in-my_25642.html Amazing Race Winner Reichen Lehmkuhl to Star in My Big Gay Italian Wedding
|The Amazing Race 4 Teams|