|Ray & Yolanda|
|Members|| Ray Whitty|
|Occupation|| Attorney (Ray)|
Science Teacher (Yolanda)
|Roadblock Count|| Ray: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Ray Whitty and Yolanda Brown-Moore are a Dating team on the 9th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ray & Yolanda have been dating for five years. An accomplished athlete, Yolanda ran track with Ray's cousin at the University of Florida. One day while visiting his cousin at the track, Ray was introduced to Yolanda, but it wasn't until later that the two were reacquainted and exchanged phone numbers.
Natives of Florida, Ray & Yolanda now reside in Chicago, Illinois. Yolanda grew up in Gainesville, Florida and was a math and science teacher in Miami before she recently moved in with Ray, who is originally from Jacksonville. After receiving his law degree from the University of Miami and practicing law in South Florida, Ray accepted a position as an attorney in Chicago.
While Ray is said to be the more disciplined of the two, both describe themselves as opinionated and stubborn. Yolanda admits that she has a bit of trouble finishing what she's started and Ray claims that she often runs late. Nevertheless, Yolanda & Ray enjoy working out together and are looking forward to the adventure of the Race and the thrill of competition.
The Amazing Race 9
|Ray & Yolanda's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Motor Head / Rotor Head||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Press It / Climb It||Ray||5 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Russia → Germany||Scrub / Scour||Yolanda||3 of 9|||
|4||Break It / Slap It||Ray||7 of 9|
|5||4||Germany → Italy||Foundry / Laundry||Ray||7 of 8|
|6||5||Italy||Big Fish / Little Fish||Ray||6 of 7|
|7||6||Italy → Greece||Herculean Effort / It's All Greek to Me||Ray||3 of 6|||
|8||7||Greece → Oman||Camel / Watchtower||Yolanda||3 of 5|
|9||8||Oman → Australia||Sand / Sea||Yolanda||4 of 5|
|10||9||Australia||Dry / Wet||Ray||1 of 4|
|11||10||Australia → Thailand||Move It / Altar It||Yolanda||3 of 4|
|12||11||Thailand → Japan||Maiden / Messenger||Yolanda||3 of 3|
|12||Japan → United States||Drill It / Deliver It||Yolanda||3 of 3|||
1: Leg 3 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
2: Ray & Yolanda initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for taking a bus instead of a train all the way to the Isthmos Train Station. During their penalty, Joseph & Monica checked in, dropping them to 3rd.
3: While neither Ray nor Yolanda was shown performing the Roadblock on the final leg before arriving at the Finish Line, a montage shown on The Early Show the next day showed Yolanda as the member who had done the Roadblock task.
- The last team to place 3rd and be the last team to arrive at the end of a leg that was not the final leg.
- The last team to arrive last in the penultimate leg to not be eliminated, until Amy & Maya.
- On The Early Show post-race interview, Ray proposed to Yolanda who accepted.
- They subsequently got married and currently have two children.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (05/18/2006): "Team Hippie Takes Amazing Race 9"
- Jenn Basler at Reality News Online (05/19/2006): "It Looks Like I Have a Wedding to Plan!"
- TARflies (07/29/2006): "From Long-Distance to Long-Term"
Social Media Profiles
- Yolanda's Facebook: /yolanda.whitty
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20060615044908/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race9/bios/ray_yolanda/
- ↑ http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/race-couple-ray-whitty-and-yolanda-brown-moore-get-engaged-4149.php
|The Amazing Race 9 Teams|