|Ray & Deana|
|Members|| Ray Hosteau|
|Age|| 44 (Ray)|
|Hometown|| Canfield, Ohio (Ray)|
Youngstown, Ohio (Deana)
|Relation||Dating on and off|
|Occupation|| Stockbroker (Ray)|
Marketing and Promotions (Deana)
|Roadblock Count|| Ray: 2|
|Countries raced|| |
Ray Hosteau and Deana Shane are a Dating On And Off team on the 7th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ray & Deana are a dating team from Canfield, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio respectively. Ray is a stockbroker and Deana is a marketing and promotions executive. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to put their on-again/off-again relationship to the test and see how they fare.
Ray, who is 17 years older than Deana, has worked as a stockbroker for 18 years. A former college and semi-professional football player, Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that he's never wrong about anything. He enjoys weightlifting, singing and karate.
Deana is admittedly just as determined and competitive as her teammate. She grew up camping in the backwoods of Ohio and has never traveled outside the United States. Deana's favorite hobbies include lifting weights, karate, hunting and fishing.
Both admit they are looking for some answers to what the future holds for their relationship and are hoping the Race will provide some.
The Amazing Race 7
|Ray & Deana's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Ray||3 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Deana||6 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Deana||6 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Ray||7 of 7|
1: Deana decided to forfeit the Roadblock and was issued a 4-hour penalty at the Roadblock site starting from the arrival of the next team.
- First team to be given vehicles for winning a leg.
- First team to be eliminated in Botswana.
- One of only three co-ed teams who won a leg and be the 5th team to be eliminated.
- Oldest averaged aged co-ed team to win a leg and come in 7th, 35.5
- Raya and Deena got engaged after the race  and and subsequently got married with Rob & Amber in attendance. They later gave birth to a daughter named Regan.
- As of 2010, they are no longer together.
- Rene Syler on The Early Show (03/30/2005): "Amazing Race Couple"
- Brenda Rodriguez at People (03/31/2005): "The Amazing Ray's Ray and Deena"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (04/01/2005): "Amazing Race Nasties Get Engaged"
- TARflies (06/15/2005): "Race to the Altar"
Social Media Profiles
- Ray's Facebook: /RayHousteau
- Deena's Facebook: /deana.shane.3
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|