|Birth Date||May 31, 1967|
|Hometown||Lincoln, New Zealand|
|Years Active||2001 - present|
Phil Keoghan is the host of the original, American version of The Amazing Race.
Emmy Award-nominated host, Phil Keoghan, has experienced a life full of travel and adventure. He started traveling around the world at the age of two and has been globetrotting ever since. Serving as host and a producer of CBS's multi Emmy Award-winning reality series, The Amazing Race (US), Keoghan continues to travel at a pace few could match.
After surviving a near death experience at the age of 19, where he found himself lost at 120 feet inside a 22,000 ton ship wreck, Keoghan was prompted to write a list of things to do before he died. For more than 20 years, he has lived this Life List in front of a TV camera working in more than 100 countries as an actor, author, television host, producer, and cameraman.
Some of his adventures include having a five star meal on top of an erupting volcano; changing a light bulb on top of Verazano bridge; breaking an unofficial bungee jumping record with eight others; swimming from Asia to Europe across the Bosporus; and putting a golf ball across Scotland. Most recently, he rode his bike from Los Angeles to New York City to help raise awareness for the National MS Society. Keoghan filmed the grueling 3,500 mile adventure and turned it into a documentary film titled "The Ride".
Phil's challenging Life List evolved into his life philosophy and the title of his best selling book No Opportunity Wasted. The book was later developed into an award winning television series produced in the US, Canada and New Zealand.
With a passion to help others get the most out of life, Keoghan is a regular motivational speaker at colleges and major corporations throughout North and South America, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
Phil lives in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter, Elle. According to his daughter, he has had at least 5 different accents in his lifetime.
- Coincidentally, no racer in the U.S. version has been named Phil.
- Phil was one of the two choices to be the host for Survivor, but lost to Jeff Probst.
- Leg 4 of The Amazing Race 13 featured his father, John Keoghan, as a Pit Stop greeter.
- His favorite country to travel on race is India.
- Michael Ausiello at TV Guide Online (09/04/2001): "Amazing Hunk Jumps into Reality Race"
- TV Guide Magazine (10/02/2002): "Seven Silly Questions with Phil"
- FansOfRealityTV (12/17/2002): "Our Interview with Phil Keoghan"
- Jaime Gross at Travel + Leisure (12/18/2002): "Fast Talk: Phil Keoghan"
- TARflies (05/04/2003): "The Philminator Speaks"
- Wendy Wallace at PRX Radio (10/01/2004): "Near-Life Experience: Interview with The Amazing Race Host Phil Keoghan
- KRT at Chicago Tribune (03/22/2005): "Get in the Race: Host shares secrets of hit reality show"
- Maureen Ryan at Chicago Tribune (10/06/2005): "An Interview with Phil Keoghan of The Amazing Race"
- Joe Blackmon at Reality TV Magazine (02/27/2006): "Amazing Race All-Stars Edition, Phil Keoghan Doesn't Think It Would Be Successful"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (09/14/2006): "IGN Interview: The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (11/04/07): "Exclusive Interview: Phil Keoghan, Host of Amazing Race"
- Angelique O'Neil at CBS Watch Magazine (October 2008): "Q&A with Phil Keoghan"
- Mary Melton at Los Angeles Magazine (10/01/2009): "Jetsetting with Phil Keoghan"
- Andy Dehnart at RealityBlurred (10/31/2010): "Phil Keoghan responds to criticism that The Amazing Race is no longer really amazing"
- Franken at Cyclelicious.com (11/14/2011): "Q&A with Phil Keoghan - Host of the Amazing Race"
- AMA at Reddit (02/21/2014): "I am host of The Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan. Ask Me Anything!"
- Rob Cesternino and Jessica Liese at RHAP (10/17/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Interview with Host, Phil Keoghan"
Social Media Profiles
- Phil's Website: NoOpportunityWasted.com
- Phil's Facebook: /phil.keoghan.1
- Phil's Twitter: @PhilKeoghan
- Phil's Instagram: /philiminator
- Fan Page of Phil's's Facebook: /PhilKeoghanOfficial
- Phil's Wikipedia page: Phil Keoghan
|The Amazing Race Host Index|
Phan Anh • Jaime Arellano • Grant Bowler • Rony Curvelo • Alexandre Delpérier • Freddy dos Santos • Phil Keoghan • Huy Khánh • Raz Meriman • Jon Montgomery • Toya Montoya • Dustin Nguyen • Derek Ramsay • Ron Shahar • Alexander Sidorenko • Harris Whitbeck • Allan Wu • Paulo Zulu