|Peggy & Claire|
|Members|| Peggy Kuhn|
|Birth Dates|| January 31, 1939 (Peggy)|
February 15, 1936 (Claire)
|Hometown|| Truckee, California (Peggy)|
Los Gatos, California (Claire)
|Occupation|| Resort concierge (Peggy)|
|Roadblock Count|| Peggy: 0|
Peggy Kuhn and Claire Jinks are a team of Grandmothers on The Amazing Race 2.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “We both appreciate a good laugh, and we share a lot of the same interests. It's very unusual to make close friendships so late in life, but we have done so.”
Peggy and Claire met about four years ago, while walking their dogs at a lake in the sierras. Their dogs quickly struck up a friendship, and so did Peggy and Claire. Last year the two spent ten days together in Santa Monica, California, and enjoyed the experience very much. The greatest difficulty was the fact that Peggy is an early riser, while Claire prefers to sleep in. When Peggy saw the AMAZING RACE application on the CBS website she called Claire, and both agreed that it would be fun to compete.
When considering how their experience in THE AMAZING RACE might change their relationship, Peggy observes, "Between the two of us, we're a hundred and twenty-something years old. It would take something more earth shattering than a TV show to change our relationship. There are some advantages to growing old! You don't sweat the small stuff."
The Amazing Race 2
|Peggy & Claire's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Claire||8 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Did not perform||Did not perform||9 of 9|||
1: By the time Peggy & Claire got to the Robben Island prison, they were too far behind the other teams and were ordered to go directly to the pit stop.
- First all-female team to be the oldest collective team of the season.
- Oldest all-female team to race, collectively 64.
- First team asked to skip task(s) and ordered to go directly to the Pit Stop.
- First team to be eliminated in South Africa.
- Katherine Morris at Sierra Sun (03/06/2002): "Gutsy grandmas: Locals compete on CBS TV’s Amazing Race 2"
- Susan Skorupa at Reno Gazette-Journal (04/05/2002): "Review in TV"
Social Media Profiles
- Peggy's Facebook: /peggy.kuhn.35
- Claire's Facebook: /claire.jinks
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|