|Paul & Amie|
|Members|| Paul Joseph Alessi|
|Birth Dates|| October 9, 1968 (Paul)|
August 16, 1973 (Amie)
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation|| Actor (Paul)|
|Roadblock Count|| Paul: 3|
Paul Alessi and Amie Barsky were an Engaged team on the The Amazing Race 1. They finished 7th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
When Paul saw Amie bartending in a Hollywood club in 1999, it was love at first sight. A friend introduced them, and they've been together ever since. They decided to audition for THE AMAZING RACE because they're both competitive and love a good challenge. Together, they make a strong Team: Amie is well traveled and determined; Paul is street-smart and physically fit.
The Amazing Race 1
|Paul & Amie's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Paul||8 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Paul||7 of 10|
|3||3||France||Tough Climb / Easy Walk||Paul||6 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Amie||5 of 8|||
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Did not perform||7 of 7|||
1: There was an unaired Roadblock where one teammate had to cook a whole ostrich egg for the whole team to eat.
2: Paul & Amie arrived 5th at the Pit Stop but started the next leg at 4th Place after being given a time credit due to a production error.
2: Paul & Amie mistakenly arrived at the Pit Stop while accidentally skipping the Roadblock. However, since they were already in last place, they were eliminated without being penalized.
- First team to be eliminated without doing all of the tasks in a leg.
- The first team also to be eliminated on the spot.
- Amie turned to the entertainment industry, having appeared in movies such as Austin Powers in Goldmember in 2002, alongside Mike Myers. In 2005 and 2010, she landed roles in Monster-in-Law and Miss Nobody, respectively.
- Paul continued acting and later became a film and short film producer.
- Paul and Amie married in 2006.
- Also in 2006, Paul won "Best Male Actor" for his role in Morphin(e) at the 2006 Independent Film Festival of North Texas.
- Paul's Website: http://www.pauljalessi.com/
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (10/11/2001): "Paul And Amie: Time To Go Home"
Social Media Profiles
- Paul's Facebook: /pauljalessi
- Paul's Twitter: @pauljalessi
- Paul's Instagram: /pauljalessi
- ↑ http://www.pauljalessi.com/fun-facts.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20060628071748/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/teams/bios/paul.shtml
- ↑ http://cdn1.filmshout.com/alpha-males-experiment/alpha-males-experiment-star-bio-amie-barsky-130901
- ↑ http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/wiki/Amie_Barsky
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1568493/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|