|Pam & Winnie|
|Members|| Pamela "Pam" Chien|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation|| Art Director and Fitness Instructor (Pam)|
Senior Project Manager (Winnie)
|Roadblock Count|| Pam: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
Pamela "Pam" Chien and Winnie Sung are a team of Best Friends on the 22nd season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 29
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, CA
- Connection to your teammate: Best Friend
- Current occupation: Art Director and Fitness Instructor
- Describe what you do: I design sets for TV commercials. I also teach barre fitness classes at Pop Physique. Sometimes I moonlight as Batman.
- Three words to describe you: Clever, spectacular and scrappy.
- Favorite hobbies: Trapeze and arts and crafts.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Changing careers time after time until I found what I really love to do.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Tina Fey, because she's awesome without even trying.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kristen Wiig, because she's almost as funny as Tina Fey.
- What scares you most about traveling? Bathrooms.
- What excites you most about traveling? Food! I love tasting local cuisines. Ironically, the local cuisine is what sends me to scary bathrooms.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: When we're both irritated we get snappy and talk over each other. Occasionally it turns into hand-to-hand combat. I usually win.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She doesn't like to share her food. She acts like she'll never eat again if I take a few bites. I may starve to death on the Race if she doesn't learn to share.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Antarctica, because I've heard it's absolutely mesmerizing.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I'd like to have one of those enlightening moments when the meaning of life and all the world's secrets are bestowed upon me. I'd also like to see Winnie cry... just to make sure she's human. I've seen her cry twice and each time it was a single tear running down her cheek.
- Age: 29
- Current Residence: Los Angeles
- Connection to your teammate: Best Friend
- Current occupation: Senior Project Manager
- Describe what you do: I work with overseas factories to manufacture cosmetic products for different retail brands.
- Three words to describe you: Manly, tough and funny.
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking with my dogs, eating chocolate and shopping.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being able to stay friends with crazy Pam for 10 years and not have physically harmed her.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Chelsea Handler.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Lou Ferrigno – Pam turns into scary Hulk when she's mad.
- What scares you most about traveling? Gross bathrooms terrify me.
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing how other people in the world live.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Pam has a strong L.A. accent. Hopefully, she learns to speak proper English by the end of the Race.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She starts too many fights with big people. She really is disillusioned about her size.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Egypt. I want to see the pyramids before I die.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to acquire even more skills that make me more badass.
The Amazing Race 22
|Pam & Winnie's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → French Polynesia||No Detour||Winnie||4 of 11|||
|2||2||French Polynesia||Pick a Pearl / Take a Trunk||Pam||9 of 10|
|3||3||French Polynesia → New Zealand||Rev It Up / Reel It In||Winnie||4 of 9|
|4||4||New Zealand → Indonesia||Sandy Bottom / Fruity Top||Winnie||2 of 9|
|5||5||Indonesia → Vietnam||Make Your Move / Make Your Meal||Pam||1 of 8⊂|
|6||6||Vietnam → Botswana||Fire / Fowl||Pam||2 of 7|
|7||7||Botswana||Brains / Brawn||Winnie||7 of 7|
1: Leg 1 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (04/01/2013): "We Picked the Lemon of the Donkeys"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (04/01/2013): "Elimination Interview: Pam and Winnie"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (04/01/2013): "Exclusive: Pamela Chien and Winnie Sung talk The Amazing Race 22" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Kimberly Nordyke at The Hollywood Reporter (04/02/2013): "Winnie and Pam on Their Elimination: Unfinished Business With the Donkeys"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (04/02/2013): "The Amazing Race 22: Exclusive Interview with Pamela Chien and Winnie Sung"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (04/02/2013): "Reflecting on The Amazing Race with Pamela and Winnie"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (04/03/2013): "Animals, teamwork exercises and toilet talk with the departed duo"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (04/03/2013): "The Yak Chats with Pam and Winnie"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (04/04/2013): "All the elements were working against us"
Social Media Profiles
- Pam & Winnie's Facebook: /pam.chien
|The Amazing Race 22 Teams|