|Nicky & Kim|
|Members|| Nicole "Nicky" Getz|
|Age|| 27 (Nicky)|
|Hometown|| Kansas City, MO. and Troy, MI (Nicky)|
Chicago, IL (Kim)
|Roadblock Count|| Nicky: 5|
|Countries raced|| |
Nicole "Nicky" Getz and Kim DeJesus are a team of Baseball Wives on the 23rd season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 27
- Hometown: Splits time between Kansas City, Mo. and Troy, Mich.
- Connection to your teammate: Baseball Wives and friends
- Current occupation: Baseball Wife and training to be a Pilates Instructor. **Husband is Chris Getz who played for the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals (currently).
- Describe what you do: I'm a certified public accountant (CPA) and baseball wife. Needless to say, I manage the household!
- 3 words to describe you: Energetic, sarcastic and competitive.
- Favorite hobbies: I love working out, whether it's Pilates, yoga or tennis. I'm also a sun goddess and enjoy margaritas.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Passing the CPA exam! Also, getting my Master's Degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and graduating from the business college at Michigan State University.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Angie Harmon - I love Law & Order!
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Jenny McCarthy – hot and so fun!
- What scares you most about traveling? Airplane bathrooms.
- What excites you most about traveling? I love traveling to places with a lot of history. I try to immerse myself in the culture and do things that I can't do at home.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She forgets to eat. FYI – if you ever go to her house, bring your own snacks!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Bali, Indonesia. I've heard the beaches are breathtaking and you can wear a sarong every day! That's my kind of living.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to experience the remarkable places The Race offers you the opportunity to travel. I'm also looking forward to experiencing such a unique opportunity with such a great friend! Go Team Orange!
- Age: 32
- Hometown: Chicago, IL
- Connection to your teammate: Baseball Wives and friends
- Current occupation: Baseball Wife ***Husband is David DeJesus who played for the Kansas City Royals, Oakland Athletics, Chicago Cubs,Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles of Anahiem (currently).
- Describe what you do: Part time actor/model in Chicago and a full time Mom! I also work with our foundation which aides families in crisis who lack access to basic human needs. I support my husband's career by going to a lot of baseball games and events, which is easy to do since I was raised a Cubs fan!
- 3 words to describe you: Creative, determined and kind.
- Favorite hobbies: traveling, Living a healthy life (juicing), acting, painting/drawing, (I love the arts!). I love laughing, hugging, watching movies, baseball and having FUN!
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Hands down being a mom! My son is my pride and joy. I also am proud that I can list off ALL 50 states in 15 seconds, and that I don't eat things with a face.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Oh I don't know. Can I say who I would want to hang out with instead? Ellen DeGeneres. She is a sweet lady and makes people laugh without being hurtful; she has such a positive outlook on life and doesn't judge. I don't really admire a lot of celebs but she just makes me happy.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Jennifer Aniston – everyone wants to be Nicky's friend! She's funny and is a natural beauty. I am so lucky to get to spend this much time with her!
- What scares you most about traveling? Being away from my son and husband is going to be extremely difficult for me.
- What excites you most about traveling? Being in crazy situations! I get bored easily, and I'm obsessed with adventure. I also really, really love interacting with people. It's so fun trying to brighten people's day with laughing, or making someone feel good. Whether that be through a hug, conversation or just being ridiculous, i can't wait to meet people from all over the world and see who is out there! So pumped for this crazy adventure.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I know this might come as a shocker to people, but it's quite possible we might have issues with physical tasks.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She is a tanorexic and I hate how she smells like oatmeal after she spray tans!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India or Thailand – Such amazing people and cultures! Also, there is a lot of need there. I want to see firsthand how I can help.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Growing in my friendship with my sweet bunny, Nicky, maintaining a positive attitude during the race and walking away having it been one of the best experiences of my life!
The Amazing Race 23
|Nicky & Kim's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Nicky||5 of 11|||
|2||2||Chile||Brining / Mining||Nicky||9 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Portugal||Tiles / Miles||Kim||3 of 9|
|4||4||Portugal → Norway||Hang Your Heads / Hammer of the Cods||Nicky||8 of 8|||
|5||5||Norway → Poland||Pose / Polka||Kim||4 of 8|
|6||6||Poland → Austria||Light Brigade / Masquerade||Nicky||2 of 7|
|7||7||Austria → United Arab Emirates||Sort It Out / Sew It Up||Kim||6 of 6|
|8||8||United Arab Emirates||Wedding Guests / Beauty Contest||Nicky||6 of 6⋑|
1: Leg 1 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
2: Leg 4 had no mandatory rest period between legs, and all teams were ordered to continue racing. Nicky & Kim did not have to face a Speed Bump during Leg 5, despite coming in last during Leg 4.
- Tim Engle at The Kansas City Star (09/27/2013): "Royals wives have their own big game on The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (11/18/2013): "We Didn't Stand a Chance After We Got U-Turned"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (11/18/2013): "Elimination Interview: Nicky and Kim"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (11/18/2013): "Exclusive - Nicole "Nicky" Getz and Kim DeJesus talk The Amazing Race " [Parts 1 & 2]
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (11/19/2013): "The Amazing Race 23: Exclusive Interview with Nicky Getz and Kim DeJesus"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (11/22/2013): "Baseball wives Nicky and Kim say they went '0 for 5' on Amazing Race"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (11/24/2013): "The Bunnies discuss avoiding elimination Marie's grudge"
- James Wellington, Jessica Caroll & Justin Nichols on AfterBuzz TV (02/25/2014): "Kim DeJesus Guests on The Amazing Race After Show Season 24 Episode 1 Back In The Saddle"
Social Media Profiles
- Nicky's Twitter: @NickyGetz
- Kim's Website: daviddejesusfamilyfoundation.org
- Kim's Twitter: @KimDeJesus9
|The Amazing Race 23 Teams|