|Nick & Vicki|
|Members|| Nick DeCarlo|
|Occupation|| Bartender (Nick)|
|Roadblock Count|| Nick: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola are a Dating team on the 17th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 26
- Hometown: Henderson, Nev.
- Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend
- Current occupation: Bartender
- Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, golfing and motorcycles
- Achievements: Purchasing my Harley all by myself
- Lifelong to do list: I would ultimately like to start a pit bull rescue because I feel like they are misunderstood animals.
- What scares you most about traveling? Leaving my dogs and my family
- What excites you most about traveling? Having the opportunity to see other cultures and experience the world
- If I could switch places with someone: I like who I am therefore I wouldn't want to switch places with anyone else.
- Role model/hero: My role models are my parents. They always taught me to never quit and to always respect myself and others.
- What are you passionate about? The things I'm most passionate about are Vicki, my family, my dogs and my toys.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would help my parents pay off their house and pay off my credit cards. Then I would focus my efforts on opening a pit bull rescue.
- People would be surprised to learn: I'm a very understanding and caring person.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: I haven't traveled extensively so I would have to say I love the beaches in California.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I think Vicki and my biggest challenge will be our communication. We are both are extremely head strong.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I'm running the Race to gain some interpersonal growth.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Biggest pet peeve is that Vicki is always on her phone.
- Age: 26
- Hometown: Henderson, Nev.
- Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend
- Current Occupation: Hairstylist
- Favorite Hobbies: Working out, gymnastics and snowboarding
- Achievements: Passing my state boards.
- Lifelong to do list: I want to sky dive over the Swiss Alps before I die! I want to provide help and funds to non-profit addiction organizations and become a lead (celebrity) hair stylist in the industry. I'd also like to create my own extension/product line. All in all, I want to have a well known and respected name throughout the world for what I do best, hair design.
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me about traveling. I'm fearless.
- What excites you most about traveling? Everything - I love surprises and seeing new cultures.
- If I could switch places with someone: I would switch places with Ken Paves. He is one of the most talented hair designers in the industry.
- Role model/hero: My parents - they have always told me to follow my dreams and never give up.
- What are you passionate about? Most passionate about my career - hair design. I was born to make people look and feel beautiful.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we take home the million dollar prize, I would pay off my house and any other debt. I would also donate a portion of it to a non-profit addiction organization.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: I love Italy - it's where my family's roots are and there's so much culture to soak in and learn.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: The biggest challenge we'll face while racing around the globe will undoubtedly be our communication with one another.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Self well being and gratification
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Nick's snoring! I hate it!
The Amazing Race 17
|Nick & Vicki's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → United Kingdom||No Detour||Nick||10 of 11|
|2||2||United Kingdom → Ghana||Tune In / Check Out||Nick||8 of 10|
|3||3||Ghana||Bicycle Parts / Language Arts||Vicki||5 of 9|
|4||4||Ghana → Sweden||Sleds / Beds||Nick||6 of 9|
|5||5||Sweden → Norway||Bike / Boat||Vicki||6 of 8|
|6||6||Norway → Russia||Classical Music / Classic Cinema||Nick||7 of 7|||
|7||7||Russia||Circus Band / Circus Clown||Nick||3 of 7|
|8||8||Russia → Oman||Water Table / Wedding Table||Vicki||3 of 6|
|9||9||Oman → Bangladesh||Balanced Meal / Balanced Bricks||Nick||2 of 5|
|10||10||Bangladesh → Hong Kong||Ding Ding / Sampan||Vicki||4 of 4|||
|11||11||Hong Kong → South Korea||Full Throttle / Full Bottle||Vicki||4 of 4|||
1: While Nick & Vicki came in last in a non-elimination leg, they did not face a Speed Bump in the following leg. Post-race interviews revealed that the Speed Bump was waived, and that everyone's placement in that leg was equalized at the Detour, in compensation for various production difficulties in the previous leg (the judgement mistake make by the judge on the Classical Music detour where the judge tell them they pick the wrong music sheet even though they pick the correct music sheet) affecting all of the teams.
2: Nick & Vicki elected to forfeit the Detour because they were too exhausted to continue. They arrived at the Pit Stop last, but were notified that it was a non-elimination leg. The 6-hour penalty they would have taken from the Detour was instead applied to their starting time in Leg 11.
3: Nick & Vicki's departure time (which was approximately 11:45 pm) was not shown in Leg 11, because they departed at least 6 hours later than Brook & Claire's departure, which was at 5:26 pm, due to the penalty applied to their starting time in that leg and they fell far behind. Also, by the time they made it to the Seung-il Bridge in Cheorwon, all the other teams had already checked in at the Pit Stop and it had become too dark for them to safely perform some of the tasks. During the broadcast of the leg, they were only shown performing the Speed Bump and then immediately checking in at the Pit Stop to be eliminated. In interviews after the episode was broadcast, they revealed that they did the Detour as well.
- They are now married.
- Vicki is a successful hair stylist. She is the artistic director for Hotheads Hair Extensions, she owns her own hair salon in Las Vegas called Hot Box Salon, her work has been shown at major events including New York Fashion Week and the Latin Grammy Awards, and her work has appeared in many magazines including People, W, More, InStyle, Real Simple, and was on the cover of Modern twice.
- First team not required to complete a Speed Bump (since its induction) after coming in last from a non-elimination leg (due to production difficulties in the previous leg that affected all of the teams).
- Third team that was unable to complete a Detour and thus took the penalty.
- For the U.S. version, Nick & Vicki are first team to be eliminated in South Korea.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/06/2010): "We Regret Taking the Six-Hour Penalty"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at RealityTV World (12/07/2010): "Exclusive: Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola talk"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/07/2010): "The Amazing Race 17: Exclusive Interview with Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (12/09/2010): "We Weren't the Smartest People, But… We Were Definitely the Strongest"
Social Media Profiles
- Nick's Facebook: /nick.decarlo.79
- Vicki's Facebook: /victoria.casciola
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|