|Natalie & Meaghan|
|Birth Dates:|| October 17, 1990 (Natalie)|
January 4, 1985 (Meaghan)
|Hometown:|| Scarborough, Ontario (Natalie)|
St. Albert, Alberta (Meaghan)
|Occupation:|| Member of Canada's National Women's Hockey Team (Forward) (Natalie)|
Member of Canada's National Women's Hockey Team (Defense) (Meaghan)
|Roadblock Count:|| Natalie: 7|
- Age: 23
- Occupation: Member of Canada's National Women's Hockey Team (Forward)
- Current City: Scarborough, Ont.
- Hometown: Scarborough, Ont.
- Strengths: Physically fit, energetic, positive
- Fears/Phobias: Feet
- Favourite Travel Destination: Scotland
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "Sometimes she likes too much control."
- Age: 29
- Occupation: Member of Canada's National Women's Hockey Team (Defence)
- Current City: Calgary, Alta.
- Hometown: Regina, Sask. and St. Albert, Alta.
- Strengths: Physically fit, detail-oriented, calm under pressure
- Fears/Phobias: Bugs
- Favourite Travel Destination: Hawaii
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "She does not always pay attention to details."
Natalie and Meaghan met as members of Canada's National Women's Hockey Team in 2008 at training camp where Meaghan, a hockey player since age seven, took new recruit, Natalie, under her wing. As Olympic and World Champions, these two elite athletes have faced many challenges and bested many rival nations as part of the Canadian hockey team. The pair recently won gold with the women's team at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. This duo will not accept second place and will be fierce competition for other racers.
POTENTIAL ROADBLOCK: Meaghan played the gold medal game in Sochi with a broken hand, which gives a sense of the toughness they are bringing to the starting line. She has since had surgery which might affect her physically in the challenges. Both understand what it takes to win and more importantly, what it takes to work as a team. Meaghan tends to let stress and hard work rule her life, which is where Natalie's friendship comes in handy. Natalie brings out the youthful silliness in Meaghan, a release she often needs. "Although we may not be related, our relationship is similar to sisters," said Natalie. "We may bicker at one another at times, but we move on quickly from that because we understand each other and love one another like sisters." "We also think that we may be underestimated as females," said Meaghan, Winning 'The Amazing Race Canada' will extend their Olympic dream and allow them to devote their time to the sport they love. Hockey is not as lucrative a career for women as it is for men who play professionally, and their significant investment in training is both physical and financial. These determined women are passionate ambassadors of the sport and want to continue building support for the game.
- Motto: "One clue at a time." "Unity in adversity." – Motto for 2014 Olympic Team
The Amazing Race Canada 2
|Natalie & Meaghan's Race History|
|1||1||Alberta → British Columbia||No Detour||Natalie||1 of 11|||
|2||2||British Columbia||Sharp Knives / Sharp Eyes||Natalie||1 of 10|
|3||3||British Columbia → Hong Kong||Kung Fu Master / Master Chef||Meaghan||1 of 9ϵ|||
|4||4||Hong Kong → Macau||Stamp It / Stomp It||Natalie||1 of 8|
|5||5||Macau → Yukon||Make Your Bed / Ride a Sled||Meaghan||3 of 8|
|6||6||Yukon → Manitoba||Puck It / Pinch It||Natalie||5 of 7|
|7||7||Manitoba → France||Show It / Tell It||Meaghan||1 of 6|
|8||8||France||Haute Couture / Plat Du Jour||Natalie||1 of 6|
|9||9||France → Quebec||Flamed / Grilled||Meaghan||3 of 5|
|10||10||Quebec → Prince Edward Island||Mussel / Mass||Meaghan||2 of 5|
|11||11||Prince Edward Island → New Brunswick||By Land / By Sea||Natalie||1 of 4|
|12||12||New Brunswick → Ontario||No Detour||Natalie||2 of 3|||
Leg 1 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
Leg 12 also featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- At the After Show, Natalie & Meaghan were voted the Fan Favourite team in an online poll, winning a year of free fuel.
- In March 2015, Meaghan and her husband Scott announced that they are currently expecting a child, due in September 2015.
- On September 27, Meaghan gave birth to a boy named Calder. This name was chosen through a contest held on Twitter.
- In February 2018, Natalie & Meaghan received a "Good Luck Video" from the teams of Laura & Jackie, Ryan & Rob, Pierre & Michel, Cormac & Nicole, Sukhi & Jinder, Jen & Shawn, as well as Nabeela of Shahla & Nabeela, Mickey of Mickey & Pete and Jon Montgomery for the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Natalie & Meaghan have the highest racing average of an all-female team, at 1.83.
- Most legs won by a female team in a single race, 7 legs.
- Natalie & Meaghan are the first all-female team to win a leg.
- Natalie & Meaghan are all-female team to win multiple legs and consecutive legs.
- First all-female to win the Express Pass.
- First team that was won the Express Pass to use it.
- First team to win 4 consecutive legs.
- Most legs won in a season, 7 legs.
- First all-female team to finish in 2nd place.
- Highest racing average of all teams to complete at 1.83.
- Natalie's Website: http://www.nataliespooner.com/
- Meaghan's Website: http://www.meaghanmikkelson.com/
- Natalie's Wikipedia page: Natalie Spooner
- Meaghan's Wikipedia page: Meaghan Mikkelson
Social Media Profiles
- Natalie's Facebook: /natalie.spooner.5
- Natalie's Twitter: @natspooner5
- Natalie's Instagram: /natspooner5
- Fan Page of Meaghan's Facebook: /MeaghanMikkelson12
- Meaghan's Twitter: @mikkelson12
- Meaghan's Facebook: /meaghan.reid.58
- Meaghan's Instagram: /mikkelson12
|The Amazing Race Canada 2 Teams|