|Nancy & Emily|
|Members|| Nancy Lundgren Hoyt|
Emily Hoyt (later Crew)
|Birth Dates|| September 3, 1955 (Nancy)|
September 8, 1979 (Emily)
|Died||December 8, 2011 (age 56) (Nancy)|
|Occupation|| Home Economist (Nancy)|
|Roadblock Count|| Nancy: 2|
|Countries raced|| |
Nancy and Emily Hoyt were a Mother/Daughter team on the The Amazing Race 1.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Nancy and Emily are the only parent-and-child Team on THE AMAZING RACE. They've enjoyed traveling extensively together, but have had a few disagreements along the way. They're a strong Team for THE AMAZING RACE because while mother Nancy is good at planning and considerate of others, daughter Emily is impulsive and competitive.
The Amazing Race 1
|Nancy & Emily's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Emily||10 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Emily||8 of 10|
|3||3||France||Tough Climb / Easy Walk||Emily||8 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Emily||3 of 8|
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Emily||3 of 7|
|6||6||Tunisia → Italy||Foot / Hoof||Nancy||5 of 6|
|7||7||Italy → India||Glide / Ride||Nancy||5 of 6|
|8||8||India||Elephant / Row Boat||Emily||5 of 5|
|9||9||India → Thailand||Did not perform||Emily||5 of 5|||
1: There was an unaired Roadblock where one teammate had to cook a whole ostrich egg for the whole team to eat. On the DVD release, it was shown that Emily completed the task.
2: Nancy & Emily attempted the Private option of the Detour but skipped it and took a cab (to the next route marker) after growing frustrated of not finding a private car (prepared by the production team) for many hours. They initially arrived 4th at the Pit Stop, but their decision to deliberately forfeit the Detour incurred them a 24-hour time penalty, landing them at last place.
- First blood-related and parent/child team to compete.
- First team to be eliminated due to a penalty.
- This is also the longest time penalty in the history of the race and will not be broken due to rule changes.
- First team to be eliminated in Thailand.
- Highest placing by a mother/child team, 5th place.
- Emily performed the most Roadblocks, prior to the six Roadblock rule, out of any woman, performing 7.
- Last all-female team standing.
- Highest average placing all-female team, 5.78
- Only team in the final five that did not win a Fast Forward.
- Emily dated fellow Season 1 racer Brennan Swain but eventually broke up.
- She got married in 2009.
- On December 8, 2011, Nancy passed away at the age of 56 after a long battle with Lou Gehrig's disease.
- CBS.com featured them for a Mother's Day Celebration slideshow in 2015.
- Sam Houston State University interview (09/03/2001): "An 'Amazing' Adventure"
- Audrey Wick at HoustonianOnline.com (November 2001): "Hoyt still contest in The Amazing Race"
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (11/15/2001): "Bye-bye For Mother-Daughter Team"
- Greg Baerg at Zap2it.com (11/21/2001): "Mother/Daughter Team Looks Back at Amazing Race"
- Sam Houston State University interview (11/28/2001): "The End of An Adventure"
- ↑ http://www.gracegardensfh.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=534093
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20060628072023/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/teams/bios/emily.shtml
- ↑ http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20137377,00.html
- ↑ http://www.legacy.com/Wacotrib/Celebrations.asp?Page=Announcement&PersonID=128998170
- ↑ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race/2011_Dec_10_nancy-hoyt-dead
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001518/the-amazing-race-mother-s-day-celebration/52633/
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|