|Mickey & Pete|
|Members|| Mickey Henry|
|Hometown||Parry Sound, Ontario.|
|Occupation|| Owner/Operator, What Wake Park (Mickey)|
Deck installer (Pete)
|Roadblock Count|| Mickey: 7|
Mickey Henry & Pete Schmalz are a team of Best Friends on the 2nd season of The Amazing Race Canada.
- Age: 24
- Occupation: Owner/Operator, What Wake Park
- Current City: Seguin, Ont.
- Hometown: Parry Sound, Ont.
- Strengths: Intellectual, easy-going, active
- Fears/Phobias: Blood
- Favourite Travel Destination: "Muskoka (home) – or anywhere off the beaten path."
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "He steals my jokes, and then butchers them."
- Age: 24
- Occupation: Deck installer
- Current City: Parry Sound, Ont.
- Hometown: Parry Sound, Ont.
- Strengths: Handsome, funny, modest
- Fears/Phobias: Work
- Favourite Travel Destination: Guatemala
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "He sings songs he doesn't know the words to over and over again…like, learn the words or don't sing the song. Jeez!"
These best friends are most at home in their scenic locale of Muskoka, Ont., located a little more than 200 kilometres north of Toronto. "It's kind of hard to pin point [the exact location] because we live, like, in the middle of the woods," says Mickey. He and his best bud Pete have been best friends for so long they can't even remember how they first met. Their lifelong friendship and "calm under pressure" attitudes make them top competitors this season, according to them. Mickey and Pete believe life is an adventure that always works out. They live life by having fun and being carefree, "Kill 'em with kindness," said Pete. The friends share a love for extreme sports and have sustained many injuries while pursuing wakeboarding and other adventurous activities. One of their proudest accomplishments is the design and build of What Wake Park in Muskoka, a water-sport park run on a cable system that Mickey created and operates in the summer. The guys want to compete on 'The Amazing Race Canada' before entering a challenging work force in hopes that their winnings will bring them security in paying off massive school debts. They expect that people will judge them on their appearance and are fine with that, so long as no one knows that these small town boys have strength, speed, and outdoor skills that may outmatch their competition. Motto: "Long hair, don't care." Team they most associate with from Season 1: Mickey: "Jet and Dave – same kind of bromance." Pete: "Vanessa and Celina – it's not easy being beautiful."
The Amazing Race Canada 2
|Mickey & Pete's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Alberta → British Columbia||No Detour||Pete||7 of 11|||
|2||2||British Columbia||Sharp Knives / Sharp Eyes||Pete||3 of 10|
|3||3||British Columbia → Hong Kong||Kung Fu Master / Master Chef||Mickey||5 of 9|
|4||4||Hong Kong → Macau||Stamp It / Stomp It||Pete||6 of 8|
|5||5||Macau → Yukon||Make Your Bed / Ride a Sled||Mickey||6 of 8|
|6||6||Yukon → Manitoba||Puck It / Pinch It||Mickey||3 of 7|
|7||7||Manitoba → France||Show It / Tell It||Pete||3 of 6|
|8||8||France||Haute Couture / Plat Du Jour||Pete||3 of 6|
|9||9||France → Quebec||Flamed / Grilled||Mickey||2 of 5|
|10||10||Quebec → Prince Edward Island||Mussel / Mass||Pete||3 of 5|
|11||11||Prince Edward Island → New Brunswick||By Land / By Sea||Mickey||2 of 4|
|12||12||New Brunswick → Ontario||No Detour||Pete||1 of 3|||
1: Leg 1 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
2: Leg 12 also featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- On June 24, 2016, Mickey broke the record for the longest continuous wakeboarding ride in What Wake Park in Bali. He also raised over $3,100 for Parry Sound Rotary Club.
- Highest racing average for a all-male team who won the race but only the final leg at 3.67.
- First team of friends to win the race.
- What Wake Park's Twitter: @whatwakepark
- Mickey & Pete's Twitter: @mickeyandpete
|The Amazing Race Canada 2 Teams|