|Michael & Scott|
|Roadblock Count:|| Michael: 0|
Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo are a team of Firefighters on The Amazing Race 25.
Patriotic Natives of Boston, they were involved with the rescue services during the Boston Marathon Bombing in 2013. They were constantly at the back of the pack, and were further slowed down when Scott twisted his ankle at the beginning of Leg 3. Though they managed to leave the sheep herding task ahead of Tim & Te Jay, they were passed by the College Sweethearts when they went to the wrong place, eliminating them in 9th Place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Michael Ward
- Age: 40
- Hometown: Boston, Mass.
- Connection to your teammate: Friends and fellow firefighter on ladder truck.
- Current occupation: Firefighter/EMT Describe what you do: Protect and save lives and property.
- 3 words to describe you: Energetic, loyal and passionate.
- Favorite hobbies: Exercise, travel and obtaining "complimentary" access to V.I.P. venues.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Helping victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? James Bond #9
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? The wrestler "The Honkey Tonk Man."
- What excites you most about traveling? To make new friends with good people all over the world and immerse myself in their culture and traditions.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: It will only make us stronger. Everything you can throw at us, we will find a way to get something good out of it.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He never met a mirror he didn't love.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Japan. Steeped in culture, clean, respectful to family, elders and education.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Meet people of different cultures, traditions and be immersed in their world. To make new friends no matter what their backgrounds.
- Name: Scott Strazzullo
- Age: 39
- Hometown: Chelsea, Mass.
- Connection to your teammate: Friends and Brother Firefighter
- Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic/Haz-mat tech
- Describe what you do: I respond to fire and emergency medical situations in Boston and surrounding communities.
- 3 words to describe you: Team player, leader and survivor.
- Favorite hobbies: Football, ice hockey and music.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Fighting a fire inside a nuclear submarine in Maine and making it out.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? The Roman General Scipio Africanus.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? George S. Patton.
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me. I love to enjoy my free time traveling.
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places and cultures, living and loving people.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He has no filter and will say what's on his mind which is great but sometimes leads to other matters.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Mike thinks he is a historian but sometimes he has his facts all wrong.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to see more of the U.S.A. (my father and uncle fought in WWII) and Korea.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Show the world the strength, resilience, humor and personalities of people from Boston.
The Amazing Race 25
|Michael & Scott's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → U.S. Virgin Islands||No Detour||Scott||10 of 11|||
|2||2||U.S. Virgin Islands → United Kingdom||About Face / Pancake Race||No Roadblock||6 of 10|
|3||3||United Kingdom||Pony Up / Light My Fire||No Roadblock||9 of 9|
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/13/2014): "We Let Ourselves Down"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/13/2014): "Elimination Interview: Michael and Scott"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (10/13/2014): "Amazing Race 2014 Season 25 Exit Interview with Firefighters Michael & Scott"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/23/2014): "Exclusive: The Amazing Race' eliminees Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Gordon Holmes at Xfinity.com (10/15/2014): "We Kept Fighting, You Never Give Up"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/20/2014): "Despite elimination, Michael and Scott ready for their next adventure"
Social Media Profiles
- Michael's Facebook: /clarence.thomas.581
- Michael's Twitter: @MichaelWardBOS
- Scott's Facebook: /scott.j.strazzullo
- Scott's Twitter: @ScottStrazz617
|The Amazing Race 25 Teams|