|Michael & Kevin|
|Members|| Michael Wu|
Kevin "KevJumba" Wu
|Age|| 58 (Michael)|
|Hometown||Sugar Land, Texas|
|Occupation|| Internet entertainers;|
Software Consulant and Content Creator (Michael)
|Roadblock Count|| Michael: 3|
|Countries raced|| |
Michael Wu and Kevin "KevJumba" Wu are a Father/Son team on The Amazing Race 17.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 58
- Hometown: Sugar Land, Texas
- Connection to your Teammate: Father
- Current occupation: Software Consultant and Content Creator/Internet Entertainer
- Favorite hobbies: My favorite hobbies include reading a good book, watching old movies and going to the park/lake.
- Achievements: I have provided a stable and comfortable environment for my two kids to grow up. My wife and I did our best to raise them while running our own business.
- Lifelong to do list: Travel around the world, be good at martial arts like Tai-Chi and pursue an advanced degree
- What scares you most about traveling? Being in an airplane accident
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different places and people, and getting out of the routine to do something different
- What are you passionate about? I like to make friends smile and laugh. I also love to share my knowledge with young people and hope to make a difference in their lives.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would share half of the amount equally among the 11 teams and the rest I would donate to charity.
- People would be surprised to learn: I am not really comfortable in a competitive situation.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: North European countries
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We need to try and put our different personalities aside and work to be the best team we can be.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope the Race will be an exciting and fun experience that we can share for the rest of our lives. I'm also sure that facing the challenges and solving them together will definitely make us understand each other better. I hope to improve our relationship.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He uses foul language in situations when it's not really called for.
- Age: 19
- Hometown: Sugar Land, Texas
- Connection to your Teammate: Son
- Current occupation: Student/Internet Entertainer
- Favorite hobbies: Making videos, competitive sports and traveling
- Achievements: I just recently hit one million subscribers on Youtube. Also I'm the youngest person ever to be on Amazing Race!
- Lifelong to do list: Ultimately I would like to learn how to cook, travel the world, start a production company.
- What scares you most about traveling? Losing my luggage
- What excites you most about traveling? Getting to experience new places
- If I could switch places with someone: I'd rather not switch places with anyone.
- Role model/hero: My dad. He knows how to keep it real.
- What are you passionate about? Food
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would use it to fund a show I have in mind.
- People would be surprised to learn: I make YouTube videos with my dad. My dad is hilarious!
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Amsterdam
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Being decisive and using our heads more than others, because as a team we might be at a disadvantage physically.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? The experience of traveling around the globe.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes we have a difficult time comprehending one another.
The Amazing Race 17
|Michael & Kevin's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → United Kingdom||No Detour||Kevin||7 of 11|
|2||2||United Kingdom → Ghana||Tune In / Check Out||Michael||3 of 10|
|3||3||Ghana||Bicycle Parts / Language Arts||Kevin||9 of 9|
|4||4||Ghana → Sweden||Sleds / Beds||Michael||4 of 9|
|5||5||Sweden → Norway||Bike / Boat||Kevin||4 of 8|
|6||6||Norway → Russia||Classical Music / Classic Cinema||Kevin||3 of 7|
|7||7||Russia||Circus Band / Circus Clown||Michael||7 of 7|||
- In 2015, Kevin turned down a role for Master of None.
- Largest age gap for a parent/child team, 39 years
- Kevin's Wikipedia page: KevJumba
- Linda Ong at AsianWeek (09/25/2010): "Kevin Wu on The Amazing Race and His Rise to YouTube Fame"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (11/08/2010): "Getting Two Penalties Was a Shock to Us"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (11/08/2010): "The Amazing Race 17: Exclusive Interview with Michael and Kevin Wu"
- Digital Spy (12/14/2010): "Father-and-son pair say they had no idea they would incur penalties"
- Reality TV World (11/09/2010): "Exclusive - Michael and Kevin Wu discuss The Amazing Race"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (11/10/2010): "It Was a Month of Pure Adrenaline"
Social Media Profiles
- Michael & Kevin's Website: http://www.kevjumba.com/
- Michael & Kevin's YouTube Channel: /kevjumba
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|