|Meghan & Cheyne|
|Members|| Meghan Rickey|
|Hometown||San Diego, California|
|Occupation|| Account Executive (Meghan)|
Brand Manager (Cheyne)
|Roadblock Count|| Meghan: 5|
|Countries raced|| |
Retrieved from CBS.com
Meghan and Cheyne met while playing a competitive game of tetherball in elementary school. After 10 years of friendship, Cheyne realized he could not let the most athletic girl he knew get away. Other than a six-month period where Meghan studied abroad in Italy, this couple has been essentially inseparable for nearly five years.
Meghan and Cheyne both work in fields where they deal extensively with different publics. She is an account executive at a public affairs firm and he works for a social change marketing company where he develops after-school programs and deals with a diverse group of teens, school administrators and corporate executives. When not in the office, Meghan can be found coaching competitive girls' soccer — a sport that she and Cheyne have shared a passion for since they were kids. The couple feels strongly that their occupations and experiences with team sports have taught them effective communication skills and the virtue of patience, which they believe will benefit them in the Race.
Even though they are head-over-heels for each other, they still have their pet peeves just like any other couple. Meghan does not like that he tries to diffuse tense situations with laughter rather than by talking things through. The biggest thing about Meghan that frustrates Cheyne is her stubbornness. He claims that once she has her mind set on something she is difficult to reason with and it can be impossible to change her mind.
Ready to tackle the Race head-on, Meghan and Cheyne are very eager to use the power of positive thinking and their athleticism to compete as a team and hope that this experience further validates their friendship and love.
The Amazing Race 15
|Meghan & Cheyne's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Cheyne||1 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Meghan||6 of 11|
|2||3||Vietnam||Child's Play / Word Play||Cheyne||2 of 10|
|3||4||Vietnam → Cambodia||Cover / Wrap||Meghan||5 of 9|
|4||5||Cambodia → United Arab Emirates||Used Fast Forward||1 of 8►|
|5||6||United Arab Emirates||Gold / Glass||Cheyne||1 of 7|
|6||7||United Arab Emirates → The Netherlands||Farmer's Game / Farmer's Dance||Meghan||2 of 6|
|7||8||The Netherlands → Sweden||Nobel Dynamite / Viking Alphabet||Meghan||2 of 5|
|8||9||Sweden → Estonia||Serve / Sling||Cheyne||1 of 5|
|9||10||Estonia → Czech Republic||Fast & Furious / Slow & Steady||Cheyne||1 of 4|
|10||11||Czech Republic||Legend / Lager||Meghan||1 of 4|
|11||12||Czech Republic → United States||No Detour||Cheyne||1 of 3|
- On February 28, 2010, Meghan & Cheyne became engaged.
- In 2010, together with co-racers Brian & Ericka, Meghan & Cheyne started Custom Quest, a company that produces Amazing Race-like events to help facilitate team-building and leadership for organizations and corporations. Their first produced event was The Gotham Quest in New York City on May 8, 2010
- They got married on May 7, 2011 with fellow teams of Sam & Dan, Maria & Tiffany and Brian & Ericka in attendance.
- Meghan and Cheyne are expecting their first child, a baby girl, due Septemper/October 2016.
- Meghan and Cheyne have a baby girl named Rumi.
- Meghan & Cheyne broke BJ & Tyler's record of most consecutive win legs by winning the final four legs.
- Meghan & Cheyne's Website: www.meghanandcheyne.com
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (12/07/2009): "Exclusive: Meghan Rickey, Cheyne Whitney talk The Amazing Race 15"
- Digital Spy (12/07/2009): "Chating with the winners of The Amazing Race 15 about their experiences"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/07/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview With Winners Meghan Rickey and Cheyne Whitney"
Social Media Profiles
- Meghan's Facebook: /meghan.rickey
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|