|Megan & Courtney|
|Members|| Megan Burden|
|Hometown||St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Occupation|| Biomedical Engineering Technology Student (Megan)|
Social Work Student (Courtney)
|Roadblock Count|| Megan: 2|
Megan Burden and Courtney Roberts are a team of Cousins on The Amazing Race Canada 5.
Retrieved from CTV.com
Megan and Courtney are cousins with absolutely no filter. The girls are complete opposites but they click in every way – Megan is a sweet perfectionist, Courtney a determined loudmouth; Megan is book smart while Courtney is more hands-on; Megan is a Leafs fan and Courtney, a Habs fan. The one thing they do have in common is their natural charm and humor. Their family is infamous for their quirkiness and has been nicknamed “The Bundy’s” of St. Anthony.
While Megan and Courtney believe everyone will think they are goofy and gullible, these Newfoundlanders are out to prove otherwise while competing on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. With a fisherman father working rotations for much of her life, Megan has been fiercely independent since a young age. When Courtney's father was diagnosed with cancer when she was 16, she took on a lot of family responsibility while her mom travelled with her dad to treatment seven hours away.
These cousins come from small-town Newfoundland and even think St. John’s is too large for their liking. While both girls were accepted into school in the same city for what they are passionate about – biomedical engineering technology and social work – they both plan to settle back in Corner Brook once they finish.
- Megan: "Girls from the bay, trying to win our own way" | Courtney: "Can’t be poutin if you wants da touton"
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be?
- Megan: The Stunners | Courtney: Goofy Newfies
Walk on Song: "Me Too" by Meghan Trainor
Team they most associate with from previous seasons: No one! We're unique
If you could be an animal what would you be?
- Megan: Dog | Courtney: Possum
- Age: 23
- Occupation: Biomedical Engineering Technology Student
- Current City: St. John’s, NL
- Hometown: St. Lunaire-Griquet, NL
- Strengths: Quick learner, nice
- Fears/Phobia: Birds
- Favourite Travel Destination: Florida, Disney
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: She’s always late
- Age: 21
- Occupation: Social Work Student
- Current City: St. John’s, NL
- Hometown: Corner Brook, NL
- Strengths: Positive, determined, sense of honour
- Fears/Phobia: Claustrophobia and birds
- Favourite Travel Destination: Disneyworld
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: Does not put tops back on things
The Amazing Race Canada 5
|Megan & Courtney's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Newfoundland and Labrador → British Columbia||Pedal / Paddle||Megan||9 of 10|
|2||2||British Columbia → Alberta||Pump It / Pull It||Courtney||1 of 9|
|3||3||Alberta → British Columbia||Strike It / Throw It||Megan||8 of 8|||
- First team to be second-to-last on the first leg and not be last on the second leg.
- Amber Dowling at The Loop (07/19/2017): "Cousins reveal the moment they were kicking themselves"
Social Media Profiles
- Megan's Instagram: /mburden
- Courtney's Instagram: /courtney2662
- Megan's Twitter: @meganburden
- Courtney's Twitter: @crobbs2662
|The Amazing Race Canada 5 Teams|