|Matt & Ashley|
|Members|| Matt Cucolo|
|Age|| 30 (Matt)|
|Relation|| Dating (Legs 1-3)|
Engaged (Legs 3-10)
|Occupation|| Master Hairstylist (Matt)|
|Roadblock Count|| Matt: 5|
|Countries raced|| |
- Name: Matt Cucolo
- Age: 30
- Hometown: Scarsdale, N.Y.
- Relationship Status: Dating
- Length of Relationship: Known for 10 years, dating for 3.
- How did you meet? I was dating her best friend at the time.
- Current occupation: Master hairstylist.
- Describe what you do: I am a hairstylist. I do men and women's cut, color and any hair treatments. I am practically their therapist as well.
- 3 words to describe you: Hardworking, loving, handsome (Grandma told me when I was 3 years old. LOL!)
- Favorite hobbies: Training in the gym, snowboarding and playing baseball.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a very successful hairstylist. It's much more than just hair. It's an amazing feeling making people happy.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kevin Hart
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Leslie Mann
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing a new environment, new people and not knowing what to expect.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: She always has to be right and doesn't pay attention to me when I speak.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: When I ask her something or try to make plans and she doesn't respond or pay attention to me. Sometimes it's like I'm not there.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Honestly, I love traveling anywhere but probably Italy, because I've heard the most amazing things about it.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I wanna know that if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her we can communicate better and agree on life decisions.
- How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? It could give us an unbreakable bond and empowering relationship.
- Name: Ashley Gordon
- Age: 28
- Hometown: Scarsdale, N.Y.
- Connection to your teammate: Dating
- Length of Relationship: We've known each other for 10 years and been together for 3.
- How did you meet? He dated a friend/old roommate of mine. We kept running into each other randomly one summer.
- Current occupation: Hairstylist
- Describe what you do: Make people look and feel beautiful, not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Semi-therapist that is underpaid.
- 3 words to describe you: Genuine/loyal, well rounded and emotional/sympathetic.
- Favorite hobbies: Going to the beach, eating, working out/being active and getting pampered- massages, pedicures.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jennifer Aniston- hopeless romantic…yet silently sexy?
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kai Greene. I admire Matt's dedication to whatever endeavor he takes on, as well as his *artistry and passion for life, like Kai Greene.
- What scares you most about traveling? Fear of a new environment.
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new cultures, new environments, scenery, being able to almost start fresh when there is something to look forward to and also start fresh when I come back home.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: How to handle and accept his opinions and not constantly disagree with one another. We often bicker about irrelevant subject matters.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: His poor listening skills and how he will deny something that is a definite fact and laugh about it! That drives me crazy!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Greece for the beautiful architecture, Brazil for the booties, and Ibiza for the party scene. Italy is another- I have a ton of family there and I have never been to Europe.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I would love to get back to the core of our relationship before social media (Instagram) and really rekindle that deep love and communication we had when we could literally chat for hours about nothing without looking at our cell phones constantly.
- How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We get engaged and get back to finding the love we had with one another when it is just him and I and no one else around. We have so many friends and family it's like we don't even go out to dinner and converse anymore.
The Amazing Race 26
|Matt & Ashley's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||Syncing Steps / Samurai Sake||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Japan||Share / Chair||Ashley||7 of 10|
|3||3||Japan → Thailand||Ski / Tree||No Roadblock||6 of 9♥|||
|4||4||Thailand||Water / Wheel||Matt||8 of 9|
|5||5||Thailand → Germany||Stein / Stack||Ashley||2 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → France → Monaco → France||Don't Slack Off / Win By a Nose||Matt||4 of 7|
|7||7||France → Namibia||Track / Pack||Matt||1 of 6|
|8||8||Namibia||Work / Play||Ashley||2 of 6⊂|
|9||9||Namibia → The Netherlands||Soak / Shuffle||Matt||5 of 5|
|10||10||The Netherlands → Peru||Mamas / Papas||Matt||5 of 5|
- Matt & Ashley were married on February 6, 2016.
- Upon their engagement at the Pit Stop in Leg 3, they become the fifth team to evolve their relationship during the race, particularly to engagement (after Hayden & Aaron, Chad & Stephanie, Alain & Audrey, and Sally & Tyson).
- First team to retrieve the Date Night ticket from another team.
- Ashley was the first female to win the Date Night ticket.
- Sierra Marquina at UsMagazine.com (03/06/2015): "The Amazing Race Hairstylists Matt and Ashley Dish Behind-the-Scenes Details on Their Finish Line Engagement"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (05/04/2015): "Who Do Matt and Ashley Blame for Their Elimination?"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (05/04/2015): "Amazing Race 2015: Talking with the Latest Team Eliminated from TAR 26"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (05/04/2015): "After Their Elimination, Matt & Ashley Talk Endurance, Fanny Packs & Proposals: That's the way the cookie crumbles"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (05/05/2015): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' engaged couple Matt Cucolo and Ashley Gordon talk" [Parts 1 & 2}
- Mike and Rochelle on On the Block Network (09/25/2015): "Amazing Race 27 Episode 2 LIVE Recap | The Pit Stop | Guests Matt & Ashley (TAR 26)"
Social Media Profiles
- Matt's Facebook: /matt.cucolo.5
- Matt's Instagram: /matthew1984_
- Matt's Twitter: @MATTofMASH
- Ashley's Facebook: /ashley.gordon.5851
- Ashley's Instagram: /ashleygordon3
- Ashley's Twitter: @ASHofMASH
|The Amazing Race 26 Teams|