|Lyn & Karlyn|
|Members|| Lynette "Lyn" Turk|
|Hometown|| Birmingham, Alabama (Lyn)|
Helena, Alabama (Karlyn)
|Occupation|| 4th grade teacher (Lyn)|
Program analyst (Karlyn)
|Roadblock Count|| Lyn: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
African-American single moms from Alabama, they were dismissed as a weak team due to their struggle in the first 2 legs and throughout the race. Contestants made regular comment on how surprised they were that the team to whom they referred to as "Bama" or "The Sistas" made competitive strides. Undeterred, they managed to survive elimination legs after legs despite competing against much more physically capable teams due to their navigation skills, level-headed pragmatism in stressful situations and, in part, to their alliance with the "6 packs" (including David & Mary and Erwin & Godwin). In reference to their kinship with David & Mary, Karlyn stated, "We're from the South. We help each other. That's what we do."
Retrieved from CBS.com Lyn & Karlyn have been friends since the ninth grade, but the humorous banter that these single moms share makes them seem more like sisters. Referring to themselves as the "Black Debutantes" of the Race, this Alabama duo intends to compete with style, class and dignity.
Lyn lives in Birmingham, Alabama and teaches high school. A mother of three, she enjoys traveling, reading and meeting new people. Karlyn is a programming analyst who lives in Helena, Alabama with her daughter. She can be described as crazy, loud and creative and has a fear of flying.
The friends are excited about traveling abroad for the first time together and believe that their resourcefulness and ability to improvise will make them the Team to beat.
The Amazing Race 10
|Lyn & Karlyn's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Karlyn||9 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Lyn||9 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Karlyn||6 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Karlyn||6 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Lyn||5 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Karlyn||4 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Lyn||5 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Lyn||5 of 6|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Karlyn||3 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Lyn||4 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Karlyn||2 of 4<|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Lyn||2 of 4|
|13||12||Spain → France → United States||Art / Fashion||Karlyn||3 of 3|
- Just days before the season finale aired, Lyn's home was burglarized and almost of all her possessions were gone.
- In 2008, Lyn remarried her first husband (with whom she had three kids).
- Karlyn refused to sign the letter sent by Lyn to Dustin & Kandice in Leg 4 (of the Roadblock) on All-Stars.
- Lyn & Karlyn are the first all-female team to reach the final three and qualify for the final leg.
- First team to reach the final three without winning any previous legs.
- First team to finish the race without winning any leg.
- Lowest racing average of an all-female team who completed the race at 5.00.
- Eric Goldman at IGN (12/13/2006): "Amazing Race Exclusive Interview: Lyn & Karlyn"
- Jenn Brasler at Reality News Online (12/18/2006): "You'll Never Know How You'll React Unless You're There"
Social Media Profiles
- Lyn's Facebook: /lyn.turk
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|