|"Low to the Ground, That's My Technique"|
|Episode Number||13/13 (134)|
|First Broadcast||May 6, 2007|
|Previous||"Oh My God, the Teletubbies Go to War"|
|Next|| "Donkeys Have Souls, Too"|
Low to the Ground, That's My Technique is the Season Finale of The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
The final three All-Star teams race towards the finish line for their second chance at one million dollars and, for two teams, its the chance to become the first all-female team to win the Race, on the season finale.
The order of departure from Fort Soledad are as follows:
Teams must sign up for charter helicopter rides to Lanai, departing 10 minutes apart. Once they land, they must choose a marked jeep to drive themselves to Kaumalapau Harbor to receive their next clue.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to likely jump off a cliff into the water below, however the exact objective was unaired.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Mirna and Danielle are shown in promotional material performing the Roadblock. It is unknown who did the Roadblock for Dustin & Kandice.
Footage of Charla & Mirna approaching jeeps with the clue inside each jeep after their helicopter landed in Lanai suggest that the location of the Roadblock was most likely in Hawaii before the Detour, though the exact location is unknown.
Choice A: Under
Teams must swim into an underwater cave where their next clue would be anchored to the floor of the cave.
Choice B: Over
Teams must use a paddle board and paddle together to one of buoys that had their next clue.
Only Charla & Mirna chose this task.
Teams must drive themselves to Shipwreck Beach and search the beach for their next clue.
Teams must use a kayak to find a nearby World War II ship wreck to find the buoy and their next clue.
Teams must make their way to the San Francisco Old Mint to find their next clue.
At the Old Mint, teams were given for the final task, one team member must enter the vault that would answer four questions relating to their opinion of other teams on the race had displayed on the wall:
- Who is least trustworthy?
- Who has the best sense of humor?
- Who is most overrated?
- Who do you most want to stay in touch with?
The answers must corresponding to a four digit code that that team member entered to lock a safe containing their final clue. The other team member then had 10 minutes to guess his or her teammate's answers and enter the same code to unlock the safe. If they guessed correctly, the safe would open and leave immediately to allow their final clue. If the 10 minutes expired without a correct guess, a guard would hand them their final clue
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward• > Used the Yield • < Recipient of the Yield
- This episode's title is said by Charla to Mirna, as the reason behind her paddling skills in Hawaii.
- In the US Version, this was the last leg that was the thirteenth leg of the season.
- “Along the way, the best of the best battled the elements, health issues and each other.”— Phil recapping the season
- “We will always find a way to use our mental abilities to get ahead.”— Mirna
- “I guess opposites attract and in this case, our opposites got us through the race.”— Danielle at the finish line
- “Yup, we didn't win. Damn.”— Kandice when arriving at the Finish Line
- Leslie Seaton at BuddyTV (05/06/2007): "The Amazing Race: All-Stars, Finale Recap"
- Edward Hasbrouck at the The Practical Nomad (05/06/2007): "The All-Star Edition Finale"
- Heather Havrilesky at Salon (05/07/2007): "Finale wrap-up: The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Molly Bishop at The Trades (05/07/2007): "A Dose of Reality: The Amazing Race: All Stars - Episode 12"
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (05/07/2007): "The final three All-Star teams raced for the finish line"