|Lorena & Jason|
|Members|| Lorena Segura|
|Hometown||Sherman Oaks, California|
|Occupation|| Bartender (Lorena)|
Wedding Videographer/Actor (Jason)
|Roadblock Count|| Lorena: 1|
Lorena Segura and Jason Widener are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 12.
This couple met at a bar over three years ago, quickly started dating and have been trying to figure out if they really belong together ever since. Although they live under one roof, they rarely see each other due to their opposite work schedules.
Lorena and Jason's cultural differences has caused some issues in their relationship and they're hoping the Race might help them figure out whether or not their relationship has what it takes to last.
Jason works as a wedding videographer/actor and teaches martial arts. His favorite hobbies are yoga, rock climbing and martial arts. He describes himself as courageous and volatile. Volatile could also be the best word to describe his and Lorena's relationship. Lorena admits that she is a very jealous person, which has caused problems in the past.
Lorena also works as a waitress and is an actress. She admits that the biggest difference between the two is that she stresses out over everything while Jason is much more relaxed. Lorena is ready to get married and this topic in particular has caused some friction in their relationship in the past.
Both are well traveled and very physical. This couple plays together, travels together, exercises together and fights together.
The Amazing Race 12
|Lorena & Jason's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Ireland||No Detour||Jason||4 of 11|
|2||2||Ireland → The Netherlands||Hoist It / Hunt It||Jason||1 of 10|
|3||3||The Netherlands → Burkina Faso||Teach It / Learn It||Lorena||8 of 9|
|4||4||Burkina Faso||Shake Your Pan / Shake Your Booty||Jason||8 of 8⊃|
- Lorena and Jason broke-up around 2010.
- Jason has since gotten married and has two kids.
- Lorena has appeared in television shows such as iCarly and Cold Case.
- First team to be U-Turned.
- Christopher Roochio at Reality TV World (11/27/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Amazing Race's Lorena Segura and Jason Widener"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (11/27/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Lorena & Jason, 4th Eliminated on The Amazing Race 12"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (11/27/2007): "There was a Lot of Bad Luck About It"
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (11/29/2007): "Amazing Race Interview: Lorena & Jason"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide (11/29/2007): "Castoffs Give Advice to Future Competitors"
Social Media Profiles
- Lorena's Facebook: /lorena.segura.18
- Lorena's Twitter: @spanishwithlola
- Jason's Facebook: /jasonwidener
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|