|Members|| Nicholas Linz|
|Age|| 24 (Nick)|
|Occupation|| Sales (Nick)|
Emergency room tech (Alex)
College students (Megan and Tommy)
|Roadblock Count|| Nick: 5|
Nick Linz, Alex Linz, Megan Linz, and Tommy Linz are a team of Siblings on the family edition of The Amazing Race.
The Linz family is from Cincinnati, Ohio. This close-knit team is comprised of three brothers and one feisty sister who are so deeply rooted in Cincinnati that they have over 50 first cousins living in or near the Cincinnati area. The Linz's parents have been married for over 28 years.
Nick is the oldest on the team at 24 and works in sales in Buffalo, New York. He describes himself as hardworking and friendly.
Alex, 22, recently graduated from the University of Cincinnati and works as a an emergency room tech. He says he is optimistic and proud.
Tommy, 19, is currently enrolled at Miami University of Ohio. Tommy, who played on the Miami University lacrosse team, is willing and outgoing.
Megan, 21, is the only female on the team. She also attends Miami University of Ohio and is studying Strategic Communications. Megan enjoys cheerleading and field hockey. Although she's outnumbered by the boys, she and her brothers are very close.
The Linz siblings are well-traveled, athletic, very competitive and ready to embark on a race around the world.
The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition
|The Linz Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||9 of 10|
|2||2||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Heat of the Battle / Heat of the Night||Nick||2 of 9|
|3||3||Virginia → South Carolina → Alabama||Forrest Gump / Muddy Waters||Alex & Tommy||2 of 8|
|4||4||Alabama → Mississippi → Louisiana||Work / Play||Tommy||3 of 7|
|5||5||Louisiana → Panama||Rhythm / Coos||Nick||4 of 6|
|6||6||Panama → Costa Rica||Relic / Ripe||Megan||2 of 6|
|7||7||Costa Rica → Arizona||Brush / Barrel||Tommy||3 of 5|
|8||Arizona||Bearing / Bailing||Megan||2 of 5|
|8||9||Arizona → Utah||Ride Down / Drop Down||Nick||1 of 4>|
|9||10||Utah → Wyoming → Montana||Spike It / Steam It||Alex & Tommy||3 of 4|||
|10||Pioneer Spirit / Native Tradition||Nick & Alex||2 of 4|
|11||11||Montana → Canada → New York||Slide It / Roll It||Alex||2 of 3|||
|Ship / Shoe||Nick||1 of 3|
1: Leg 10 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, and shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
1: Leg 11 was also double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, and shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
- The siblings gave half of the prize money to their parents.
- Nick, Alex, and Megan has since married after competing on the race and all three has had children.
- The first blood-related and the first family team to win the race.
- The first sibling team to win the race.
- Tied with Nick & Starr and Matt & Phoebe for Youngest averaged team to win the race, being 21.5 while racing.
- First team to come in second-to-last in the first leg and win the race.
- First winning team to outright have the highest racing average of the season.
- Tied with Nick & Starr for Youngest averaged team in the final three.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (12/14/2005): "Linzes Land $1M 'Race' Prize"
- AP (12/15/2005): "Cincinnati siblings win latest Amazing Race"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (12/20/2005): "The Linz Kids are Race's First Family"
- Jenn Brasler at RealityNewsOnline (12/21/2005): "We Were in the Race to Enjoy It"
- Eileen Connelly at Catholic Online (02/08/2006): "Amazing Race winning Catholic siblings prize family over jackpot"
- John Kiesewetter on WVXU (12/14/2015): "Where Are They Now: The Linz Kids Who Won $1 Million On The Amazing Race"
Social Media Profiles
- Nick's Facebook: /nick.linz.7
- Alex's Facebook: /alex.linz.50
- Tommy's Facebook: /linztc
|The Amazing Race Family Edition Teams|