|Laurence & Zac|
|Members|| Laurence Sunderland|
|Age|| 48 (Laurence)|
|Hometown||Thousand Oaks, California|
|Occupation|| Yacht manager (Laurence)|
Record-setting boat captain (Zac)
|Roadblock Count|| Laurence: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
Laurence Sunderland and Zac Sunderland are a Father/Son Adventurers team on the 19th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrived from CBS.com
- Age: 48
- Hometown: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Father
- Current occupation: Yacht manager
- Describe what you do: I deliver, teach and control all aspects of yachts under management – technical and mechanical.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? I'm used to dealing with high levels of stress and have good endurance.
- Three words to describe you: Energetic, perseverant and compassionate.
- Favorite hobbies: Yachting, running and music.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? John Cleese
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Loving and supporting a family of eight children.
- What scares you most about traveling? A plane falling out of the sky.
- What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing new cultures, food and customs.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Controlling our emotions while under extreme pressure.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: His ability to shift responsibility when it's convenient.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia. I love the outback, the surf, the people and the diverse wildlife.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? To become closer to my son.
- Age: 19
- Hometown: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Son
- Current occupation: Record-setting boat captain
- Describe what you do: I captain boats all around the world doing deliveries.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? My experiences dealing with sleep deprivation, foreign countries and charting will be valuable skills on The Race.
- Three words to describe you: Adventurous, perseverant and strong willed.
- Favorite hobbies: Sailing, surfing and skating.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Johnny Knoxville
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Bill Murray
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the youngest person to sail around the world.
- What scares you most about traveling? The plane crashing.
- What excites you most about traveling? I love experiencing different cultures.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: It will be a challenge to always keep level headed in stressful situations.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad gets stuck in his ways and will not hear reason.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Cape Town, South Africa. I stayed there for three weeks on my last trip. It is a beautiful country with a great history.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? My Dad and I are definitely close and I hope we grow even closer through The Race.
The Amazing Race 19
|Laurence & Zac's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Taiwan||No Detour||Zac||6 of 11|
|2||2||Taiwan → Indonesia||Shake Your Money Maker / Be a Ticket Taker||Zac||2 of 11|
|3||3||Indonesia||Rice Field / Grass Fed||Laurence||2 of 9|
|4||4||Indonesia → Thailand||Coral Reconstruction / Beach Preparation||Zac||4 of 8|||
|5||5||Thailand||No Detour||Laurence||5 of 8|||
|6||6||Thailand → Malawi||All Sewn Up / Not Grown Up||Laurence||4 of 7|
|7||7||Malawi||Dugout / Lugout||Laurence||5 of 7⊂|||
|8||8||Malawi → Denmark||All Hopped Up / All Churned Out||Zac||6 of 6⋑|
1: Laurence & Zac initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for using more than the allowed number of buckets at the Grass Fed Detour. During this time, Andy & Tommy checked in for a 1st place finish, dropping Laurence & Zac to 2nd.
2: Leg 5 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
3: Laurence & Zac used their U-Turn power on Amani & Marcus. However, Amani & Marcus had already passed them and were not affected by the U-Turn.
- Zac at the age of 19 is the youngest contestant in in the American Version standard format (tied with Kevin Wu and Cameron Benson).
- Youngest average age of a father/son team, collective average of 33 years old.
- First team to be eliminated in Denmark.
- Zac's Wikipedia page: Zac Sunderland
- Laurence's Website: worldwindproductions.com
Social Media Profiles
- Laurence & Zac's Facebook: /Laurence.Sunderland
- Zac's Twitter: @ZacSunderland
- Zac's Website: zacsunderland.com
|The Amazing Race 19 Teams|