|Kerri & Stacy|
|Members|| Kerri Paul|
|Occupation|| Program Coordinator (Kerri)|
Self Employed/"Basketball" Wife (Stacy)
|Roadblock Count|| Kerri: 3|
Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers are a team of Cousins on the 20th season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 30
- Hometown: Gulfport, Miss.
- Connection to your teammate: Cousins
- Current occupation: Program Coordinator
- Describe what you do: I coordinate recreational programs and cultural events for the city of Gulfport.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? I am very skilled at the planning and execution of events, activities, etc. I pay very close attention to detail which will help at completing tasks with precision.
- Three words to describe you: Loquacious, resourceful and driven.
- Favorite hobbies: Running on the beach, organizing (my home, social events, gatherings) and watching reality TV.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Beyonce – big hair and southern girl flair
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Angelina Jolie. Stacy is a smoking hot mom! She is a dynamic individual, beautiful, adventurous and has a big heart. You never know what her next move will be.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am a first generation college graduate. I'm most proud that I was the first person in my family to graduate from college, and I was the first to obtain a masters degree as well. It was a proud moment for me and my entire family.
- What scares you most about traveling? The thought of the unknown scares me. In the U.S. everyone speaks the same language and has the same culture. It's frightening to imagine stepping off a plane where you can't even ask people questions because they don't speak English.
- What excites you most about traveling? It's exciting to get the opportunity to see places that you're only able to see on TV or the internet! Growing up I've been fortunate to travel all over the U.S., but I've never had the opportunity to travel abroad. It will be exciting to experience different customs, foods and ways of life. It's a chance of a lifetime!
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Stacy doesn't assert herself enough. I want her to give her ideas, thoughts, opinions and not hold back. I can be very overpowering at times ("mouth of the south"), and I want her to speak up more and not have me do all the talking.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She's fashionably late to everything. My super procrastinator cousin always has everyone waiting or her to arrive. Also, she tends to go off on a tangent with these long, drawn out stories/monologues. I find myself "listening" to be polite when I really want to cut her off and start talking myself.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Brazil/South America, because I think the culture is very exotic and colorful. I would love to experience "Carnival" because it is the birthplace of Mardi Gras, which is a tradition that my family celebrates coming from South Mississippi (near New Orleans).
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We have been separated in our adult lives due to Hurricane Katrina, college, marriage, etc. We hope to use this time together to strengthen the bond that we once had as children. Also, I want to take this time to travel, accomplish my goal of winning The Race and to do something adventurous before my husband and I settle down and start having children.
- Age: 30
- Hometown: Gulfport, Miss.
- Connection to your teammate: Cousins
- Current occupation: Self Employed/"Basketball" Wife
- Describe what you do: I spend most of my time working on various projects. My husband and I are currently working on a Youth Basketball Camp to be held this upcoming summer. I also spend a lot of time traveling back and forth between the U.S. and Italy, where my husband plays professional basketball for "Umana Venezia" in Venice.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? I can multitask easily. I have developed a lot of skills and resourcefulness throughout the years.
- Three words to describe you: Analytical, witty and tenacious.
- Favorite hobbies: Spending time/playing with my children, cooking and gaming (Sudoku, Monopoly, Scrabble, Taboo). I'm also very much into politics. My friends often look to me to explain the latest "possip" (political-gossip) and hot political topics.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jennifer Lopez, because she goes from sweet to heat in 0.2 seconds.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kerri is a mix between Beyonce and Tamar Braxton. She is absolutely beautiful, adventurous and intelligent. She's also very talkative. I never know what "craziness" will come out of her mouth!
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Other than being a great mommy, I am proud that I was able to complete my MBA with a 4.0 GPA.
- What scares you most about traveling? Traveling is not really scary to me, however, the thought of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no means of communication is a bit scary.
- What excites you most about traveling? I am excited to see and experience new cultures.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Kerri has a big mouth and often talks over me. She also always automatically assumes that her opinion is the only one that counts—or that my opinion isn't important.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Not only does Kerri speak often but she also speaks very loudly sometimes. She just wants to be the only voice heard throughout the planet. She is 100% drama queen.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Spain – especially Barcelona, mainly because it's a very beautiful country, rich in culture and history. Plus, I've always wanted to try authentic Spanish food.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to prove to both of my children, but especially my 11 year old son, that anything is truly possible with hard work and determination. He had speech challenges early on, and would easily get discouraged and very frustrated with his situation. I want him to see me work through challenges with steadfast determination. I hope that in seeing me compete, it will encourage them to dream big and show them that there are no limits to accomplishing one's ambitions. I want them to think to themselves, "If Mommy can compete for the sky, then we can reach the moon!"
The Amazing Race 20
|Kerri & Stacy's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Argentina||No Detour||Kerri||7 of 11|
|2||2||Argentina||Boil My Water / Light My Fire||Stacy||5 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina → Paraguay||Stacked Up / Strung Out||Kerri||7 of 9|
|4||4||Paraguay → Italy||Clean That Statue / Name That Salami||Stacy||7 of 8|
|5||5||Italy → Germany||Fairy Tale / Champion Male||Kerri||8 of 8|
- Lowest average placing team of cousins.
- First African-American female team of cousins.
- Susan Gonzales at Yakkity Yaks (03/20/2012): "The Yak Chats with Team Pink"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (03/27/2012): "We Do Not Do Cold Weather!"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (03/20/2012): "Elimination Interview: Kerri & Stacy"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (03/21/2012): "Latest bootees talk poor navigation, changing tires and fear of dolphins"
- Catriona Wightman at Digital Spy (03/20/2012): "We had plain old bad directions"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (03/19/2012): "Navigating The Amazing Race with Kerri and Stacy"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (03/19/2012): "Exclusive: Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers talk about The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (03/19/2012): "We Are Not Navigationally Savvy"
Social Media Profiles
- Kerri's Website: www.kerrapy.blogspot.com/
- Kerri's Facebook: /kerrimargaret
- Stacy's Twitter: @Stacy_Bowers
- Stacy's Facebook: /stacy.bowers
|The Amazing Race 20 Teams|